Heavy/Light armor avaialble for ALL?!?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Oct 26, 2012
374
I am kind of jealous at the privateer class. They have access to both heavy/light armor, where as I as a swash have only light armor.

Buccanneeers should also get access to light armor. I dont know about other classes armor abilities.

I know in real life swashbucklers are like assassins that need light armor, and buccaneers are heavy duty fighters who need heavy armor. But hey its a game, and one of the unique things I like about p101 is customization. So i dont like the idea of logic applying to what I can get and what I cant get.

The only way I can mix heavy/light armor is if I stitch with real money aka crowns (according to friend), where as privateers have access to mix armor for FREE.

Fashion>Logic. Please include heavy/light armor for ALL classes.

Regards, SDH Lv 65

Ensign
Apr 12, 2009
6
yea.....no first of all heavy armor is the only thing making the buc class what it is giving heavy armor to all would just completly destroy buccanner's uniqueness

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
419
Golden Guardian on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
I am kind of jealous at the privateer class. They have access to both heavy/light armor, where as I as a swash have only light armor.

Buccanneeers should also get access to light armor. I dont know about other classes armor abilities.

I know in real life swashbucklers are like assassins that need light armor, and buccaneers are heavy duty fighters who need heavy armor. But hey its a game, and one of the unique things I like about p101 is customization. So i dont like the idea of logic applying to what I can get and what I cant get.

The only way I can mix heavy/light armor is if I stitch with real money aka crowns (according to friend), where as privateers have access to mix armor for FREE.

Fashion>Logic. Please include heavy/light armor for ALL classes.

Regards, SDH Lv 65
I like the fact that heavy armor can only to Buccaneers and Privateers. It's just one of their 'perks'. Besides, like you said, Swashbuckler's need light armor in order to move swiftly and be able to dodge. And Musketeers don't need it since they're always in the background hitting targets from afar: Same goes for Witchdoctors. Privateers need the 'extra' protection since they don't have many attack spells and need it to withstand more hits. Buccaneers need it since they're the toughest class in the game and don't have a high dodge.

I really don't want heavy armor to be for all classes since I believe it should only be for Buccaneers and Privateers. I mean, we take that away, we take away one of their perks. That'll be like them taking away a Swashbuckler's poisoning! I know it's only clothes, but it's like their 'extra' abilities...

Bosun
Oct 26, 2012
374
Bloody Belle on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
I like the fact that heavy armor can only to Buccaneers and Privateers. It's just one of their 'perks'. Besides, like you said, Swashbuckler's need light armor in order to move swiftly and be able to dodge. And Musketeers don't need it since they're always in the background hitting targets from afar: Same goes for Witchdoctors. Privateers need the 'extra' protection since they don't have many attack spells and need it to withstand more hits. Buccaneers need it since they're the toughest class in the game and don't have a high dodge.

I really don't want heavy armor to be for all classes since I believe it should only be for Buccaneers and Privateers. I mean, we take that away, we take away one of their perks. That'll be like them taking away a Swashbuckler's poisoning! I know it's only clothes, but it's like their 'extra' abilities...
Yeh but what perks do the rest of us (specifically ) have in fashion? If we have our unique armor or something that would be cool.

Developer
Golden Guardian on Sep 30, 2013 wrote:
Yeh but what perks do the rest of us (specifically ) have in fashion? If we have our unique armor or something that would be cool.
My favorite Swashbuckler perk is the high movement rate and of course, JUMP!

Bosun
May 06, 2009
372
You can learn Heavy Armor from either Buccaneers or Privateers if you want. We get enough training points to do so. Problem solved?

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
419
Golden Guardian on Sep 30, 2013 wrote:
Yeh but what perks do the rest of us (specifically ) have in fashion? If we have our unique armor or something that would be cool.
Think of it as an epic ability Buccaneers and Privateer's have (which it is, actually ). Just like with anything else, they need to train for it. They need to learn it. Just like they'll eventually learn how to hold 2 heavy smashy weapons at the same time....

Just like how we Swashies will need to learn how to strike first and reposit multiple of times when attacking an enemy. That's what makes us unique as Swashbuckler's, just like the Heavy Armor making Buccaneer's unique in their own way. And, if you think about it, each class DOES have their own armor set, marked as either Swashbuckler's only, Buccaneer's only, Musketeer's only, Witchdoctor's only, and even Privateer's only... so in a way, we do have out own sets of armor and such, but it's a little more subtle than the Buccaneer's ways of flat out learning...

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
304
Golden Guardian on Sep 30, 2013 wrote:
Yeh but what perks do the rest of us (specifically ) have in fashion? If we have our unique armor or something that would be cool.
Can't you just make a privateer or stitch clothes?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Cunning Finnigan S... on Sep 30, 2013 wrote:
You can learn Heavy Armor from either Buccaneers or Privateers if you want. We get enough training points to do so. Problem solved?
No, Swash and Witchdoctor cannot learn it even if they have the points. The option is not there.