Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Level 71+ Ability ideas!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 01, 2014
Swashbuckler:
Smokey Showdown: User takes cloth sacks out of his coat, and throws them within a 5 tile radius. When the sack lands, a large cloud of dirt/smoke will cover the area in a radius (like musketeer's bomb traps). Enemies who wander into the clouds will lose 35% accuracy and dodge. Allies will become cloaked as long as they stay in the cloud, and have increased critical chance. The clouds last for 5 turns.

(based off smoke bombs, like how ninjas would use them to get away or to go stealth)

Buccaneer:
Thorn Armor: Intercept all damage from allies, -30% incoming damage for 5 turns. Getting hit increases critical strike chance.

(from what i've seen, buccaneer is not only powerful, but also very tanky. This can make him very useful in team situations, or if someone is at low health)

Privateer:
Dragon Parade: All allies within 1 tile of you gain 1.5x damage for 3 turns. All enemies within 2 tiles lose 15% damage

(the main problem with privateer from my experience, is the fact that you only rely on your companions. It's hard to get that sweet damage for yourself)

Witch Doctor:
Calamity's Curse: 1 enemy up to 6 tiles away will take Calamity's Curse. The affected target takes (X) damage over 3 turns, and gives -25% random debuff (damage, resist, accuracy, dodge, etc)

(just thought this one would be cool )

Musketeer:
Reign of the Eagles: All allies that use ranged weapons (musk or witch) have infinite range for 3 turns.

(could be useful, I didn't have any other idea )

Tell me what you think! Feedback? Suggestions?

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
Alex Firepyre on Nov 18, 2017 wrote:
Swashbuckler:
Smokey Showdown: User takes cloth sacks out of his coat, and throws them within a 5 tile radius. When the sack lands, a large cloud of dirt/smoke will cover the area in a radius (like musketeer's bomb traps). Enemies who wander into the clouds will lose 35% accuracy and dodge. Allies will become cloaked as long as they stay in the cloud, and have increased critical chance. The clouds last for 5 turns.

(based off smoke bombs, like how ninjas would use them to get away or to go stealth)

Buccaneer:
Thorn Armor: Intercept all damage from allies, -30% incoming damage for 5 turns. Getting hit increases critical strike chance.

(from what i've seen, buccaneer is not only powerful, but also very tanky. This can make him very useful in team situations, or if someone is at low health)

Privateer:
Dragon Parade: All allies within 1 tile of you gain 1.5x damage for 3 turns. All enemies within 2 tiles lose 15% damage

(the main problem with privateer from my experience, is the fact that you only rely on your companions. It's hard to get that sweet damage for yourself)

Witch Doctor:
Calamity's Curse: 1 enemy up to 6 tiles away will take Calamity's Curse. The affected target takes (X) damage over 3 turns, and gives -25% random debuff (damage, resist, accuracy, dodge, etc)

(just thought this one would be cool )

Musketeer:
Reign of the Eagles: All allies that use ranged weapons (musk or witch) have infinite range for 3 turns.

(could be useful, I didn't have any other idea )

Tell me what you think! Feedback? Suggestions?
I think these are really unique ideas but here's my thoughts on them:

Swashbuckler: I feel this is should be a Musketeer power since Muskets focus more on area control than any other class and the amount of turns it uses + giving hidden would be too overpowering. People that use this power will just camp until the opponent tries to hit them.

Buccaneer: I really like this one since it utilizes Buccaneer's strongest points which is tanking, however I think it should be a 15-20% damage reduction and no critical chance. Again too overpowering.

Privateer: Fully agreed with this concept. I like it.

Witchdoctor: Interesting power but I think it's just a more RNG based Mournsong. The -25% random debuff is a nice thought but, I think it should be based off the Witchdoctor's mojo. (EX. A captain with 400+ Mojo will inflict 200 damage for 3 turns. A captain with 180 mojo will inflict 90 damage per turn)

Musketeer: As a musketeer.... This is too overpowered. I think it should be +2 range and leave it at that. Companions like Nausica and Chantal will destroy people without having to move.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I like the privateer one and it would take my sit in a corner for 40 turns playing the witcher 3 strat to a whole new level id like another heal

Blessed Assurance- A heal you cast that remains on you or a companion and doesnt activate until you fall into red health and will heal you even if you die, now for a realistic example a buck hits you with a hidden super assassin on you with 8 forts and a va on for 50 million damage(which is a lowball btw) and you lose all your health, his turn ends there and in between turns blessed assurance heals you from 0 to whatever health

Ensign
Aug 01, 2014
AllToonedUp on Nov 19, 2017 wrote:
I think these are really unique ideas but here's my thoughts on them:

Swashbuckler: I feel this is should be a Musketeer power since Muskets focus more on area control than any other class and the amount of turns it uses + giving hidden would be too overpowering. People that use this power will just camp until the opponent tries to hit them.

Buccaneer: I really like this one since it utilizes Buccaneer's strongest points which is tanking, however I think it should be a 15-20% damage reduction and no critical chance. Again too overpowering.

Privateer: Fully agreed with this concept. I like it.

Witchdoctor: Interesting power but I think it's just a more RNG based Mournsong. The -25% random debuff is a nice thought but, I think it should be based off the Witchdoctor's mojo. (EX. A captain with 400+ Mojo will inflict 200 damage for 3 turns. A captain with 180 mojo will inflict 90 damage per turn)

Musketeer: As a musketeer.... This is too overpowered. I think it should be +2 range and leave it at that. Companions like Nausica and Chantal will destroy people without having to move.
Thank you for your feedback.

The main point of these ideas were not only to take a bit of ideas from other classes, but keep it the same class style

Traps for swashbuckler, like a musketeer, however if you've ever seen ninja animations or movies or shows, you would see that smoke bombs are very popular in the ninja world. I see swashbuckler like a ninja in some ways.

Buccaneer: Yeah, I guess it's kinda op.

Witch Doctor and Musketeer: Easily understandable, I didn't have any actual idea for them. I only wanted to post swash and buck, but I felt like it would be rude to leave ideas out. Thanks anyways

Ensign
Aug 01, 2014
EDIT: I now have a musketeer idea!

Name: ???: Places an electric ring around a target until the end of the enemies turn. If the enemy tries to escape the ring, they will take x3 weapon damage, and become immobilized for 1 turn.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Privateers need a heal that grants a mini Valor Armor after its used... I mean every time you heal someone got knocked out in pvp, 90% of the time they die the very next turn, I can't think of a name... but yea.