For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Grant Old Man Bronco a Second Chance Chest, please

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
Ahoy there!

While I enjoy fighting Old Man Bronco in Tumbleweed's Old Jailhouse in Cool Ranch, along with the other Wild Bunch outlaws at his side, including Waco Kid and Buck Bronco, I've just found out that he doesn't have a Second Chance Chest like the other bosses who do. Given that he is Book 9's last boss & the Wild Bunch's leader, he deserves to have a Second Chance Chest added for after we defeated him.

Ratbeard, I have the usual SCC survey for Old Man Bronco before you can consider to give him his SCC, so here it is, filled in that order...

1) Is the boss in question at the end of a really long instance? Well, honestly, just reasonably long for level 30+ Pirates (besides the fact that the dungeon currently doesn't have an entry warning yet), so, yes, he is at the end of that reasonably long instance. Check!

2) Does the boss in question have unique loot? From what I've read, & for those of you who didn't know it, Old Man Bronco does have the Subaltern's Heavy Boots, Cowhand Buckskins, Tornado Trenchcoat, Fancy Ten Gallon, and the Storm Rider's Totem, and I'm certain that these items do count as his unique loot drops, so, YES, he does have unique loot! Check!

That's the survey filled out for Old Man Bronco to receive his Second Chance Chest! Hope you can give him his SCC sometime soon.

Thanks once again for listening!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
838
Trimond297 on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy there!

While I enjoy fighting Old Man Bronco in Tumbleweed's Old Jailhouse in Cool Ranch, along with the other Wild Bunch outlaws at his side, including Waco Kid and Buck Bronco, I've just found out that he doesn't have a Second Chance Chest like the other bosses who do. Given that he is Book 9's last boss & the Wild Bunch's leader, he deserves to have a Second Chance Chest added for after we defeated him.

Ratbeard, I have the usual SCC survey for Old Man Bronco before you can consider to give him his SCC, so here it is, filled in that order...

1) Is the boss in question at the end of a really long instance? Well, honestly, just reasonably long for level 30+ Pirates (besides the fact that the dungeon currently doesn't have an entry warning yet), so, yes, he is at the end of that reasonably long instance. Check!

2) Does the boss in question have unique loot? From what I've read, & for those of you who didn't know it, Old Man Bronco does have the Subaltern's Heavy Boots, Cowhand Buckskins, Tornado Trenchcoat, Fancy Ten Gallon, and the Storm Rider's Totem, and I'm certain that these items do count as his unique loot drops, so, YES, he does have unique loot! Check!

That's the survey filled out for Old Man Bronco to receive his Second Chance Chest! Hope you can give him his SCC sometime soon.

Thanks once again for listening!
no chance chest please, let there be some loot that cant be bought, too many chance chests already, if you want something put time and effort into it, don't just buy your way through the game

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10611
zuto4011a on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
no chance chest please, let there be some loot that cant be bought, too many chance chests already, if you want something put time and effort into it, don't just buy your way through the game
Some people don't have the time to continually farm a boss, this will give an option to those who can't spend 6+ hours on the computer.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
zuto4011a on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
no chance chest please, let there be some loot that cant be bought, too many chance chests already, if you want something put time and effort into it, don't just buy your way through the game
Like Esperanza noted, some people just don't have the time to farm for hours or in large chunks...and some people do. Some get up at 5am take care of kids, go to work, get home late, take care of kids again, pay bills, deal with real-world issues, go to bed late and then do it all over again...and again...and again.

You say "if you want something put time and effort into it". Well, to those that work hard to bring in the money to buy their way through the game and spend it on those Second Chance Chests, they surely did put time and effort into earning that money and therefore also earn the right to use a SCC. And in most cases, they put more time and effort into it than someone merely playing a video game to acquire the same gear, for hours on end.

Those people that do have the time have a way to grind it out in game, with that time. Those that don't have the time for in game grinding must grind it out in the real world and make real money that they can choose to spend however they see fit. When someone has physically, emotionally and mentally worked hard to earn a living and to support themselves and their family, why should they not have the option to purchase virtual gear? For them, earning that money and using that Second Chance Chest, certainly was no easy way out.

Some who play have both the time and the money, and they have certainly earned both of these-- so they too have the right to "buy your way through the game". There are a lot of wonderful moms and dads out there playing this great game, and even if they do not have a "paying job", believe you me...they are working extremely hard. There is no harder working person out there than a stay at home mother or father, and a working parent, who must sacrifice any and every given moment to care for their family. They may lack the time to farm for hours on end and thus require an additional source for acquiring the game's great gear-- in walks a Second Chance Chest.

"SWEET! Hello there SCC, ain't you a sight for sore (and tired) eyes, here's $20, heck even $40, of my hard earned, worked for money-- give me the goods Mr./Ms. SCC so that I can get back to taking care of my loved one's and be there for them at any given moment." Doth says the hard working parent.

Zuto, not everyone who uses a Second Chance Chest has had that money handed to them and even those that did receive Crowns as a gift...someone along the way worked hard to pay for it. So many worked countless hours, cared for numerous kids and family members (again for countless hours) and sacrificed a great amount in their day to day life, via through being at home and/or work-- surely you must admit that they deserve a Second Chance....Chest that is!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1221
zuto4011a on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
no chance chest please, let there be some loot that cant be bought, too many chance chests already, if you want something put time and effort into it, don't just buy your way through the game
I don't get this attitude, really. I'm not affected by how someone else got his gear, and he's not affected by how I got mine. It's a game, not a punishment; if I have the time to grind, sure, I'll grind. But if I don't have the time, but I have earned the money with which to purchase crowns, how does that hurt you if I hit a second chance chest a time or two?

If you're thinking of PvP, well, how are you to know if your opponent worked his mouse finger to the bone or bought the gear with which he battles you? And is your victory (or defeat) somehow sweeter (or less bitter) because a faceless opponent spent hours collecting the virtual gear he was wearing when he lost to you (or thumped your socks off)?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Feb 13, 2015 wrote:
I don't get this attitude, really. I'm not affected by how someone else got his gear, and he's not affected by how I got mine. It's a game, not a punishment; if I have the time to grind, sure, I'll grind. But if I don't have the time, but I have earned the money with which to purchase crowns, how does that hurt you if I hit a second chance chest a time or two?

If you're thinking of PvP, well, how are you to know if your opponent worked his mouse finger to the bone or bought the gear with which he battles you? And is your victory (or defeat) somehow sweeter (or less bitter) because a faceless opponent spent hours collecting the virtual gear he was wearing when he lost to you (or thumped your socks off)?
You said it. It never hurts to use Second Chance Chests time to time. Not everyone has the time to do it, but you're definitely right on this.

Well, I hope the items I presented in the SCC survey are real items confirmed by one of the devs. I mean, I don't like to be wrong or something like that, but I do hope I'm not misinformed on Old Man Bronco's unique loot drops in one of the P101Central Wiki's pages about him. Ratbeard did say this before upon my past mistake...

"You can almost always count on bosses' unique loot being named after the boss (eg, Deacon's Fantastic Face Towel) or at least something relatively close (Armada Swagger Stick)."

Those items from Old Man Bronco's drops I presented in the SCC survey are considered to be something relatively close to me, from what I've read in that page. I still hope I'm not misinformed on it. I know that the past pages about bosses haven't been updated from time to time, but the loot drops may still need to be accurate, even the bosses' unique drops, too, so nobody will be misinformed on that.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
838
i'm gonna respond to everyone in this post instead of individual quotes

I too get up at 5 am, but not for work or kids, I get up for school, I then spend 7 hours at school learning my ap classes, which of I have 4, each one gives me about an hours of homework each night. 7+4= 11, then add my 8 hours sleep, 1 hour for meals each days, that equals 20, that's 4 hours of free time each day, but wait, add showering, my social life, and my gf into the mix, that usually leaves 1.5 hours of free time a day, sure I don't always get hw or always spend time with my gf, but I also lack time, and you know what I did to get bucks gear, I grinded for a long time, my one friend who doesn't have any of that grinded tso for a month. to get gear you have to put in time and effort and pray to RNGesus, short cuts like this makes the game boring, and like the devs said before, NOT EVERY BOSS NEEDS A 2ND CHANCE CHEST

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10611
zuto4011a on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
i'm gonna respond to everyone in this post instead of individual quotes

I too get up at 5 am, but not for work or kids, I get up for school, I then spend 7 hours at school learning my ap classes, which of I have 4, each one gives me about an hours of homework each night. 7+4= 11, then add my 8 hours sleep, 1 hour for meals each days, that equals 20, that's 4 hours of free time each day, but wait, add showering, my social life, and my gf into the mix, that usually leaves 1.5 hours of free time a day, sure I don't always get hw or always spend time with my gf, but I also lack time, and you know what I did to get bucks gear, I grinded for a long time, my one friend who doesn't have any of that grinded tso for a month. to get gear you have to put in time and effort and pray to RNGesus, short cuts like this makes the game boring, and like the devs said before, NOT EVERY BOSS NEEDS A 2ND CHANCE CHEST
If you choose to grind that's your choice, all Trimond wants is a choice; If all of us were lucky in our drops there would be no need for SCC. I believe if the boss in question is a difficult and long instance and drops unique gear then a SCC gives those who can't farm ( or those who don't wish to ) an option. As Fiorenza pointed out - why should it bother you if someone gets their gear from fighting or SCC? And even so an SCC is not guaranteed to give up that exclusive loot.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
zuto4011a on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
i'm gonna respond to everyone in this post instead of individual quotes

I too get up at 5 am, but not for work or kids, I get up for school, I then spend 7 hours at school learning my ap classes, which of I have 4, each one gives me about an hours of homework each night. 7+4= 11, then add my 8 hours sleep, 1 hour for meals each days, that equals 20, that's 4 hours of free time each day, but wait, add showering, my social life, and my gf into the mix, that usually leaves 1.5 hours of free time a day, sure I don't always get hw or always spend time with my gf, but I also lack time, and you know what I did to get bucks gear, I grinded for a long time, my one friend who doesn't have any of that grinded tso for a month. to get gear you have to put in time and effort and pray to RNGesus, short cuts like this makes the game boring, and like the devs said before, NOT EVERY BOSS NEEDS A 2ND CHANCE CHEST
Wait a minute, hold the phones...how in the world do you pull off 8 hours of sleep-- that simply blows my mind! I congratulate you, Zuto, on striving hard to achieve academic excellence, that is very admirable & you should be quite proud of all of your schooling, life & in-game accomplishments.

I think the whole point(s) others are making are: Why does it bother you if someone else has the same gear as you?...and why does it bother you how they acquired it? I too don't believe that every boss needs a SCC, but it in no way upsets, angers or bothers me if KI decides to add one for every boss-- use it or don't use it, farm or don't farm...the choice is yours (sometimes).

Your statement that "short cuts like this makes the game boring" pretty much contradicts itself. Do you use the SCC? NO...at least I'm assuming that's the answer. So how is someone else using one boring to you personally? You still get the excitement factor of having to grind it out. To state that using a SCC makes things boring, means that in order to "achieve the boring" one would have to be actually taking the short cut-- but alas, you are not, so how does the game become boring to you because of someone else using them? Also, if you have put an incredible amount of time into farming for the gear you have, then your pirate(s) is obviously very overpowering & it's likewise obvious that you are a PvP enthusiast. In this lies the other way your statement contradicts itself. If more SCC are offered up, then more potential pirates are going to have better gear equipped to give you more of a challenge in PvP-- thus making it less boring. If just about the only pirates donning the uber-gear, acquired it from tireless grinding, then there would be a lot less pirates to give you a more exciting challenge in PvP.

Those with the Boss gear from SCC, that only engage in PvE...SHOULD NOT affect you in the least bit. They are off doing their own thing having a blast in the Spiral-- it holds no bearing on what you do & your boredom or excitement levels.

So there are 2 types of players out there that use SCC (relating to lack of time and/or excess of money):

1] Those that want the gear to try to dominate in PvP-- exciting for you, more potential challenges lie in wait...nothing boring about that!
2] Those that use the gear primarily for PvE-- doesn't affect you one bit so can't make the game more boring for you!
C] Those that do a little bit of both-- If they happen to PvP, again possible exciting matches for ya! If you never cross paths in the Brawlin' Hall, then they will be off PvE'ing, having their own fun.

If you are merely miffed (which may be the case here) about players putting in less game time to acquire the same gear that you put in countless hours for...well then that's a whole nuthah story. But I don't believe anyone using a SCC could possibly make the game more boring for you-- if it does for them, well that's their prerogative and they'd probably stop using SCC if this were so.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
Wait a minute, hold the phones...how in the world do you pull off 8 hours of sleep-- that simply blows my mind! I congratulate you, Zuto, on striving hard to achieve academic excellence, that is very admirable & you should be quite proud of all of your schooling, life & in-game accomplishments.

I think the whole point(s) others are making are: Why does it bother you if someone else has the same gear as you?...and why does it bother you how they acquired it? I too don't believe that every boss needs a SCC, but it in no way upsets, angers or bothers me if KI decides to add one for every boss-- use it or don't use it, farm or don't farm...the choice is yours (sometimes).

Your statement that "short cuts like this makes the game boring" pretty much contradicts itself. Do you use the SCC? NO...at least I'm assuming that's the answer. So how is someone else using one boring to you personally? You still get the excitement factor of having to grind it out. To state that using a SCC makes things boring, means that in order to "achieve the boring" one would have to be actually taking the short cut-- but alas, you are not, so how does the game become boring to you because of someone else using them? Also, if you have put an incredible amount of time into farming for the gear you have, then your pirate(s) is obviously very overpowering & it's likewise obvious that you are a PvP enthusiast. In this lies the other way your statement contradicts itself. If more SCC are offered up, then more potential pirates are going to have better gear equipped to give you more of a challenge in PvP-- thus making it less boring. If just about the only pirates donning the uber-gear, acquired it from tireless grinding, then there would be a lot less pirates to give you a more exciting challenge in PvP.

Those with the Boss gear from SCC, that only engage in PvE...SHOULD NOT affect you in the least bit. They are off doing their own thing having a blast in the Spiral-- it holds no bearing on what you do & your boredom or excitement levels.

So there are 2 types of players out there that use SCC (relating to lack of time and/or excess of money):

1] Those that want the gear to try to dominate in PvP-- exciting for you, more potential challenges lie in wait...nothing boring about that!
2] Those that use the gear primarily for PvE-- doesn't affect you one bit so can't make the game more boring for you!
C] Those that do a little bit of both-- If they happen to PvP, again possible exciting matches for ya! If you never cross paths in the Brawlin' Hall, then they will be off PvE'ing, having their own fun.

If you are merely miffed (which may be the case here) about players putting in less game time to acquire the same gear that you put in countless hours for...well then that's a whole nuthah story. But I don't believe anyone using a SCC could possibly make the game more boring for you-- if it does for them, well that's their prerogative and they'd probably stop using SCC if this were so.
That's quite a speech, Valkoor. Honestly, it is. Still, others have opinions about SCCs. I'm content with them.

You know that there isn't a single particular boss or bosses in Valencia & Monquista that have SCCs for the moment being, right? I just noticed after going through them, on account of that there are a few instances that have last bosses without SCCs in these worlds. Just noting.

Plus, Old Man Bronco's loot drops that are unique items to his loot table do count as the items that are relatively close, ergo, Cool Ranch being the loot items' world of origin. Isn't that something?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
anecorbie on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
If you choose to grind that's your choice, all Trimond wants is a choice; If all of us were lucky in our drops there would be no need for SCC. I believe if the boss in question is a difficult and long instance and drops unique gear then a SCC gives those who can't farm ( or those who don't wish to ) an option. As Fiorenza pointed out - why should it bother you if someone gets their gear from fighting or SCC? And even so an SCC is not guaranteed to give up that exclusive loot.
Exactly. Thanks for these words. SCCs doesn't bother anyone at all. They're around to provide Pirates a choice to grind to get the unique boss loot they were looking for.