Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Location Marker?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
Hi K.I. I have a question, will there ever be a mark location button like in W101? It can be a little frustrating when you just paid a thousand gold to get to Aquila, and one of your friends calls for help in cool ranch. A mark location button would solve this problem as we could just mark the location, help our friend, and teleport right back. I know the "Go to skull island" button is similar, but it's just not the same, as you can't leave skull island without losing your spot. If you would consider implementing this feature, I would very much appreciate it!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Yea I agree. There are times that no matter how hard I try it still gets annoying trying to help others out and not let your budget get too low, especially when you are in hyper training mode.

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
Excellent idea, I'd love for it to be implemented on Pirate101 too!

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
I fully support this idea. I think the reason they may have not implemented this feature is to have a bit of realism. In Wizard101, because you're a wizard, you can teleport and use spells and stuff, but in Pirate101, as a pirate, you are less magical than the wizards. I was just trying to think of some reason KingsIsle didn't add this. It's a pretty bad reason, because out Pirates CAN teleport, to an extent.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
ninja pirate on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
Hi K.I. I have a question, will there ever be a mark location button like in W101? It can be a little frustrating when you just paid a thousand gold to get to Aquila, and one of your friends calls for help in cool ranch. A mark location button would solve this problem as we could just mark the location, help our friend, and teleport right back. I know the "Go to skull island" button is similar, but it's just not the same, as you can't leave skull island without losing your spot. If you would consider implementing this feature, I would very much appreciate it!
Maybe instead of a blue marker it could be a your flag on a pole like in the docks. Just to keep it more piratey.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ninja pirate on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
I agree with you 110%. This is one of the things that I always thought would be a great addition to the game. The ability to use mark and recall to return to a location of your choosing would be very useful for sure.

Along with that feature I would love to see the ability to set a secondary location flag to any map. That way if there was a certain boss you wanted to concentrate on farming for a while, you could flag it's location, go do some questing or help out others without having to worry about forgetting which of the many locations throughout the spiral your target is at . A smaller arrow of a different color could be placed inside the normal, yellow current quest arrow and it would lead you to your secondary location. You could of course change this location at your discretion and place on your next targeted location.

I think these are both features that could and should be implemented and would be well received by everyone. They are both features similar to what is used in The Elder Scrolls series, like Oblivion and Skyrim, and in my opinion are fantastic in-game tools that would be very useful to the players.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Same here but I have heaps of coins now but helping people in Presidio and flotsam when your in cool ranch is bad

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
Maybe instead of a blue marker it could be a your flag on a pole like in the docks. Just to keep it more piratey.
Ohhh now That I like .

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
cant we just sail to aquila its not that far just go to monquistia then the stormgate to aquila i kow its annoying but just do that or maybe have a freind around lvl 60 thats always in aquila and active so you teleport to him then sail to wherever you need to

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
Brillaent!

Captain
May 13, 2011
like monkey king said: "two steps forward, three stormgates back". have you tried going through monquista? its huge. if you could mark i would use that. would save a lot of time after losing against a boss. at least now the return button that comes when you go home or to skull island helps... a little

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
like monkey king said: "two steps forward, three stormgates back". have you tried going through monquista? its huge. if you could mark i would use that. would save a lot of time after losing against a boss. at least now the return button that comes when you go home or to skull island helps... a little
It's quick fir me but I have a fast ship it takes longer to get to valencia and others