Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Make ALL Companions Good!

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
I'm so tired of losing my only useful companions in Smuggler's Arena. (I think they might have lowered the wait time though, I remember it taking like half a day)

There are so many random companions that just got shoved into our pirates' lists a million years ago and never improved with the good companions. My old Batacuda is so terrible; my Bonnie Anne gets 6 Epic Talents and 3 Powers, while my Batacuda is abandoned and left with 1 Epic Talent and 0 Powers. My pet is far better than that old fish, charming its way through the Smuggler's Arena and winning me that 500 scrip.

Even if KI can't think of new appearances or titles for promotions, they should still be upgrading our Old Reliables. Unpromotable companions should be able to learn Epic Talents and Powers just by being leveled up, so they can still catch up with the rest of the world.

Witchdoctors only get 4 Buccaneer companions from questing (unless you got Birgus Latro or Gaspard de Vole from the Presidio), Batacuda, Ratbeard, Crokagator, and Hawkules. Ratbeard, Crokagator, and Hawkules all get at least 4 Epic Talents, so you could get 1 crew of good Buccaneers, but then you'd have to send in another class Companion when one of those Buccaneers die. A quarter of my Buccaneer companion selection is totally horrible and bad, and that should be fixed.

I like my old Spirit Chief, he gets Rouse, which his helpful anywhere, but really, at level 65, he should have a Revive and more than 3 epics. This guy was a good companion when he was new, but now he's not even an option. I need all companions to be capable of fighting, not just the main ones.

Corrupt Lucas Vries
__Level 65
__Armada's Most Wanted

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:
I'm so tired of losing my only useful companions in Smuggler's Arena. (I think they might have lowered the wait time though, I remember it taking like half a day)

There are so many random companions that just got shoved into our pirates' lists a million years ago and never improved with the good companions. My old Batacuda is so terrible; my Bonnie Anne gets 6 Epic Talents and 3 Powers, while my Batacuda is abandoned and left with 1 Epic Talent and 0 Powers. My pet is far better than that old fish, charming its way through the Smuggler's Arena and winning me that 500 scrip.

Even if KI can't think of new appearances or titles for promotions, they should still be upgrading our Old Reliables. Unpromotable companions should be able to learn Epic Talents and Powers just by being leveled up, so they can still catch up with the rest of the world.

Witchdoctors only get 4 Buccaneer companions from questing (unless you got Birgus Latro or Gaspard de Vole from the Presidio), Batacuda, Ratbeard, Crokagator, and Hawkules. Ratbeard, Crokagator, and Hawkules all get at least 4 Epic Talents, so you could get 1 crew of good Buccaneers, but then you'd have to send in another class Companion when one of those Buccaneers die. A quarter of my Buccaneer companion selection is totally horrible and bad, and that should be fixed.

I like my old Spirit Chief, he gets Rouse, which his helpful anywhere, but really, at level 65, he should have a Revive and more than 3 epics. This guy was a good companion when he was new, but now he's not even an option. I need all companions to be capable of fighting, not just the main ones.

Corrupt Lucas Vries
__Level 65
__Armada's Most Wanted
Yar, mate! All companions need an up grade, I have a few ( which despite resetting, still stink to blazes! ) Crab Hermit, I'm looking at you!

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Yes! so many companions with so much potential

Admiral
May 30, 2010
They're all good, just for different purposes, kind of like a screwdriver and a socket wrench are good at their jobs, but not very useful for the hammering thing. Sadly, the animal companions (as opposed to the anthropomorphized companions) are good at being beasties. That's one of the weaknesses of being a WD. On the other hand, with a bit of tactical play, they're still useful.

You're right, it'd be nice if our healing companions would consistently improve their heals as they go up levels, but sometimes life doesn't do the nice thing.