Krampus Warning

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1616
We should get a warning when entering the Krampus' dungeon that when we are trapped as Presents, our Doubloons will be wasted if we try to use them during the turn. Better yet -- our doubloons should grey-out so that we don't waste them.


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9069
Willowydream on Dec 26, 2018 wrote:
We should get a warning when entering the Krampus' dungeon that when we are trapped as Presents, our Doubloons will be wasted if we try to use them during the turn. Better yet -- our doubloons should grey-out so that we don't waste them.

The second option seems best.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
116
I used one of my best doubloons the other day- and was sorely disappointed when nothing happened, since I was a present. This is something the definitely needs to be fixed, and I hope to see the change next Yuletide!
Morgan

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1113
On the other hand, when you're a present is a great time to use some of the more useless doubloons and get them out of our hands.

There's a silver lining to everything.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
950
If you use a Power or Talent, that Power or Talent does not have any effect but it does disappear from your hand. I like the Grey out option!

the only way I've been able to detect when I can use Doubloons or Powers or Talents is to check the character icon in the lower left of the screen. The characters are grayed out and there is an X or dagger above the icon.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1616
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Dec 31, 2018 wrote:
On the other hand, when you're a present is a great time to use some of the more useless doubloons and get them out of our hands.

There's a silver lining to everything.
Yes, I had that thought as well. I just wish it hadn't taken my Pentacle of Tentacles for me to realize exactly what I had lost.


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9069
Willowydream on Jan 2, 2019 wrote:
Yes, I had that thought as well. I just wish it hadn't taken my Pentacle of Tentacles for me to realize exactly what I had lost.

Gasp so sorry that happened to you, what an expensive lesson!

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
247
I saw that my icon had a red x near it, and I assumed it meant that anything I do will be nullified for the time I'm a present (similar to medusa petrifying you in that fight, but usually that never happens because she usually dies before she can use it lol), I as well did some testing, attempted to cast heat metal (wasn't going to waste a mojo storm) and it did nothing. Yeah, having doubloons being greyed out will be helpful to those not so observant, or not knowing, would be nice.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1113
Willowydream on Jan 2, 2019 wrote:
Yes, I had that thought as well. I just wish it hadn't taken my Pentacle of Tentacles for me to realize exactly what I had lost.

Ouch!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 12, 2015
255
Willowydream on Dec 26, 2018 wrote:
We should get a warning when entering the Krampus' dungeon that when we are trapped as Presents, our Doubloons will be wasted if we try to use them during the turn. Better yet -- our doubloons should grey-out so that we don't waste them.

Greying out! Yes please!