Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I miss El Toro's old look :(

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
El toro looked much better before the companion promotion. He looks fairly plain, annoyingly proud and too cheesy with that smile after his companion promo.

I honestly think he looked better as his old self, and I loved it.

Now I know some pirates like their style of the new toro, but others don't. I am suggesting pirate101 should make a feature where there is a panel or something where we can alternate between companion looks. That way I can see how Bonnie looked like when she was a young fox, and smile at old memories and such.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
The only thing that changed after his promotion were his clothes designs, not anything else (i.g. smile, whip, head shape)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
El toro looked much better before the companion promotion. He looks fairly plain, annoyingly proud and too cheesy with that smile after his companion promo.

Now I know some pirates like their style of the new toro, but others don't. I am suggesting pirate101 should make a feature where there is a panel or something where we can alternate between companion looks. That way I can see how Bonnie looked like when she was a young fox, and smile at old memories and such.
Lol but cheesy is Toro's middle name .

Ensign
Jun 18, 2009
I liked his original look a lot better also. He looks like a circus performer now, instead of the night avenger of wrongs. Just saying.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Interesting and great idea there Golden Guardian!

Along the lines of what you are saying, I think it would be great if a feature was implemented where at the time of a companion's promotion you would have the option to choose between a few (maybe 3 -5) new appearances for that companion or keep the old look. Maybe you could preview the different looks before 'clicking yar' to finish the promotion. It could only be for choosing the looks of the promoted gear or outfits, not changing upgraded weapons. Maybe if you later decided you wanted a different look you could pay some type of fee to make the switch. I guess this may add too much extra data to the game with all the different options but I think it would be very well received and would add a nice little personalized touch to the game.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012

I agree with you 100%. The circles around his eyes look creepy, and the gold is too much. PLEASE fix this. I would love it.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Pirates in the Sky on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
The only thing that changed after his promotion were his clothes designs, not anything else (i.g. smile, whip, head shape)
Yes I know. What I meant was (this is my opinion, you may have a different one) his smile does not suit him after the new update

I really wish KI would take this into consideration. The option to have an ability to switch a companions look to an older form would be much appreciated.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Golden Guardian on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
Yes I know. What I meant was (this is my opinion, you may have a different one) his smile does not suit him after the new update

I really wish KI would take this into consideration. The option to have an ability to switch a companions look to an older form would be much appreciated.
I would love that.

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
Hi

El toro looks fine with me, only his smile can a little bit smaller , he is supposed to be more serious after his promo, don't misunderstand me, i like his smile but it can a little bit smaller

Blaze

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
the wanderer on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
I liked his original look a lot better also. He looks like a circus performer now, instead of the night avenger of wrongs. Just saying.
You have a point there...

El Toro: Let's go back home, I need to change into more flexible gear!
Cheryl: OMG, I can't wait!

(after he changed, he went to the tavern to show off)
El Toro: So? How do I look everyone?
Everyone: ........
Bonnie Anne: Um... do you need THAT much glitter?
Ratbeard: He looks like a ringmaster...
Cheryl: Um, not to be mean, but I kind of liked your older outfit better...
El Toro: (disappointed) Oh... I thought you would like it...

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
You have a point there...

El Toro: Let's go back home, I need to change into more flexible gear!
Cheryl: OMG, I can't wait!

(after he changed, he went to the tavern to show off)
El Toro: So? How do I look everyone?
Everyone: ........
Bonnie Anne: Um... do you need THAT much glitter?
Ratbeard: He looks like a ringmaster...
Cheryl: Um, not to be mean, but I kind of liked your older outfit better...
El Toro: (disappointed) Oh... I thought you would like it...
I agree with what you said.

How The New look makes El Toro feel like:
A bull who got too rich. He is a glittering mess of gold. Everytime he saves Santa Pollo, he expects payment, of a thousand gold per banditoad. With all his money he turned into a pirate warlord full of bling (and ugly bling that is), investing in the show off wardrobe. That's how his new outfit is like. Perhaps for those who have him still dressed in black after the promo, it may look nice... But I hate the color combo he has for me (white and orange).

The old outfit:
He is a graceful phantom, black as the night,
yet with a heart pure as white.
Hero of the west,
With bravery of the best,
Evil fears the black shadow,
Legend is this one, a real hero
Legend is this one, El Toro

Me: Woah Toro, what happened to you?

Toro: The bling bling style is not meant for me. I am a simple soul, my captain... just an ordinary bull... A small part in a great adventures. But I hate evil, and I will do my best to save the spiral from it! What I used to wear was not me captain, but now I have returned.

Toro: x unveils black cape and mask, whip and sword. The thunder trembles and the bright sunlight sorrounds him. The legend is back x

Everyone: Hurray for Toro! Dance festival at Dino's house!

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
If his looks matter that much to you, just don't promote him on the rest of your characters. He will still be pretty good with Call to Arms and 3 other epic talents.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Man, I can't wait to see how they dress Toro up with his next promotion if it comes up next update. Perhaps they might return that sneaky, shadowy wear for him. I hope so cause his original outfit seemed a little plain and his outfit now seems too complex for a sneaky hero like him.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
This needs its own petition. I have hated El Toro's second design since day one, and would love the option to choose the companion tier looks without changing the stats (a wardrobe option of sorts). El toro isn't the only one. I honestly liked the second tier outfit of the cutthroat pirate companion better than the last, and its the same case with Tyson. and i loved all of Iago's outfits so much that i would love to just use all of them whenever i want. and I would like to occasionally look at ratbeard's old, tattered first design. it feels to fit him best in my opinion. And the same case is a little evident with Kobe Yojimbo's second design... I'll stop ranting now. bottom line is, this should (cough cough needs cough cough) to be added.