Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Grant Medusa a Second Chance Chest, please

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy!

Facing the monstrous Gorgon, Medusa in Illios' Cavern of the Gorgon in Aquila was challenging & fun, but I have noticed that she's a boss who doesn't have a Second Chance Chest.

Ratbeard, the usual survey is presented for Medusa to have a Second Chance Chest before considering to grant her a SCC, & it's filled out as follows...

1. Is the boss in question at the end of a long instance? Surely, she is fought after we defeat the Bone Snakes in that instance, so, yes, she is at the end of that reasonably long instance. Check!

2. Does the boss in question have unique loot? I've read that she has her own weapon drop named after her, Medusa's Blades, & that properly counts to be her own unique loot, one that is one of the powerful weapons to get, so, yes, she does have unique loot! Check!

That's the survey for Medusa to receive a Second Chance Chest. Hope you can grant her a SCC sometime soon.

Thanks again for listening!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Mar 16, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

Facing the monstrous Gorgon, Medusa in Illios' Cavern of the Gorgon in Aquila was challenging & fun, but I have noticed that she's a boss who doesn't have a Second Chance Chest.

Ratbeard, the usual survey is presented for Medusa to have a Second Chance Chest before considering to grant her a SCC, & it's filled out as follows...

1. Is the boss in question at the end of a long instance? Surely, she is fought after we defeat the Bone Snakes in that instance, so, yes, she is at the end of that reasonably long instance. Check!

2. Does the boss in question have unique loot? I've read that she has her own weapon drop named after her, Medusa's Blades, & that properly counts to be her own unique loot, one that is one of the powerful weapons to get, so, yes, she does have unique loot! Check!

That's the survey for Medusa to receive a Second Chance Chest. Hope you can grant her a SCC sometime soon.

Thanks again for listening!
I agree in this, she deserves a SCC.
1. She isn't at an end of a long instance, but that instance is very difficult and may result in at least one companion on "bed rest".
2. She not only has a weapon named after her but also an eye patch.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 16, 2015 wrote:
I agree in this, she deserves a SCC.
1. She isn't at an end of a long instance, but that instance is very difficult and may result in at least one companion on "bed rest".
2. She not only has a weapon named after her but also an eye patch.
If you ask me, there are very little eye patches that give out stat boosts, like damage & health, especially since there are hardly any level 65+ eye patches. I mean, I like the ones we do have right now, but I feel that there should be some more new eye patches added to the bosses' & enemies' loot tables, especially max level eye patches.

Nevertheless, Medusa gaining a SCC would provide Pirates a choice to grind to get the unique boss loot they wish to obtain, & the more SCCs gets added to bosses that don't have them, the more choices to grind said bosses to get their unique boss loot gets provided to Pirates.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
I can see her having a second chance chest but I don't know if its the end of "long distance". Medusa should be able to drop so cool gear.

Ensign
Jan 03, 2013
i agree also i'd love those blades for my privy plus she has an eyepatch and the gorgoniean thing

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I don't think it's long enough to have a second chance chest. There is only one fight before her.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Medusa's Venom Eyepatch ( privateer class only ) +102 health, grants Assassin's Mist.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
DuranteRamses87 on Mar 17, 2015 wrote:
I don't think it's long enough to have a second chance chest. There is only one fight before her.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Getting to Chumba Wumba at the Waponi Wu Volcano was decently long enough, and that, other than his decently good unique loot drops, didn't stop him from receiving his Second Chance Chest before they were introduced.