Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Lack of Name Diversity

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 04, 2017
Ahoy there! I've gotten back into this wonderful game today - and I still very much enjoy it! However, I did notice an irritating part of the character creation segment. The diversity in names and surnames is sorely lacking, which is quite disappointing. I'd like to make a Witchdoctor with Krokotopian origins, but there's only one Arabic name: 'Khadija.' I also notice a lack of East Asian names, and I'm sure there's plenty of people who would like to make a pirate native to MooShu with a fitting name.

Names are an important part of every RPG, and companies like Bethesda understand this perfectly. A name can give a character depth, and RPGs are essentially a game where the player writes their own story. While there are plenty of wonderful names already, the lack of culturally diverse ones is noticeable and somewhat irritating to me.

I'm sure there's bigger flaws in the game, but this is a small (and admittedly petty) one I thought I'd point out. Nevertheless, it takes great talent to keep a game such as this alive and enjoyable - even after your game has been the victim of a recent bird infestation. Keep up the great work, KingsIsle!