Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Idea for throwback Thursday companions

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Hi. You know how you always try to get one of the companions from the tribal pack but you use all your crowns trying to get it and you don't get one or you spend like $80 dollars and only get one or two. well what if kings isle puts them on one throwback Thursday like you did in wizard101 with the bundle houses. I know that's not the same thing but you could buy them for one day in the crown shop and I'm sure everyone on the game would love that throwback Thursday sale and they would buy a lot of them. I know I would. if anyone in kings isle could please answer this and tell me what you think I'm sure everyone on the game would love this and you would sell a lot of crowns if that happened and you would make a lot of pirate101 players really happy. so what do you guys think? please let me know and thank you

Admiral
May 30, 2010
silver swordcoral on Aug 31, 2014 wrote:
Hi. You know how you always try to get one of the companions from the tribal pack but you use all your crowns trying to get it and you don't get one or you spend like $80 dollars and only get one or two. well what if kings isle puts them on one throwback Thursday like you did in wizard101 with the bundle houses. I know that's not the same thing but you could buy them for one day in the crown shop and I'm sure everyone on the game would love that throwback Thursday sale and they would buy a lot of them. I know I would. if anyone in kings isle could please answer this and tell me what you think I'm sure everyone on the game would love this and you would sell a lot of crowns if that happened and you would make a lot of pirate101 players really happy. so what do you guys think? please let me know and thank you
The idea of throwback Thursday is to bring back something that is no longer available for a single day. Yeah, it's frustrating as bejeebers to try to get those tribal crew pack companions (I've only ever managed to find one), but they are still available to the patient and crowns-rich.

To be able to buy them easily would make me briefly happier, but the thrill of getting one from a pack is a special treat. I'd like them all, but I hardly need them. I think it's better that it stays as it is unless and until KI retires the tribal pack. A fair while after that happens, then I'd be all for making them available on a Thursday. Until then, let's just let them stay the holy grail of the only gear/crew/item pack available in the crown shop.

Now, if KI would like to start introducing more packs that weren't just furniture, pet snacks or pet gear, I'd be one happy little pirate.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
silver swordcoral on Aug 31, 2014 wrote:
. . .. . . You'd better believe we'd be happy, nay, THRILLED about this happening. I can't even begin to tell you how many crowns I've wasted buying that pack trying to get those aztecasaur companions. The only time when I finally did get one, and it was only one, was when I was in the test realm; and I'll never be able to keep it either . PLEASE KI, PLEASE Please give P101 Throwback Thursday sales, especially with those aztecasaur companions. Even if we have to wait a whole week for an opportunity that only lasts a day, it is SOOOOOOOOOO much better than having to spend thousands upon thousands of crowns on that one pack hoping to get lucky; and then not being lucky time and time again.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Would that really be fair to all those who did spend a lot of crowns to get them already?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Like Dante stated, I don't really see that it would be all that fair to those that spent a nice size chunk of change on acquiring the Aztecosaur companions already. As someone who has all 5 Tribal companions and thus has invested a good bit of real-world and in-game time and money in obtaining them-- I'll be honest, I would be slightly miffed if someone could just purchase the entire Tribal crew with $20-30 when many others, including myself have spent way beyond that-- and many only have 1 or 2 dinos to show for it.

I know that it is an option and our choice to risk gambling with the packs, but it is with the understanding that the packs were and are the only way to acquire them. To have so many players invest a lot of money into something and then just offer the same things up in the shop, for extremely reduced prices, may leave a few crabby pirates, well......a bit steamed!

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be great for others to have access to them, but they already do-- in the exact same manner that those whom have spent a lot of money on them have access to them. For many players that worked to have money to spend on those packs in hopes of hitting Dino gold, they did so with the impression that it may very well be the only way, and only chance, to acquire them. I would certainly enjoy knowing other pirates and friends could get them from the shop, but I would equally want to remain respectful to those that got them "the hard way".

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Aztecosaurs in the crown shop will be a great ideia. I nearly got one lucky pack, and about to click it for purchase. But something came up in real life to take a short break.Then clicked it and received a bunch of random house hold items and no dino companion. Even for 10 seconds luck do change from good to bad, when obtaining a dino companion from a pack.I have not opened one since St.Patrick's day of this year,my luck as a pirate101 player is not that great.

Yes a throw back Thursday would be a great idea for the Tribal pack companions.But it's a long shot unfortunately.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
A throw back should be something that's no longer available like the Christmas mounts ( Falala Llama & Noelephant ) and the Mighty Steed.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Hi I'm sorry but I don't see why that sounds unfair I mean think about it you spend a lot of money on crowns so it would save you some money and crowns plus I you spend hours trying to get one and you get some stuff you don't even want and think about some of the other players they don't always want to wait for them and I know Throwback Thursday is for bring back things that they don't have in the crown shop any more but last week in wizard101 they had a sale were they had houses from bundles in the shop I know that's not the same thing but it's not from the past as far as I know but still some want to get them and think about it things like this happen in real life like if you get a I pad and it's on sale later it may seem unfair but it makes it better for everyone so could one eyed jack Bonnie rat beard blind mew or someone please look at this and tell us what you think thank you and have a good day everyone

Admiral
May 30, 2010
silver swordcoral on Sep 1, 2014 wrote:
Hi I'm sorry but I don't see why that sounds unfair I mean think about it you spend a lot of money on crowns so it would save you some money and crowns plus I you spend hours trying to get one and you get some stuff you don't even want and think about some of the other players they don't always want to wait for them and I know Throwback Thursday is for bring back things that they don't have in the crown shop any more but last week in wizard101 they had a sale were they had houses from bundles in the shop I know that's not the same thing but it's not from the past as far as I know but still some want to get them and think about it things like this happen in real life like if you get a I pad and it's on sale later it may seem unfair but it makes it better for everyone so could one eyed jack Bonnie rat beard blind mew or someone please look at this and tell us what you think thank you and have a good day everyone
If he's already spent the money, how is it saving him any? Same with time. Sure, it'd save OTHER pirates time and money, but it's still unfair to the ones who went at it the harder and much more expensive way. I'm not wanting to burst your bubble, but honestly, we shouldn't be able to just buy whatever we want because we really want it. The rewards for hard work and sacrifice should not be mitigated because I'm rich and lazy.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Maybe somehow, KI could either offer other Aztecosaur companions in the Crown Shop that all pirates have access to or at a minimum, offer the pack ones in the shop but have the ones that were gotten from Tribal Packs receive extra promotions, powers and/or talents, weapons and maybe look distinctively different from any of the same ones that would be added to the shop. Don't know if that could be done, but If the "Lucky Pack" companions were upgraded in every way and were completely unique- over the Crown Shop ones, it wouldn't seem as big of a deal to have 'lesser' ones available to everyone, and not as big a deal to have spent a bunch more money on them.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Hi. Ok I can see why to those of you who got them already might think this is unfair but think about the other players some of then can't afford spending all those crowns like my friend can't because they only get so many and if this sale happens then they can get them easier I'm not trying to make it unfair but I just want those pirates who can't afford them as much beside if they are on sale then you can get the one you wanted in the first place and there is another Idea my friend told me about what if kings isle had a bear week for the new companions so if any one kings isle could please answer this page please let me know what you think thank you and have a good day