Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How Is A Witchdoctor Supposed To Win This?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
So, the Magnificent Seven and I have pretty much run the Wild Bunch out of Cool Ranch, except I have to go after Broncho, and at one point in the dungeon, it's me, alone, against three spiders.

I have done this fight four times. I don't even come close to winning. They can all move and shoot. I can't, so if I move, they just come after me and hit again. Every heal I do gets undone in the next round.

I have no more side quests, so I can't increase my experience level.

How is a witchdoctor supposed to win this?

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
I just did that yesterday with my witchdoctor and while it was tough I made it through. try changing your powers around idk hit him with the curse ones you know mourn song and such. the don't forget your self heals which also damage them too. I did change from a wand to a gun I had some lower level gear with good gun shots on it.
If you don't make it I can help I'm usually on in the mornings about 9 to 11 EST or later in the evenings about 10. If you would like a hand post a time and a place to meet and I'll be glad to help. I'm Jeffery a witchdoctor too.

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this...I've had more than one 'sticking point' while playing (heck of a time getting my musketeer through the survival gauntlet at the end of that Huck Finn quest line).

It's not really that useful to you, but I can confirm that I was able to get my witch doctor through the point you're stuck on...unfortunately, it was some time ago, so I can't really tell you how I did it. Still...it IS do-able. You do need a bit of luck, obviously. Also, make sure you have good gear. Lastly, you'll need crowns for this tip, but you can buy potions (and now henchmen) in the Crown Shop. Good luck...if I can do it, so can you!

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
I remember running to a corner so that only three at a time could attack me at once. This also forces them to cluster as they attempt to get a piece of you, so that your Area of Effect attacks can do more damage to the enemy. I also made use of the powder barrels to do additional AoE damage to adjacent spiders. Summoning minions can distract them and draw the spiders near a barrel. Good luck, and have fun.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Similar to what jeffreyskullpants said: consider changing your outfit and other equipment to increase your Armor, Resistance, and Health. When I did it, I had to do a combination of the above along with an adjustment of which Powers were up front so they came first. The normal power arrangement doesn't seem to work well since I don't have other companions to heal or take hits for me. I have found that I usually don't have time for more than 1 heal (and, as you noted, the result is quickly gone) so I can remove the second and third heal (along with another Powers I won't use by right clicking on the icon) to make more room for Powers that are necessary (ie attack powers).

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Another possibility is to hire a henchman if they are allowed. I would want to hire a Privateer for both the healing and attack powers.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Great stuff guys, thanks. These are the kind of threads I love. Now when someone does a search, the tips to help them out will be right here from those that have successfully done it. Well done.

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
Max DeGroot on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
So, the Magnificent Seven and I have pretty much run the Wild Bunch out of Cool Ranch, except I have to go after Broncho, and at one point in the dungeon, it's me, alone, against three spiders.

I have done this fight four times. I don't even come close to winning. They can all move and shoot. I can't, so if I move, they just come after me and hit again. Every heal I do gets undone in the next round.

I have no more side quests, so I can't increase my experience level.

How is a witchdoctor supposed to win this?
It was easiest on my Witchdoctor. All you have to do is summon, summon, and summon! You should have two summonings and if you have a pet use that. You can also get summonings from gear, so that will help too. Just be glad you are not a Privateer. They have only two attack skills at that point(the bomb things), they always have the least damage at that point in the game. It took me three times on my Privateer. I got it my first time on my Witchdoctor and Swashbuckler. Just keep trying and do not give up!

May the odds be ever in your favor~Shay