Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Idea For Public Smuggler's Arena

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I got to thinking about how there is both public and private PVP in p101 but no public Smuggler's Arena. I feel like it wouldn't be complicated to add a pubic Smuggler's Arena and I have an idea on where they could put it. I notice to the left of Chief Gunner Rigby in Skull Island(in case you don't know where he is, he is to the right of Captain Avery's Office and Mickey Dugan) there is a trap door that I don't think goes anywhere. This door looks a lot like the trap door that goes to the smugglers arena. What if they made this trap door which I think is unused go to a public Smuggler's Arena.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 28, 2017 wrote:
I got to thinking about how there is both public and private PVP in p101 but no public Smuggler's Arena. I feel like it wouldn't be complicated to add a pubic Smuggler's Arena and I have an idea on where they could put it. I notice to the left of Chief Gunner Rigby in Skull Island(in case you don't know where he is, he is to the right of Captain Avery's Office and Mickey Dugan) there is a trap door that I don't think goes anywhere. This door looks a lot like the trap door that goes to the smugglers arena. What if they made this trap door which I think is unused go to a public Smuggler's Arena.
If you consider that KI gets some of their revenue from player's buying Crown Shop items, then I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this:
Nope, because buying crown shop items helps KI maintain this game.
Just because a trap door or cave isn't currently used doesn't mean it won't be used in the future.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I never said they would actually listen to this idea. It's just when I think of a good idea I usually try to post it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If you want scrip but can't/don't want to spend crowns for a Smuggler's Arena, then the best way to get that scrip is to HUNT SHIPS.
The higher level worlds have Boss Ships and Turrets which drop a fair amount.
Port Regal Skyway - there's a boss ship near the MooShu Stormgate; the clockwork and Marleybone ships there drop scrip, too.
Tumbleweed Skyway - there is a Turret near the Blackstorm Bison ships.
MooShu; in Khotan skyway there is a boss ship near Rokugawa, behind Kaizuko Jima is a Turret.
In Subata Skyway there is a boss ship called the Samarkand, find it across from the Shadow Fortress.
Marleybone - behind Beachhead is a turret; it spawns periodically, you may have to wait.
Beyond Trafalgar Vortex is a boss ship - The Hart of Gold, Captain Brocks. He spawns quickly and drops a good amount of scrip.
Aquila - look for Captain Pluton's ship near Talos and Captain Spartacos' ship is near the cliffs beyond Leastrygon.
Sure, it takes awhile but this is really the best way; I got the major portion of my scrip this way.
Or, if you're a member do Ranked PVP, even if you lose you get scrip; at the end of the season, you get bonus scrip based on your rank.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Hey! How's it going?

I get where you going with this, and I have to half agree with Anecorbie here, in that the smuggler's arena should remain the way it is. People offering up their arenas as random pop up events is fine for now.

However, I can definitely see KI using that spot as part of a future D&D gauntlet in a couple of months for say, level 40+ pirates as a means to wet our beaks a little (and get us off their backs) while they focus on bigger updates like new worlds, new pirate levels and and other cool things (sailing from our homes).

Keep the ideas flowing though, the devs do listen to us!