Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Level 48 Swashbuckler using pistol and sword

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I can see why those who made swashbucklers made a vast exodus away from the game. From level 20 to 30 you get nothing, after level 30 you get virtually nothing other than a second first strike.

Lets take a look at my swash's pistol damage... does around 200 per multi hit
Now lets look at my swash's dance of steal... does around 40 per multi hit (I have to toss it out)
Now lets look at my swash's poison attacks... oh wait, lets not do that as they are too low to care

I play with pistol and slashy sword as stabby weapons don't really do any more damage (I've tried them) and are far too boring for me.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I won't even train the level 50 talent of double critical chance over 5 turns as I toss out the over 3 turns card as being useless as I use item cards for most of my attacks, I hit critical enough without it, and the turn it takes to cast the card just isn't worth it.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
seasnake on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
I can see why those who made swashbucklers made a vast exodus away from the game. From level 20 to 30 you get nothing, after level 30 you get virtually nothing other than a second first strike.

Lets take a look at my swash's pistol damage... does around 200 per multi hit
Now lets look at my swash's dance of steal... does around 40 per multi hit (I have to toss it out)
Now lets look at my swash's poison attacks... oh wait, lets not do that as they are too low to care

I play with pistol and slashy sword as stabby weapons don't really do any more damage (I've tried them) and are far too boring for me.
The thing is, my swashbuckler uses the same weapon that has the same damage upon it whether its pistol or sword, both the pistol attacks and the dance of steal attacks are x1 damage, yet I actually do damage with the pistols and virtually no damage at all with the blades.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Well, I have noticed that the damage is spread out over more hits that you get with stabby.

For example, with shooty/stabby, you do 4 hits of about 20+ damage, while with stabby/slashy you get in 6 hits for about 12 damage for the first 5 hits and then about 25 damage for the last hit. (At level 39.)

I think damage regardless which weapon is used is the same, just comes in different forms.

Also, keep in mind, damage bonuses. If you trained in both swashbuckler and musketeer class, you will benefit from BOTH bonuses by using a shooty/stabby weapon. I trained in Privateer class, and benefit from BOTH bonuses if I carry a Slashy/Stabby weapon.

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
interesting, playing swashbuckler now, 2nd pirate,

tis rather boring considering my lvl 50 witchdoctor,

thanks for the tip, pistol/slashy