Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How can a 6 year old defeat the Minotaur?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Dear p101, this is a suggestion. You should make an easy version of all fights. Easy versions grant same exp as normal fights, but the gold and item drops are not nearly as good.

Seriously, parents cant always play for 6-10 year olds. Towards Cool Ranch, the kids and some adults even find the strategy extremely hard to adapt with. If a 6 year old who plays without parental support for strategy struggles at Monquista, how will he/she defeat Rooke?

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Golden Guardian on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
Dear p101, this is a suggestion. You should make an easy version of all fights. Easy versions grant same exp as normal fights, but the gold and item drops are not nearly as good.

Seriously, parents cant always play for 6-10 year olds. Towards Cool Ranch, the kids and some adults even find the strategy extremely hard to adapt with. If a 6 year old who plays without parental support for strategy struggles at Monquista, how will he/she defeat Rooke?
the game is mainly ment for 10 year olds and older basically meaning kids of 10 and older and adults should play it not that your not allowed to play the game if you are a 6 year old but its suggested for 10 year olds and older for example pokemon(i know the pokemon games are rated E for everyone but i feel it should be more e10+ so people can understand it a little more)i used to play it when i was very young and i still play the games to this day...until i lost my 3ds and could not find it so i dont play much pokemon games anymore since april but i still love the games and keep in touch of it with the anime when i was at that young age of 6 or 8 i bought pokemon soulsilver and i did not know how to play it i was just randomly walking around doing nothing instead of catching pokemon,beating gym battles and battling trainers i did not know how to do so than i grew older wanted to play the games again and i started to love them yet again and even more since i knew how the game's worked. basically that's basically it
oh and sorry if you want a strategy i just cant think of one because i have never faced rooke before.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
GG, consider this suggestion for your 6 year old. Go into the fight with another player. I know it is hard to have many high level friends when you are speech-limited to menu chat, but if no friends are available, he or she can camp out on the sigil in a crowded realm and go in with a stranger. Larger fights are more survivable. Even if the pc and all companions are defeated, your 6 year old will win if any character survives the fight. Also I suggest you teach the youngster to run around collecting red yum before starting a new fight. The Labyrinth has plenty of yum available for those who look for it. The boss fights in there will not be skipped if he or she is lost in the maze either. All players in the dungeon who are not already in battle get dragged into the boss fights as soon as they start (ready or not).

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Frankly, I think 6 years old is too young to be playing any type of MMORPG, simply because it is MM.

I used to play Toontown, which is FAR simpler than Pirate101, and my experience was that players that young simply don't know how to play as a team. This is especially crucial in Toontown, as there were many tasks that required team play.

Pirate101 does not require as much team play but the battle order is more sophisticated, the themes are more mature, and the tactics needed more complex.

Besides, if you gave them less gold and smaller drops, how would they be able to maintain the level of their companions? I'm having a devil of a time keeping my companions leveled up and have to resort to hours of gold farming, which is tedious, but necessary. A six-year-old with less gold would soon find themselves overpowered even in a simpler fight.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
This is a good chance to let the kid play by him or herself and learn how to come up with their own strategy. Life is difficult and parents won't always be around to help. This is a good playing field to let a child develop critical thinking skills so that when they are faced with a difficult situation they will be able to work it out for themselves.

Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jan 16, 2012
Row4n412 on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
GG, consider this suggestion for your 6 year old. Go into the fight with another player. I know it is hard to have many high level friends when you are speech-limited to menu chat, but if no friends are available, he or she can camp out on the sigil in a crowded realm and go in with a stranger. Larger fights are more survivable. Even if the pc and all companions are defeated, your 6 year old will win if any character survives the fight. Also I suggest you teach the youngster to run around collecting red yum before starting a new fight. The Labyrinth has plenty of yum available for those who look for it. The boss fights in there will not be skipped if he or she is lost in the maze either. All players in the dungeon who are not already in battle get dragged into the boss fights as soon as they start (ready or not).
lol my kids call them the "red" and "blue" thingies. mommy!!! i need more thingies!!! my bubbles are empty!!!!!!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
If 6 year olds have the ability to reach the Minotaur, they should have the ability to defeat the Minotaur. If they didn't reach the Minotaur on their own, then they probably don't have the ability to defeat the Minotaur on their own.

Regardless, a little help from the parents isn't necessarily a bad thing. Families working together to defeat the Minotaur is just as rewarding as a 6 year old defeating it by themselves.

Community Leader
I think its great that the kids are playing and having fun and definitely don't want things so hard they frustrate and lose interest, but do think we need to consider age a factor.

Consider that the game is considered E10+

Most kids playing at younger ages are hopefully doing so with parental supervision.

As for varied difficulty levels, KIs game community has been asking for something like that for years trying to find ways to make their Wizard101 game friendly and enjoyable for both casual, and hardcore gamers. This just may be something harder to implement than we think. =P

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
I think that is why ki rated the games 10+: maybe because some parts of the game are harder than others. I would have suggested Toontown, wich is VERY easy, but that game is long gone. the only hard thing was, that it was meant for younger players, and people didn't work as a team, but just wanted to win the battle and kill those cogs.