Ideas for powers

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
365
Basically in this thread people are going to be posting ideas for powers. It should look something like this:

Class:Musketeer
Name:Watchtower
What it Does:Extends the range of the pirate x2. Puts player in a fort with 500 life.Only works with ranged weapons.
Animation:A stone fort comes out of the ground with pirate on the top.

All ideas are welcome.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
365
Hello Everybody. I think that there should be a other pirates roaming about skull island Think about it. Your walking up the hill in skull island and then you see a band of cutthroats or wharf rats. Also I have a couple of class power ideas:

: Watchtower: Using this power doubles the range of the pirate. Either running or shooting range. I think it should look like a tall and skinny fort with your pirate at the top. The fort would have 500 life until it breaks.

: Bull charge: With this power the pirate would be able too run through enemies without triggering epics like overwatch or repel boarders. Also fire or traps would't hurt the pirate. It would just look like a bull over the pirates head.

: Last Stand: It gives everyone spirit shield but it would only last three hits. Looks like spirit shield but for everybody.

: Wall of Hoodo: It would be a wall of black smoke all across the board or between two obstacles. When companions or pirate run into they lose life. Lasts 5 rounds.

: Smoke Bomb: When the pirate uses this it would temporarily blind enemy players. It would look like the pirate throwing little bombs and they start giving off smoke.

I would also like there too be a new pub with sparring dummies so you can test out a weapon or a new spell without getting into a real fight.

Hope you like my ideas. I would also like to have feedback on them.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
68
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
Hello Everybody. I think that there should be a other pirates roaming about skull island Think about it. Your walking up the hill in skull island and then you see a band of cutthroats or wharf rats. Also I have a couple of class power ideas:

: Watchtower: Using this power doubles the range of the pirate. Either running or shooting range. I think it should look like a tall and skinny fort with your pirate at the top. The fort would have 500 life until it breaks.

: Bull charge: With this power the pirate would be able too run through enemies without triggering epics like overwatch or repel boarders. Also fire or traps would't hurt the pirate. It would just look like a bull over the pirates head.

: Last Stand: It gives everyone spirit shield but it would only last three hits. Looks like spirit shield but for everybody.

: Wall of Hoodo: It would be a wall of black smoke all across the board or between two obstacles. When companions or pirate run into they lose life. Lasts 5 rounds.

: Smoke Bomb: When the pirate uses this it would temporarily blind enemy players. It would look like the pirate throwing little bombs and they start giving off smoke.

I would also like there too be a new pub with sparring dummies so you can test out a weapon or a new spell without getting into a real fight.

Hope you like my ideas. I would also like to have feedback on them.
= eh maybe
= Is it a attack or just what?
= OP
= I don't like it to be honest
= How would that work
Just my honest opinion

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2674
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
Hello Everybody. I think that there should be a other pirates roaming about skull island Think about it. Your walking up the hill in skull island and then you see a band of cutthroats or wharf rats. Also I have a couple of class power ideas:

: Watchtower: Using this power doubles the range of the pirate. Either running or shooting range. I think it should look like a tall and skinny fort with your pirate at the top. The fort would have 500 life until it breaks.

: Bull charge: With this power the pirate would be able too run through enemies without triggering epics like overwatch or repel boarders. Also fire or traps would't hurt the pirate. It would just look like a bull over the pirates head.

: Last Stand: It gives everyone spirit shield but it would only last three hits. Looks like spirit shield but for everybody.

: Wall of Hoodo: It would be a wall of black smoke all across the board or between two obstacles. When companions or pirate run into they lose life. Lasts 5 rounds.

: Smoke Bomb: When the pirate uses this it would temporarily blind enemy players. It would look like the pirate throwing little bombs and they start giving off smoke.

I would also like there too be a new pub with sparring dummies so you can test out a weapon or a new spell without getting into a real fight.

Hope you like my ideas. I would also like to have feedback on them.
Hey Duke of Westminster- absolutely love these ideas on new powers

Great job in describing the powers- I can vividly see them all being applied on the battle board and they all fit their respective classes perfectly. I'll get to brainstorming and see what I can come up with. Just wanted to peak in say good job and hello first. Fantastic ideas for powers.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
365
David percy on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
= eh maybe
= Is it a attack or just what?
= OP
= I don't like it to be honest
= How would that work
Just my honest opinion
Yes the buccaneer power would be an attack. I know it's kinda already invented with swash's invisibilty spell. (Don't know what they are called.) I couldn't think of any other buccaneer type spells. Second, would the privateer spell be OP if it was two hits or maybe 500 damage? Third, on swash note. It would basically immobilize a pirate for, I don't know, 2 rds? It gives the pirate a chance to slip past an enemy or strike then run away. Oh yeah, the bombs would be in a 4x4 square.

P.S. Sorry about the first and last part of the post. It was originally a reply for Avery's 'do you have an idea' thread.
Thank You for your opinion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
Hello Everybody. I think that there should be a other pirates roaming about skull island Think about it. Your walking up the hill in skull island and then you see a band of cutthroats or wharf rats. Also I have a couple of class power ideas:

: Watchtower: Using this power doubles the range of the pirate. Either running or shooting range. I think it should look like a tall and skinny fort with your pirate at the top. The fort would have 500 life until it breaks.

: Bull charge: With this power the pirate would be able too run through enemies without triggering epics like overwatch or repel boarders. Also fire or traps would't hurt the pirate. It would just look like a bull over the pirates head.

: Last Stand: It gives everyone spirit shield but it would only last three hits. Looks like spirit shield but for everybody.

: Wall of Hoodo: It would be a wall of black smoke all across the board or between two obstacles. When companions or pirate run into they lose life. Lasts 5 rounds.

: Smoke Bomb: When the pirate uses this it would temporarily blind enemy players. It would look like the pirate throwing little bombs and they start giving off smoke.

I would also like there too be a new pub with sparring dummies so you can test out a weapon or a new spell without getting into a real fight.

Hope you like my ideas. I would also like to have feedback on them.
I like all your ideas. They are quite inventive and well thought out. They sound like a lot of fun

Petty Officer
Jun 17, 2013
68
Maybe watch tower would be protective.It would have up to 4 tours,each holding one person and up to 4 in one fort.Troop brigades will spawn around the fort,each with 10 troops that would have 370 health each.The first nine could shoot up to 5 squares away and the tenth could only attack near him.Each brigade fires after enemy and you.The fort would vary from level.
Level 20=fort=wood-brigade-troops
Level 25=fort-metal-brigade-high troops
Level 33=fort-stone-brigade-cannons
Level 40=fort-skyway-brigade-ships
Level 47=fort-battleground-brigade-clockwork army
Level 53=fort-skyway-brigade-clockwork ships
Level 57=fort-none-brigade-aquilan troops
Level 59=fort-skyway-brigade-aquilan ships
Level 62=fort-stone,battleground,and skyway-brigade-all mentioned(note- Now troops have 1900 health and there are 20)

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
365
Musketeerman123 on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
Maybe watch tower would be protective.It would have up to 4 tours,each holding one person and up to 4 in one fort.Troop brigades will spawn around the fort,each with 10 troops that would have 370 health each.The first nine could shoot up to 5 squares away and the tenth could only attack near him.Each brigade fires after enemy and you.The fort would vary from level.
Level 20=fort=wood-brigade-troops
Level 25=fort-metal-brigade-high troops
Level 33=fort-stone-brigade-cannons
Level 40=fort-skyway-brigade-ships
Level 47=fort-battleground-brigade-clockwork army
Level 53=fort-skyway-brigade-clockwork ships
Level 57=fort-none-brigade-aquilan troops
Level 59=fort-skyway-brigade-aquilan ships
Level 62=fort-stone,battleground,and skyway-brigade-all mentioned(note- Now troops have 1900 health and there are 20)
This sounds way too OP. 20 troops with 1900 health? I don't think the fort should be protected. Besides summoning minions is a witch thing.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
222
I think that there should be more work done during the fight. Maybe make a power for all classes, which requires you to press something.

Potential Charge-up= You need to press a button fast to get better damage. There would be a divided bar when its your turn and the faster you press, the more times your average damage would be multiplied. You also have five seconds to do it.

*Brain cramp* This is all