Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

It seems like musketeers are overpowered.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 27, 2012
They can put traps, barricades, they have multiple sets of bombs, they can use team epics, they can buff their agility, they have tons of epics, and most of their attacks are very overpowered.

What more is there that they could have?

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Brian Bowman on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:
They can put traps, barricades, they have multiple sets of bombs, they can use team epics, they can buff their agility, they have tons of epics, and most of their attacks are very overpowered.

What more is there that they could have?
all classes are for the most part balanced.

If you have problems with bucks then its just you not the class.

Witchdoctors have loads of aoes and they can use epics and have tons of multi stat buffs and my witchdoctor can even buff will in itself.

They have debuff skills they can lower crits and damage and they have loads of minions.

They can arc lighting for high amounts (23 arcs for me so far at 350 each hit) and they have DoA skills.

They can also damage and heal themselves all in one skill (well several skills)

We can even make extra epics appear out of thin air,we can also make enemies fight for us

We even have skills that can't be defended by anything but will

Does this mean WDs are also overpowered?

I am sure other classes can point out their power and show just how balanced classes really are.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Are you saying we're like the ice school? No, Musketeers aren't overpowered! I'm one and I like classes to be even! If you want to mess with me, help me lvl up to max and see then how it's not easy for us! I hope Black Rose comes also cause she's a Musketeer also!

Captain
May 13, 2011
dont forget it takes a lot of skill too. try improving your setup or strategy instead of complaining

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Be careful on how you use the term "overpowered." KingsIsle tried to make each class balanced and I say that they did a pretty good job on it. Each class has an advantage and each has their disadvantage. Think of it like an exchange of one thing for the other.

It's not necessarily that musketeers are "overpowered" just with those powers. It depends on HOW they use the powers. I usually say that the power of a class depends on the player and their strategy. If you're just LOOKING at the powers, then you're not seeing the full picture. You need to see how the powers are played out and such by musketeers against other players or enemies. If you are talking about PvP against musketeers, then you could switch up your strategy for battling them. (Don't ask me for any tips, I cannot do PvP at all. )

There have been several threads on the overpowered-ness of classes. I believe I saw a reply to one of those threads basically saying that if the person thinks that all the classes are overpowered, that means the classes are balanced. Maybe some classes are just weaker against other certain classes.

~Quick Pearl

Ensign
Apr 20, 2013
You could simply move away from their firing range or in a bend so you are in front of something blocking direct aim of sight. Then they'll have to move into another position to get to fire again, missing an attack chance, and in that time you can get a melee or ranged troop to move in.

As for their traps and barricades, yes, I do admit they are a little bit tricky especially if you go second in a PvP match.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
I have think this is something they lack in my opinion that would be Damage.

Ensign
Feb 02, 2010
I kinda agree that there a bit overpowered..

They have like 15 epics and some even do up too 600 damage AND its a aoe and that is way op not to mention they have like 3 of those that do 600 dmg.

They are almost the most damage school imo i think they should drop some damage down..like the 600's to about 300-400 is atleast reasonable

Ensign
Aug 10, 2011
I think every class is over powered in their own way, which makes none of them over powered

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
TheColorOrange123 on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
I think every class is over powered in their own way, which makes none of them over powered
Couldn't have said that better myself.

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Hmmm... mine is level 35, and I don't have the impression he is overpowered. I have played a witchdoctor, a swashbuckler, and a buccaneer to levels 50+, and have a privateer also at 35, tied with the musketeer. My musketeer has never struck me as being overpowered compared to the others.

-Indigo

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
What I hate the most is that they get all the special spell-giving items. I checked Pirate101 Central for something giving a card and a majority of my results said Musketeer-only.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
Mark Laveer on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
What I hate the most is that they get all the special spell-giving items. I checked Pirate101 Central for something giving a card and a majority of my results said Musketeer-only.
You realize that you probably aren't searching correctly, right? Every class gets tons of gear with items, just because you don't know how to find what you want doesn't mean a class is overpowered. The Central wiki doesn't have every item in the game, actual people take time out of their day to add the thousands of items, whether it be housing, clothing, pets, or companions to the wiki.

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
Mark Laveer on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
that is a lie either you were not looking right or that place has false info which i know it does. It is a well known FACT that privateers get the most drops and items that give cards.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Again no class is overpowered.

i can hit just as high on my WD as a musketeer(i posted screenshots on central).Its all in the way you play how well you build your char and if you was willing to farm for the better gear simple as that.

Lucas is correct every class has tons of power card gears that can be farmed just most people want things now and not have to work for it.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
No Class is overpowered in this game, you might think this because of the strategy or the way that your fighting (if this is PvP).

Swashbucklers can turn invisible, strike at multiple enemies at once, dodge a lot, etc.

Buccaneers can wear the heaviest armor, have the biggest weapons, etc.

privateers can boost him or her self's stats and their teams as well, heal, etc.

I'd go on but I think you see the point here (sorry If I missed out important stuff in those 3 classes, am only a swashbuckler at the moment). All classes are balanced, if they aren't, what's the point in having all the other classes?