Lucky Jack Russell Promotion #1 Problem

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 29, 2010
5
My swashbuckler is level 21, so I thought it would be a good Idea to promote Lucky Jack Russell to make him an adequate member of my team. However, the very first assignment of the quest requires me to purchase a zone from book 8 with crowns to speak to a character . I'm not even at cool ranch, so I would either spend thousands to achieve this zone, or spend 2,500 crowns just to perform this single part of the quest. Why the single part? Because the remainder of this quest takes place in Monquista, which I have all of . For users such as myself, this isn't seen as fair, when 1% of the quest revolves around talking to someone in a chapter not yet purchased, and the other 99% in one purchased. This should be refined in my opinion, but if not, I just need advice. It seems like an easy fix to simply put the character I have to speak to outside of the building you are supposed to find him in Am I weird for thinking this?

Little Hannah Richmond Lvl 21

(P.S. I have all zones up to Valencia )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
Little Hannah Rich... on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
My swashbuckler is level 21, so I thought it would be a good Idea to promote Lucky Jack Russell to make him an adequate member of my team. However, the very first assignment of the quest requires me to purchase a zone from book 8 with crowns to speak to a character . I'm not even at cool ranch, so I would either spend thousands to achieve this zone, or spend 2,500 crowns just to perform this single part of the quest. Why the single part? Because the remainder of this quest takes place in Monquista, which I have all of . For users such as myself, this isn't seen as fair, when 1% of the quest revolves around talking to someone in a chapter not yet purchased, and the other 99% in one purchased. This should be refined in my opinion, but if not, I just need advice. It seems like an easy fix to simply put the character I have to speak to outside of the building you are supposed to find him in Am I weird for thinking this?

Little Hannah Richmond Lvl 21

(P.S. I have all zones up to Valencia )
Being free - to - play myself, what I'm about to say may shock you. No, I believe KI is entirely right in making you buy this zone. Because eventually you will be coming back to Cap'n Dan later on in the main quest. Won't it be nice to know that you already have that zone, when this happens. Plus promotions are very important, they make your companions more fit for the trails ahead. Doing the promotions immediately as you get them also prevents some disasterous results - doing them out of order with the story line may cause some promotions to be unable to finish correctly.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
740
Little Hannah Rich... on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
My swashbuckler is level 21, so I thought it would be a good Idea to promote Lucky Jack Russell to make him an adequate member of my team. However, the very first assignment of the quest requires me to purchase a zone from book 8 with crowns to speak to a character . I'm not even at cool ranch, so I would either spend thousands to achieve this zone, or spend 2,500 crowns just to perform this single part of the quest. Why the single part? Because the remainder of this quest takes place in Monquista, which I have all of . For users such as myself, this isn't seen as fair, when 1% of the quest revolves around talking to someone in a chapter not yet purchased, and the other 99% in one purchased. This should be refined in my opinion, but if not, I just need advice. It seems like an easy fix to simply put the character I have to speak to outside of the building you are supposed to find him in Am I weird for thinking this?

Little Hannah Richmond Lvl 21

(P.S. I have all zones up to Valencia )
I can tell you been hitting the side quests. At level 21 you should be somewhere in the El Toro quest line if you didn't do a bunch of side quests.

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
63
yep, plus if your min problem is not wanting to buy tons of areas you should really just get membership, it is SO much cheaper that buying areas

Fearless john west level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john morris level 32