Halloween Statue

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
160
Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while, not much new has happened but I have been keeping an eye on ye old boards, and was ecstatic when I read about the new Halloween additions! The second I heard about the new stuff I logged on and got me the new ship (which is my absolute FAVORITE, stat and design wise!), but I found an Issue, not a bug, with the statue quest. I understand that it is for all the free to play characters as well, and I'm fine with that, even though I wanted to fight some headless shipman or something, but I have a problem with the reward. when I started the quest and saw that we were getting the statue afterwards, I was so happy to get something cool to put in the town center of my privateer house or my bucc house, but was disappointed with what I really got. It was just a dinky little toy the size of my foot to put on my nightstand! I understand that It is a replica, but I think that the miniature one is just too lackluster. I want something to remember being here on the day P101 got 5 million players and celebrated it's first year, and I just don't feel that a paperweight is that big of a memorial. So please, KI, it doesn't have to be full size, but at least make it something my crew could gather around and say, (quoting bonnie here) "I remember that day! That's when we first met!"
"And when you saved me from the armada!"-my starter companions
"And when I saw that the child I met years ago grew so well"- presidio companions
"And when we joined a crew we could appreciate"- Kraken skulls companions
"And when ye showed me the error of me ways!"-Ratbeard
"And da day I an I learned dat dere is good mojo even in a soul like mine..."-Scratch
So come on KI! lets all have something we can remember.
-F.R. Holystone
lv.65
1 year P101 Veteran

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Elemutation on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys, I haven't posted in a while, not much new has happened but I have been keeping an eye on ye old boards, and was ecstatic when I read about the new Halloween additions! The second I heard about the new stuff I logged on and got me the new ship (which is my absolute FAVORITE, stat and design wise!), but I found an Issue, not a bug, with the statue quest. I understand that it is for all the free to play characters as well, and I'm fine with that, even though I wanted to fight some headless shipman or something, but I have a problem with the reward. when I started the quest and saw that we were getting the statue afterwards, I was so happy to get something cool to put in the town center of my privateer house or my bucc house, but was disappointed with what I really got. It was just a dinky little toy the size of my foot to put on my nightstand! I understand that It is a replica, but I think that the miniature one is just too lackluster. I want something to remember being here on the day P101 got 5 million players and celebrated it's first year, and I just don't feel that a paperweight is that big of a memorial. So please, KI, it doesn't have to be full size, but at least make it something my crew could gather around and say, (quoting bonnie here) "I remember that day! That's when we first met!"
"And when you saved me from the armada!"-my starter companions
"And when I saw that the child I met years ago grew so well"- presidio companions
"And when we joined a crew we could appreciate"- Kraken skulls companions
"And when ye showed me the error of me ways!"-Ratbeard
"And da day I an I learned dat dere is good mojo even in a soul like mine..."-Scratch
So come on KI! lets all have something we can remember.
-F.R. Holystone
lv.65
1 year P101 Veteran
I love your quotes, they are well written. I especially love the "1 Year P101 Veteran" What a wonderful badge to be able to wear. Beautiful sentiment.

Administrator
"I want something to remember being here on the day P101 got 5 million players and celebrated it's first year"

You do! The statue outside of Avery's office is a permanent fixture, and you can visit it at any time. It may not make sense now, but we'd like to keep the statue outside of Avery's office special. Please drop by and visit it when you can.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
101
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
"I want something to remember being here on the day P101 got 5 million players and celebrated it's first year"

You do! The statue outside of Avery's office is a permanent fixture, and you can visit it at any time. It may not make sense now, but we'd like to keep the statue outside of Avery's office special. Please drop by and visit it when you can.
Ashley rests her chin on her hand, thinking.
'' Got to admit'' she finally says'' Jack's right. Even I was a little disappointed at my statue's size, but I still like it. When I heard about the statue, and latter- saw it, I felt soooo happy that Pirate101 finally has a awesome statue, like in W101 in wizard city.
Btw, Elemutation. Our characters kinda have the same name . As Birgus once said to me- '' A Holystone is always a Holystone''

Fair Ashley Holystone

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
"I want something to remember being here on the day P101 got 5 million players and celebrated it's first year"

You do! The statue outside of Avery's office is a permanent fixture, and you can visit it at any time. It may not make sense now, but we'd like to keep the statue outside of Avery's office special. Please drop by and visit it when you can.
You are quite right Jack. I love both of them.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
160
Star owl on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
Ashley rests her chin on her hand, thinking.
'' Got to admit'' she finally says'' Jack's right. Even I was a little disappointed at my statue's size, but I still like it. When I heard about the statue, and latter- saw it, I felt soooo happy that Pirate101 finally has a awesome statue, like in W101 in wizard city.
Btw, Elemutation. Our characters kinda have the same name . As Birgus once said to me- '' A Holystone is always a Holystone''

Fair Ashley Holystone
Ha. Looks like I found a lost relative! see ya at the family reunion. Holystones for the win!

Fearless Ryan Holystone
lv 65

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
101
Elemutation on Oct 19, 2013 wrote:
Ha. Looks like I found a lost relative! see ya at the family reunion. Holystones for the win!

Fearless Ryan Holystone
lv 65
Looks like it! Ha ha!

First Mate
Oct 27, 2009
458
You made me look. I liked the idea of the first year pirate badge, but saw no such badge in my collection. It's a good idea though. Hint hint, Jack.
If it really does exist, please say so.

Administrator
It's a great idea! Unfortunately we'd need a bit of programming magic before something like badges based around time played or the like could be instituted.

I like the way you all think though!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*