Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Grant English Bill a Second Chance Chest, please

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy!

Listen, after defeating English Bill in Cool Ranch's Boot Hill, the second battle against him onboard his ship, I remembered that he doesn't have a Second Chance Chest after his second battle, given that he's Book 7's last boss & all, even though we truly don't fight him in the Silver Stallion the first time we met him there, on account that he fled during that first encounter.

Ratbeard, once again, the survey for English Bill to have a SCC added is presented & filled out in that order...

1) Is the boss in question at the end of a long instance? Sure enough that his second battle is at the end of a reasonably long instance, even though the boss is fought twice in Boot Hill, so, yes, he is. Check!

2) Does the boss in question have unique loot? Well, English Bill does have his own items named after him, that is to say, English Bill's Hat, English Bill's Jacket, & English Bill's Boots, & they all count as his unique loot items, so, yes, he does have unique loot! Check!

That's the survey filled out. Hope the Duck of Death gets his Second Chance Chest added sometime soon!

Thanks again for listening!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Well, to be honest, his own hat, jacket & boots that are named after him are the ones that all count as unique loot in his loot table, & some lower-level Pirates have been trying to farm English Bill to get his unique loot. Such unique boss loot can be difficult to obtain through normal ways, & him having a Second Chance Chest would provide Pirates the option to get the loot in his loot table they were looking for.

Remember how Rooke had his SCC after his second battle in the Victory of the Wreck before? Giving English Bill his Second Chance Chest after his second battle at Boot Hill is more likely the same thing.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Feb 21, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

Listen, after defeating English Bill in Cool Ranch's Boot Hill, the second battle against him onboard his ship, I remembered that he doesn't have a Second Chance Chest after his second battle, given that he's Book 7's last boss & all, even though we truly don't fight him in the Silver Stallion the first time we met him there, on account that he fled during that first encounter.

Ratbeard, once again, the survey for English Bill to have a SCC added is presented & filled out in that order...

1) Is the boss in question at the end of a long instance? Sure enough that his second battle is at the end of a reasonably long instance, even though the boss is fought twice in Boot Hill, so, yes, he is. Check!

2) Does the boss in question have unique loot? Well, English Bill does have his own items named after him, that is to say, English Bill's Hat, English Bill's Jacket, & English Bill's Boots, & they all count as his unique loot items, so, yes, he does have unique loot! Check!

That's the survey filled out. Hope the Duck of Death gets his Second Chance Chest added sometime soon!

Thanks again for listening!
No, sorry I disagree over #1 ( unless you're including the ship battles before you enter the Cemetery of Boot Hill ). but otherwise, that battle is short and easy, even the ship battle with the fires is reasonably easy.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Besides he drops a boss chest for both encounters, so it's like getting a SCC without spending the crowns. Truly sorry, he doesn't need one.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
It would be interesting to see this but i cant agree with #1 There is only 2 fights so not really but they should give him some good gear.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ryanbold2 on Mar 2, 2015 wrote:
It would be interesting to see this but i cant agree with #1 There is only 2 fights so not really but they should give him some good gear.
Boot Hill regularly takes 30 minutes or so to finish, & they are reasonably tough to low level pirates. His own clothing named after him counts to be some good boss gear, & believe me, such boss gear like English Bill's can be difficult to obtain. If you believe that dungeon isn't long to you, why not throw in an Armada ship to make it slightly longer before our second battle with him? Deacon was there with English Bill, & no doubt he may have brought Armada troops with him to help Bill interrogate Tonka as their hostage to spill information about Captain Blood's location of Clark's stolen Map Piece of Marco Pollo's El Dorado. Although we don't face him truly until we get to the Motherlode Mine, he may send troops to try to stop the Pirates from rescuing Tonka & defeating English Bill in Boot Hill's dark skies.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If you want to add more to the battle, then you have just proven that English Bill doesn't fulfill requirement #1 of the SCC survey. In fact for the big, bad Boss of Cool Ranch, Bill is supremely easy to beat. First he's level 23 and his goons run from level 21 to level 23 also. By the time a pirate goes to face Bill he/she is easily level 25 - 30. The first fight requires you to "Defeat All Enemies", but the second fight is "Destroy All Barrels" & "Defeat English Bill" this is ridiculously easy for the pirate!
As to whether Bill drops his unique gear as easily, I have no information about that.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 3, 2015 wrote:
If you want to add more to the battle, then you have just proven that English Bill doesn't fulfill requirement #1 of the SCC survey. In fact for the big, bad Boss of Cool Ranch, Bill is supremely easy to beat. First he's level 23 and his goons run from level 21 to level 23 also. By the time a pirate goes to face Bill he/she is easily level 25 - 30. The first fight requires you to "Defeat All Enemies", but the second fight is "Destroy All Barrels" & "Defeat English Bill" this is ridiculously easy for the pirate!
As to whether Bill drops his unique gear as easily, I have no information about that.
I thought that adding in a battle against the Clockwork Armada troops in-between the 1st & 2nd battles of English Bill in that dungeon would extend the dungeon a bit, though, if you don't want to add in another battle in-between Bill's battles, that's OK with me.

Just know that Boot Hill is still a major dungeon, not a minor dungeon, even if it does contain recurring battles against one boss. The difference between major dungeons & minor dungeons is that major dungeons have instance quests, while minor dungeons don't.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but, I have faced bosses in their own minor dungeons in W101, the ones that have one battle that mostly consist a boss creature, & I have seen these bosses have SCCs appearing after their defeats in their minor dungeons, like The Harvest Lord in Triton Avenue, General Akilles in Cyclops Lane, Lord Nightshade in Haunted Cave, & Prince Gobblestone in Colossus Blvd. in Wizard City, & Cipactli in Tierra de Brea & Belloq in Twin Giants in Azteca, & they have their SCCs not because of their only battles, it's because they have unique boss loot drops set for different levels Wizards have been getting. I've gotten some of their unique items before after facing these bosses, & easy or difficult to get, they were a thrill to fight.

I believe I have some evidence of English Bill's unique loot drops, for he has his own clothes named after him, that is to say, English Bill's Hat, English Bill's Jacket, & English Bill's Boots. Not only that, he also drops his own unique weapon called Deathdealers, & they're all made for Pirates that are level 20 & above. They all count towards his unique boss loot drops.

I don't want to disagree with your or something like it, but I still think English Bill still deserves his SCC after winning the second battle against him because of his good unique boss loot in his loot table.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Beyond the fact that he drops his own boss gear, he doesn't fit the criteria necessary for a SCC. There are many bosses who drop rare and named boss gear who don't have a SCC.
I'm waiting for a chance to farm Captain Swing, I hope they bring him back so I can. Cadmus also has unique boss gear and no SCC. I'll point out that Swing and Cadmus are connected to promo quests, and English Bill isn't, but like Swing and Cadmus, his instance is very short and not difficult for that level.
He has two boss chests, and what's more he's the easiest of any boss to get his gear; in a four hour farming session I got his complete outfit ( not his guns, but I didn't care about those ).
I only wish Captain Blood dropped his gear as easily. There you will notice why KI has given Blood a SCC and not Bill.
It would be a bad idea to lengthen Bill's instance when it's followed immediately by the Mausoleum of the De La Vegas, and all the travel and fights leading up to it.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 26, 2015 wrote:
Beyond the fact that he drops his own boss gear, he doesn't fit the criteria necessary for a SCC. There are many bosses who drop rare and named boss gear who don't have a SCC.
I'm waiting for a chance to farm Captain Swing, I hope they bring him back so I can. Cadmus also has unique boss gear and no SCC. I'll point out that Swing and Cadmus are connected to promo quests, and English Bill isn't, but like Swing and Cadmus, his instance is very short and not difficult for that level.
He has two boss chests, and what's more he's the easiest of any boss to get his gear; in a four hour farming session I got his complete outfit ( not his guns, but I didn't care about those ).
I only wish Captain Blood dropped his gear as easily. There you will notice why KI has given Blood a SCC and not Bill.
It would be a bad idea to lengthen Bill's instance when it's followed immediately by the Mausoleum of the De La Vegas, and all the travel and fights leading up to it.
I can still point out that there isn't a boss in Book 7 that has a Second Chance Chest, for the moment being. I've been through it before. I felt that Bill would have one because he is Book 7's last boss. If there would be a new boss in the De La Vegas Mausoleum to take his place as Book 7's last boss, wouldn't that be a surprise?

How easy or difficult to get unique boss loot depends. Some may get lucky, others, not so lucky. The odds of these aren't always the same.

Well, sure he does have boss chests after winning each of those battles with him, but I was just stating that his SCC should only appear after his second battle, not the first, almost kind of like how Rooke got his SCC, & it sort of counts to be a boss encounter, even if it is to be a recurring one after the first in an instance. Don't get me wrong or something like that.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
If some of you don't remember his unique gear drops, he's got his own hat, jacket & boots named after him, as well as his own unique weapons, the Deathdealers. He's the only one who drops these unique items, even if he's fought twice in Boot Hill. I know some may not agree, but I still think he should have his SCC added for after his second fight, like Rooke did before. I can't think of any other reason why he shouldn't, even if I would have to switch to a different survey to do it.