Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

House Improvements

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
First, let me say that I think that the houses in P101 are amazing and enjoy them more than W101. That being said, there a couple of things that I think could be made better.

1. Separate item counts for multiple buildings on an island

Some homes have more than one building on the property, so decorating each of the buildings is kind of tough when they all count towards one overall total. The privateer island actually has three entirely separate buildings, so a 200 item limit means one or two of them are getting completely ignored. Even if those two smaller houses has a 50 item limit for each it would go a long way towards letting me decorate them properly.

Alternatively, sell decoration bundles in the crown shop that auto-decorate smaller buildings such as a tavern, barracks, which would change the interior of that building to a certain building type. The tavern bundle would let you name the tavern like you name a ship and either choose from a couple of bartenders or set one your companions as bartender.

2. Docks

Having my own island is awesome, but not having my ships on display isn't. Another crown shop item (that could be also bought for gold) would be a dock, with space for two ships that would be built off off the entranceway of your home. You can upgrade this to a max of eight ships. My thought on this is that if ports can have several ships docked, then your home should be able to manage a few as well.

Under ship management you would have a new option to "dock ship" which would unbottle the selected ship and place it in one of the docks and remove it from your backpack. These ships would be unavailable unless you undock them and place them in your backpack, similar to how you get your first ship or your parents' ship.

This creates more of an island feeling by seeing ships at your dock and lets you show off your hard earned rides.

3. Companions as decoration

Companions get tougher to manage as you get more of them. You start having to bench ones you don't like and ones you do like shop up less and less often. What if you could remove them from your crew and place them at your home? If I decided that I didn't want Ratbeard to travel with me, I could just choose the companion category when decorating and place him outside so that when I come home I'll see him walking around the docks.

Along with docks this would give homes more of a port feeling.

4. Home ship PVP

You invite and fried to your home, unbottle and jump in your ships and realize that there is no option for the sailing station. I suggest that while you are at home the sailing station becomes available and you can sail in the channel around the island nd actually be able to have ship battles with your friends.

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Very nice ideas, Antonio!

1. I have the Privateer's Garrison, and my main house is filled with furniture, but my other two houses are empty... It would be nice to have separate item limits.

2. I am completely fine with my current i bottled ship being the only one that is shown in my house, so I don't really think I would need a dock.

3. That would be so cool to let your companions roam your house. Similar to pets, you could place them anywhere and they would just walk around. However, I don't really support companion benching.

4. I am really interested in the idea of ship PvP, and I would like to see how it would work.

Again, great ideas!

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
Antonio Shadowbrea... on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
First, let me say that I think that the houses in P101 are amazing and enjoy them more than W101. That being said, there a couple of things that I think could be made better.

1. Separate item counts for multiple buildings on an island

Some homes have more than one building on the property, so decorating each of the buildings is kind of tough when they all count towards one overall total. The privateer island actually has three entirely separate buildings, so a 200 item limit means one or two of them are getting completely ignored. Even if those two smaller houses has a 50 item limit for each it would go a long way towards letting me decorate them properly.

Alternatively, sell decoration bundles in the crown shop that auto-decorate smaller buildings such as a tavern, barracks, which would change the interior of that building to a certain building type. The tavern bundle would let you name the tavern like you name a ship and either choose from a couple of bartenders or set one your companions as bartender.

2. Docks

Having my own island is awesome, but not having my ships on display isn't. Another crown shop item (that could be also bought for gold) would be a dock, with space for two ships that would be built off off the entranceway of your home. You can upgrade this to a max of eight ships. My thought on this is that if ports can have several ships docked, then your home should be able to manage a few as well.

Under ship management you would have a new option to "dock ship" which would unbottle the selected ship and place it in one of the docks and remove it from your backpack. These ships would be unavailable unless you undock them and place them in your backpack, similar to how you get your first ship or your parents' ship.

This creates more of an island feeling by seeing ships at your dock and lets you show off your hard earned rides.

3. Companions as decoration

Companions get tougher to manage as you get more of them. You start having to bench ones you don't like and ones you do like shop up less and less often. What if you could remove them from your crew and place them at your home? If I decided that I didn't want Ratbeard to travel with me, I could just choose the companion category when decorating and place him outside so that when I come home I'll see him walking around the docks.

Along with docks this would give homes more of a port feeling.

4. Home ship PVP

You invite and fried to your home, unbottle and jump in your ships and realize that there is no option for the sailing station. I suggest that while you are at home the sailing station becomes available and you can sail in the channel around the island nd actually be able to have ship battles with your friends.
how about you can only take out companions that have a sleep token on them?

Ensign
Jun 09, 2010
I love you ideas! First Let me say why yes my first house in my witch doctor grotto is almost completely decorated, I go back to my second house and find a table and a giant bell (don't ask), but then when i try to play another item to start decorating the second house my item list is full! This also applies to all the underground tunnels! So if I wanted to hang a picture of say catbeard in my tunnels, or place some of my found treasure in my treasure pile, I can't because oh wait, I have already exceed the max items for all inside space. This makes me very sad. I had some plans for the second house in the back, and if you would take a look at my front house, each decoration is placed in a certain way for a certain reason. I do have a tavern in my house, but if I take some mugs away then it would just feel like tables and chairs. And that is one aspect I am really proud at in my house.

I love the displaying more than one ship Idea. I have all the ships so far (gold wise and level wise for me) and have max equipment on each of them. But yet I am very sad that I can't display my pink squirrel flag fleet at my home. Just one ship. Or it may be nice to see some friends parked in my dock who are visiting so I kind of know who is all roaming the home at once.

Also I very much agree with companions roaming. I would love to have Ratbeard working in my tavern. Although I may not be so thrilled if I completely have to bench him. Maybe we can get a display or store option instead for roaming companions? Like I would like to store my war bison at home, but display ratbeard and keep him in my lineup would be nice. I would also think it would be cool to see mormo running around my witchdoctor living room!

With Ship PVP, I think it would be a neat idea. Give us something else to do while at home. I am not a huge PVP player though so I don't have as much input on this as the others. I do find it to be a nice idea though. Keep up the good thoughts though!!

Keep Sailing~