Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Jim Masterson

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Is it just me, or is the privateer you pick up in Ft. McMurtry, Jim Masterson, really good.....

.....at dying?

I mean, I pick him up when he's level 40, a full level above all my other companions. But when I take him into combat, he dies, and often the party gets killed by being overwhelmed, just because he dies?

He has NO special attacks, no heals, no pep talks, NOTHING. He just...dies.

I finally got fed up with him, and benched him, and the very next battle was a piece of cake.

What is wrong with the guy?

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Max DeGroot on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
Is it just me, or is the privateer you pick up in Ft. McMurtry, Jim Masterson, really good.....

.....at dying?

I mean, I pick him up when he's level 40, a full level above all my other companions. But when I take him into combat, he dies, and often the party gets killed by being overwhelmed, just because he dies?

He has NO special attacks, no heals, no pep talks, NOTHING. He just...dies.

I finally got fed up with him, and benched him, and the very next battle was a piece of cake.

What is wrong with the guy?
I will be honest, I have this same feeling towards all of my Privateer companions. If only they all had some variance of healing/buffs, I would include them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
It might just be how you trained him. Plus there is our famous mantra: "Protect your squishies"
The fact that he has the possibility for learning witch hunter will really help you out with the satyrs in Aquila so don't scrap him as useless just yet. Just get him strong and shielded and have him handy for when ever you need to battle witchdoctors.

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
I am lvl 30 and killed a lvl 40 Jim Masterson in pvp XD Ruthless Blaze Roberts lvl 30 musketeer