Grizzleheim, look out

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
So I had some ideas about how GH could be incorporated into P101... comment your other ideas below!

-the ships would be Bear Long-ships, of course. The ship powers would include coldfire drake, Loki's shock (a sort of ultimate electrifying grapeshot), and Odin's runes (+24 accuracy and dodge, this would be a rare drop for sails).
-Companions would range from bear slashers (uses claws) and smashers (uses heavy axes) to Raven Seers and Wolf Valkyries
-there would be a war, fueled by the Armada, between the wolves, ravens, bears. The wolves would have elites named Valkyries, who would fly through the air on the same sort of wings Battle Angels have, as well as other clockwork-esque upgrades. They would count as sky enemies, like buffaloons and sky sharks.
-This would take place after the wizard101 world has completed all of GH, including Wintertusk. Grandmother Raven would be in her true form, the frozen bears wouldn't be frozen, etc. etc.
-Final boss would either be an armada elite or Huge Ice Giant, who would constantly summon smaller ice enemies.
-reason for coming is because the war began affecting your chances of finishing off the map, due to the fact that the ravens claimed to have stolen a piece from the Armada and refused to give it back, when in truth the armada was working through them.
-the armada was also working through the wolves. Kane pretended to be helping them both independently, when truthfully he was using both sides to make sure you were much less likely to get his last map pieces.
-the bears are the only good side, with a few evil ghosts and corrupted bears, but besides that they are the ones you're trying to help-again.
-new spells and powers would include a freezing spell, a dragon minion summon spell, and a raven's sacrifice spell, which would heal you and damage opponents, but not in a leeching sort of way.

Add your ideas below! Tell me what you think! Be specific, maybe Ratbeard will see this!

First Mate
Jan 17, 2012
482
darkdoombro345 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
So I had some ideas about how GH could be incorporated into P101... comment your other ideas below!

-the ships would be Bear Long-ships, of course. The ship powers would include coldfire drake, Loki's shock (a sort of ultimate electrifying grapeshot), and Odin's runes (+24 accuracy and dodge, this would be a rare drop for sails).
-Companions would range from bear slashers (uses claws) and smashers (uses heavy axes) to Raven Seers and Wolf Valkyries
-there would be a war, fueled by the Armada, between the wolves, ravens, bears. The wolves would have elites named Valkyries, who would fly through the air on the same sort of wings Battle Angels have, as well as other clockwork-esque upgrades. They would count as sky enemies, like buffaloons and sky sharks.
-This would take place after the wizard101 world has completed all of GH, including Wintertusk. Grandmother Raven would be in her true form, the frozen bears wouldn't be frozen, etc. etc.
-Final boss would either be an armada elite or Huge Ice Giant, who would constantly summon smaller ice enemies.
-reason for coming is because the war began affecting your chances of finishing off the map, due to the fact that the ravens claimed to have stolen a piece from the Armada and refused to give it back, when in truth the armada was working through them.
-the armada was also working through the wolves. Kane pretended to be helping them both independently, when truthfully he was using both sides to make sure you were much less likely to get his last map pieces.
-the bears are the only good side, with a few evil ghosts and corrupted bears, but besides that they are the ones you're trying to help-again.
-new spells and powers would include a freezing spell, a dragon minion summon spell, and a raven's sacrifice spell, which would heal you and damage opponents, but not in a leeching sort of way.

Add your ideas below! Tell me what you think! Be specific, maybe Ratbeard will see this!
I'm far more concerned what adding in another world will do to the flow of the game.

Wysteria and Grizzleheim are not in the direct plot line of Wizard101. Now I admit I never got beyond Dragonspyre and I would never have been able to take on Dragonspyre were it not for the extra experience I got from Wysteria and Grizzleheim, but when you reach the experience cap before you even get to the latest world...

Presently, if you do everything in the game, you will not hit the cap until you are on the final world (unless you spend a lot of time taking out random monsters for the experience). And we are already at the level 65 cap. I don't expect them to plan anything further than level 100. I'd rather not hit that 100 cap before I get close to the final goal of finding El Dorado and my pirate's parents. We don't have a lot of room for world levels, so, they would either have to make the levels tougher to achieve, or raise the level higher than 100. We still need to visit Polaris (as one of the four worlds mentioned in Valencia) and the only encounter with Grizzleheim we've had is in Bestia.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
Max DeGroot on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
I'm far more concerned what adding in another world will do to the flow of the game.

Wysteria and Grizzleheim are not in the direct plot line of Wizard101. Now I admit I never got beyond Dragonspyre and I would never have been able to take on Dragonspyre were it not for the extra experience I got from Wysteria and Grizzleheim, but when you reach the experience cap before you even get to the latest world...

Presently, if you do everything in the game, you will not hit the cap until you are on the final world (unless you spend a lot of time taking out random monsters for the experience). And we are already at the level 65 cap. I don't expect them to plan anything further than level 100. I'd rather not hit that 100 cap before I get close to the final goal of finding El Dorado and my pirate's parents. We don't have a lot of room for world levels, so, they would either have to make the levels tougher to achieve, or raise the level higher than 100. We still need to visit Polaris (as one of the four worlds mentioned in Valencia) and the only encounter with Grizzleheim we've had is in Bestia.
No, no, I meant Grizzleheim as an actual quest world this time. Aquila was just a side world for farming in w101, but it's a real world in p101, so I was saying turn GH into a real world too. We would be gathering a map piece there, of course (because it wouldn't make sense if Kane was dead but the armada was still causing a war in GrizzleHeim)

Ensign
Nov 23, 2013
30
I like this idea, but I also agree with Max. I don't think Pirate101 has ever had optional worlds before, but I can check.

Maybe you could put Grizzleheim as a main world, due to Armada forces and the like.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5755
As one of the origin worlds for our pirates, I think it is very likely that we will be visiting Griz and Krok. Remember, we still have to find our mother's piece of the map and Erica the Red's piece, too. The best place to look for these pieces is where it all started for our pirates, we don't know where we were when we were arrested or how we ended up in SI skyway, before we were rescued. What if we had been in GH or Krok? And Erica ( as a pirate ) could be anywhere why not GH or Krok? Of the four worlds most frequently mentioned in the story line I believe that GH, Krok and Polaris are the most likely ones we may end up visiting.
Reasons to visit GH - Erica the Red is a Bear, it is also one of the origin worlds for some pirates, Vikings were like pirates, so this world fits very well with the P101 theme
Reasons to visit Krok - It is an origin world for some pirates. Erica might be there ( as a Pirate, she could travel anywhere ).
Reasons to visit Polaris - we freed Napoleguin, after helping Gortez gain the Monquistan throne, Napoleguin would naturally return to his world to regain the throne and for revenge. Erica might be there, she could even be a Polar Bear.
Between level 65 and level 100 is 35 levels, and the higher the level, the wider the gap is between levels; so plenty of time and play to fit in some new worlds.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
704
Grizzleheim is only one of the many worlds of the spirals yet to make an in game debut.It's a big and tough world to be,keep in mind our pirate this there for a map piece and perhaps to look for clues about his/her parent's death.

There are many worlds to explore aside from Grizzleheim before our pirate(s) entering to Cadiz, like Krokotopia, Darkmoore,maybe Polaris, a return trip to Moo Shu and to Florenza in Valencia and maybe a return trip to Monqusita. It's still a long way to defeat Kane and explore El Darado, in other pirate.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
anecorbie on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
As one of the origin worlds for our pirates, I think it is very likely that we will be visiting Griz and Krok. Remember, we still have to find our mother's piece of the map and Erica the Red's piece, too. The best place to look for these pieces is where it all started for our pirates, we don't know where we were when we were arrested or how we ended up in SI skyway, before we were rescued. What if we had been in GH or Krok? And Erica ( as a pirate ) could be anywhere why not GH or Krok? Of the four worlds most frequently mentioned in the story line I believe that GH, Krok and Polaris are the most likely ones we may end up visiting.
Reasons to visit GH - Erica the Red is a Bear, it is also one of the origin worlds for some pirates, Vikings were like pirates, so this world fits very well with the P101 theme
Reasons to visit Krok - It is an origin world for some pirates. Erica might be there ( as a Pirate, she could travel anywhere ).
Reasons to visit Polaris - we freed Napoleguin, after helping Gortez gain the Monquistan throne, Napoleguin would naturally return to his world to regain the throne and for revenge. Erica might be there, she could even be a Polar Bear.
Between level 65 and level 100 is 35 levels, and the higher the level, the wider the gap is between levels; so plenty of time and play to fit in some new worlds.
Fun fact- Eric the Red was supposely the first to discover America and colonize it, ever. He was a viking, of course. That settles it. We're going to GH.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
49
What if I told you... They're making 3 worlds in one update... Dun dun dun!.....

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
WyvernBlaze on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
What if I told you... They're making 3 worlds in one update... Dun dun dun!.....
What if I told you... they're making multiple words in seperate updates... dun dun duuuuuuun.......

First Mate
Jan 17, 2012
482
Here are the problems I see:

We are at the two thirds point of the story, but have only been to eight worlds: Skull Island, Monquista, Avernus, Valencia, Cool Ranch, Mooshu, Marleybone, and Aquila. This basically leaves us only 4 more worlds for the final 35 levels. One has to be the other part of Valencia with Cadiz, and one, one has to be El Dorado, and one almost certainly has to be Polaris, since it is one of the four worlds mentioned in Valencia. Now, if you don't count the second half of Valencia as a world separate from the other half, and El Dorado is only the cap world, this leaves only two other worlds.

I see no plot necessity of including a world simply because it is mentioned at the beginning, but there is some merit to the suggestion. Plus Grizzleheim brings up images of Vikings who could EASILY be called pirates. And there were clearly places that could be unexplored in both Grizzleheim and Wintertusk.

Krokotopia, on the other hand... I mean, we saw EVERYTHING in Wizard101. Where would they have hidden the pirate part? And what would Egyptian pirates be?

Ensign
Jan 01, 2013
13
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5755
Max DeGroot on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Here are the problems I see:

We are at the two thirds point of the story, but have only been to eight worlds: Skull Island, Monquista, Avernus, Valencia, Cool Ranch, Mooshu, Marleybone, and Aquila. This basically leaves us only 4 more worlds for the final 35 levels. One has to be the other part of Valencia with Cadiz, and one, one has to be El Dorado, and one almost certainly has to be Polaris, since it is one of the four worlds mentioned in Valencia. Now, if you don't count the second half of Valencia as a world separate from the other half, and El Dorado is only the cap world, this leaves only two other worlds.

I see no plot necessity of including a world simply because it is mentioned at the beginning, but there is some merit to the suggestion. Plus Grizzleheim brings up images of Vikings who could EASILY be called pirates. And there were clearly places that could be unexplored in both Grizzleheim and Wintertusk.

Krokotopia, on the other hand... I mean, we saw EVERYTHING in Wizard101. Where would they have hidden the pirate part? And what would Egyptian pirates be?
You THINK you saw everything. When you were in Marleybone ( Wiz101 ) wouldn't you have said that that was all to it? And in ancient Egypt they were constantly harassed by the 'Sea-Peoples' ( as they called them ). I can easily see Kroks with ships sailing from port to port. And don't forget Captain Salalbad the Mander.

First Mate
Jan 17, 2012
482
anecorbie on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
You THINK you saw everything. When you were in Marleybone ( Wiz101 ) wouldn't you have said that that was all to it? And in ancient Egypt they were constantly harassed by the 'Sea-Peoples' ( as they called them ). I can easily see Kroks with ships sailing from port to port. And don't forget Captain Salalbad the Mander.
No, we did not see all of Marleybone. We could not explore all the edges of the world. Plus, in P101, we can clearly see a place we cannot get to that has Big Ben, where W101 takes place.

We DID see every single island of Krokotopia. We could go all around all of the islands, and see nothing but sky. What else is there to see?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5755
Max DeGroot on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
No, we did not see all of Marleybone. We could not explore all the edges of the world. Plus, in P101, we can clearly see a place we cannot get to that has Big Ben, where W101 takes place.

We DID see every single island of Krokotopia. We could go all around all of the islands, and see nothing but sky. What else is there to see?
A different skyway? Islands to far distant to see at all? Why do you not want there to be more of Krokotopia?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
anecorbie on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
You THINK you saw everything. When you were in Marleybone ( Wiz101 ) wouldn't you have said that that was all to it? And in ancient Egypt they were constantly harassed by the 'Sea-Peoples' ( as they called them ). I can easily see Kroks with ships sailing from port to port. And don't forget Captain Salalbad the Mander.
There's still one part of MB neither game has seen- the huge bridge in the middle of Westminster Skyway.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
539
darkdoombro345 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
So I had some ideas about how GH could be incorporated into P101... comment your other ideas below!

-the ships would be Bear Long-ships, of course. The ship powers would include coldfire drake, Loki's shock (a sort of ultimate electrifying grapeshot), and Odin's runes (+24 accuracy and dodge, this would be a rare drop for sails).
-Companions would range from bear slashers (uses claws) and smashers (uses heavy axes) to Raven Seers and Wolf Valkyries
-there would be a war, fueled by the Armada, between the wolves, ravens, bears. The wolves would have elites named Valkyries, who would fly through the air on the same sort of wings Battle Angels have, as well as other clockwork-esque upgrades. They would count as sky enemies, like buffaloons and sky sharks.
-This would take place after the wizard101 world has completed all of GH, including Wintertusk. Grandmother Raven would be in her true form, the frozen bears wouldn't be frozen, etc. etc.
-Final boss would either be an armada elite or Huge Ice Giant, who would constantly summon smaller ice enemies.
-reason for coming is because the war began affecting your chances of finishing off the map, due to the fact that the ravens claimed to have stolen a piece from the Armada and refused to give it back, when in truth the armada was working through them.
-the armada was also working through the wolves. Kane pretended to be helping them both independently, when truthfully he was using both sides to make sure you were much less likely to get his last map pieces.
-the bears are the only good side, with a few evil ghosts and corrupted bears, but besides that they are the ones you're trying to help-again.
-new spells and powers would include a freezing spell, a dragon minion summon spell, and a raven's sacrifice spell, which would heal you and damage opponents, but not in a leeching sort of way.

Add your ideas below! Tell me what you think! Be specific, maybe Ratbeard will see this!
sure good idea,but i kinda want a side world.

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
156
CyanGirl on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
I like this idea, but I also agree with Max. I don't think Pirate101 has ever had optional worlds before, but I can check.

Maybe you could put Grizzleheim as a main world, due to Armada forces and the like.
If you were to check Blind Mews latest comment on a post that was concerning the tents in Bestia, he said and quote "the tents that were and weren't placed there are for a reason." So I am guessing soon we shall be sailing our mighty ships to Krokotopia and/or Grizzleheim soon maties!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
If you were to check Blind Mews latest comment on a post that was concerning the tents in Bestia, he said and quote "the tents that were and weren't placed there are for a reason." So I am guessing soon we shall be sailing our mighty ships to Krokotopia and/or Grizzleheim soon maties!
uh... then he said that it's because of the character's choices for where they were raised. But I do think that they'll be adding GH still.

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
28
darkdoombro345 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
So I had some ideas about how GH could be incorporated into P101... comment your other ideas below!

-the ships would be Bear Long-ships, of course. The ship powers would include coldfire drake, Loki's shock (a sort of ultimate electrifying grapeshot), and Odin's runes (+24 accuracy and dodge, this would be a rare drop for sails).
-Companions would range from bear slashers (uses claws) and smashers (uses heavy axes) to Raven Seers and Wolf Valkyries
-there would be a war, fueled by the Armada, between the wolves, ravens, bears. The wolves would have elites named Valkyries, who would fly through the air on the same sort of wings Battle Angels have, as well as other clockwork-esque upgrades. They would count as sky enemies, like buffaloons and sky sharks.
-This would take place after the wizard101 world has completed all of GH, including Wintertusk. Grandmother Raven would be in her true form, the frozen bears wouldn't be frozen, etc. etc.
-Final boss would either be an armada elite or Huge Ice Giant, who would constantly summon smaller ice enemies.
-reason for coming is because the war began affecting your chances of finishing off the map, due to the fact that the ravens claimed to have stolen a piece from the Armada and refused to give it back, when in truth the armada was working through them.
-the armada was also working through the wolves. Kane pretended to be helping them both independently, when truthfully he was using both sides to make sure you were much less likely to get his last map pieces.
-the bears are the only good side, with a few evil ghosts and corrupted bears, but besides that they are the ones you're trying to help-again.
-new spells and powers would include a freezing spell, a dragon minion summon spell, and a raven's sacrifice spell, which would heal you and damage opponents, but not in a leeching sort of way.

Add your ideas below! Tell me what you think! Be specific, maybe Ratbeard will see this!
Dude I loved grizzleheim from w101! So maybe there should be a one in pirate101. The bears should be swashbucklers, the wolves , and the ravens should be witch Dr. I like your ideas on the ships and much more. There should be a wintertusk. I hope ki will make it in the future.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
What about Grendels? I mean, the small ones would probably be swashys, the bigger ones buccaneers, and the huge ones would either be witches or more buccaneers. Who would be Musketeers, though? I suppose you could have bear crossbows...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5755
darkdoombro345 on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
What about Grendels? I mean, the small ones would probably be swashys, the bigger ones buccaneers, and the huge ones would either be witches or more buccaneers. Who would be Musketeers, though? I suppose you could have bear crossbows...
I could see them as pets, but I don't want one of those slimy creatures as a companion ( shudders ).

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
84
So, in the 19th century, Scandinavia (the region Grizzleheim is based on) was dominated by three nations: Sweden, Denmark, and Norway, which drifted between Sweden's and Denmark's influence. So, why not draw another parallel between Pirate101 and real life by making the three races (Bears, Wolves, Ravens) take on characteristics of three Scandinavian nations, respectively? Furthermore, the history of Scandinavia has been full of attempts to unify the region: the Kelmar Union, the Sweden-Norway union, and Denmark-Norway. This attempt at unification gives us the perfect plot!

Plot: The government of the Bears(Sweden) has introduced the concept of United Grizzleheim: an attempt at uniting the races, so that Grizzleheim could finally play an active role in international politics. Although supported by the Wolves (Denmark), this initiative is strongly opposed by the Ravens (Norway) and certain Wolf revolutionists, who all value their independence, along with the Armada, who doesn't want Grizzleheim to become another rival.

The pirate, after receiving intelligence from M, follows Erika into Grizzleheim, where she seeks to help the Bears create a united and strong Grizzleheim...