Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Going down for maintenance

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 11, 2010
I get maintenance needs to be done but onli giving 15mins notice is so not kewl. Alot of quests take up to 45 mins if you are doing them solo and there is nothing more frustrating then getting halfway thru and copping a notice that in 15 mins server is going down for maintenance. Correct me if im wrong but it use to be 45mins notice which was good because for the most part ppl could complete quests or not commit to starting them to begin with. Just giving 15mins notice doesnt allow for either of those options. Cant speak for anyone else but this is the third time in the last 2 weeks i have been caught halfway thru a quest with maintenance and i have to go back and do it all over again. Could we plz go back to giving a decent ammount of notice when server needs to go down for maintenance.

Ensign
Jun 25, 2009
In fact they did give advanced notice, when I first opened the game window to play 3 hours before maintenance. But since some people have been playing all day I can understand that there should be a more advanced warning in the game itself. Just in the last round of maintenance, I had to hurry and finish a battle before it went down with only a couple minutes to spare. Luckily I made it out just when the clock struck down to zero.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
When you first sign in, there is usually a statement about doing maintenance in the sign in window.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The problem is, if you have been playing for a few hours, yes some of us do this, you will not see the new warning. Having the 45 minute warning put back will allow us to not plan a big dungeon and let us decide to work on smaller stuff. And it will allow us to have the time we need to finish most dungeons that we may be currently in.

Ensign
Apr 11, 2010
Okay so let me clarify my position. I am talking about being ingame and in the middle of a quest when getting 15min maintenance notice, it use to be if i remember correctly a 45min notice and it needs to be changed back to that so that ppl have the time to finish when in the middle of a quest or as said previously not start one to begin with.

Administrator
Thank you all for your feedback. I'll make sure it's forwarded along.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
Thank you all for your feedback. I'll make sure it's forwarded along.
You take good care of us Jack. Thank you.

Ensign
Apr 11, 2010