Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ideas for a few companion orders

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Salvagin'
Collects ship equipment every 12 hours

Pillagin'
Collects housing items every 12 hours

Smugglin'
Collects 5 scrip, takes regular task time - like 6 hours base for lvl 65

Tradin'
Collects a doubloon, takes regular task time

On Deck
Speeds up ship power cooldowns by 5%. Only one companion can be on this task at a time, and it doesn't end unless you belay the order.

Hagglin'
Decreases buy prices and increases sell prices by 5% until you belay the order. Like On Deck, it can only be used by one companion at a time.

So are these OP or something?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Sep 15, 2015 wrote:
Salvagin'
Collects ship equipment every 12 hours

Pillagin'
Collects housing items every 12 hours

Smugglin'
Collects 5 scrip, takes regular task time - like 6 hours base for lvl 65

Tradin'
Collects a doubloon, takes regular task time

On Deck
Speeds up ship power cooldowns by 5%. Only one companion can be on this task at a time, and it doesn't end unless you belay the order.

Hagglin'
Decreases buy prices and increases sell prices by 5% until you belay the order. Like On Deck, it can only be used by one companion at a time.

So are these OP or something?
I like them all! Good names, too. Unfortunately Smugglin' was suggested as a companion order when scrip first came out ( I forget which post ) and Ratbeard shot it down.
Maybe when crafting comes to P101 we can add a task like Grocery Shoppin' or just call it Shoppin'?

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
anecorbie on Sep 15, 2015 wrote:
I like them all! Good names, too. Unfortunately Smugglin' was suggested as a companion order when scrip first came out ( I forget which post ) and Ratbeard shot it down.
Maybe when crafting comes to P101 we can add a task like Grocery Shoppin' or just call it Shoppin'?
XD grocery shoppin'

Right... um, I do remember that Smugglin' idea, but I was thinking maybe only 5 at a time was O.K.? You can easily get like 100 per day for free if you visit someone's Smuggler's Cove, so 5 isn't that generous.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Sep 15, 2015 wrote:
XD grocery shoppin'

Right... um, I do remember that Smugglin' idea, but I was thinking maybe only 5 at a time was O.K.? You can easily get like 100 per day for free if you visit someone's Smuggler's Cove, so 5 isn't that generous.
Ok, but do the math: if you place a cap on Smugglin' like the cap on Keel Haulin' ( no more than 10 companions allowed on this task ) and make it more like the 12 hours+ for Scavengin', then you could easily get 50 scrip daily.
This mounts up quickly if you just keep them Smugglin'.
The issue is that scrip is supposed to be rare and received under daring deeds. It's no mistake that the best amounts come from the Arena, Pirate's Regatta & Ranked PVP. It requires that you to earn it.
Who's well is giving out daily amounts of 100 scrip? I'm lucky if my well gives a weekly amount of more than 50.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
anecorbie on Sep 16, 2015 wrote:
Ok, but do the math: if you place a cap on Smugglin' like the cap on Keel Haulin' ( no more than 10 companions allowed on this task ) and make it more like the 12 hours+ for Scavengin', then you could easily get 50 scrip daily.
This mounts up quickly if you just keep them Smugglin'.
The issue is that scrip is supposed to be rare and received under daring deeds. It's no mistake that the best amounts come from the Arena, Pirate's Regatta & Ranked PVP. It requires that you to earn it.
Who's well is giving out daily amounts of 100 scrip? I'm lucky if my well gives a weekly amount of more than 50.
...um... how about

1 scrip every decade and only one companion can do it at once?