Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Giving the pirates you create, voices.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 23, 2011
Hi, so far I think the game is great I like how many of your companions speak and interact with each other. I was wondering you guys could create some sort of feature that allows your pirate girl or boy to speak as well and interact with their crew. I've always wondered what my pirate girl would sound like if she could talk. Maybe you can get some male actors to do boy voices and female actors to do girl voices. Something that I think would give the game more of an edge.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I've been wishing for this feature to be added to the game... but don't hold your breath. I would love to see it, but I've seen a post made by... Blind Mew, I think, where he said there will be no voices added to our characters (somewhat to that extent), because each person has their own personal voice for their pirate...

I still wish they would add voices, though

Ensign
Nov 23, 2011
Well yeah, but I mean't like during quests, when characters are having conversations between each other. I don't mean like talk 24/7 while you're moving and dueling.

For example, your character will be silent when in battle or moving around. But when being given a quest, they will speak a little.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
WinterTundra2 on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Well yeah, but I mean't like during quests, when characters are having conversations between each other. I don't mean like talk 24/7 while you're moving and dueling.

For example, your character will be silent when in battle or moving around. But when being given a quest, they will speak a little.
That's what I meant... lol

Ensign
Apr 03, 2013
LOVE the idea. Kingsile better do this to get more players!

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
yes yes YES! i have thought about this for a long time... so yea i was thinking three girl actors and three boy actors after the update (if there is gonna be one) when you use you pirate you computer will select one of the three voices! what do you think?

Petty Officer
Jul 12, 2013
Maybe you can speak and you can use your own voice. Toby lvl51

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Tagman5 on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
Maybe you can speak and you can use your own voice. Toby lvl51
As awesome as this would be (and I would truly love to have this!) it would be really difficult to make each of our characters have our own voices. It will also be a little difficult for me to hear my own voice come out of my character -- my character has a silky voice, whereas I have a deeper voice than most of my age and gender. Also, you and I would probably say different things. For example, when Old Scratch said "I and I did not see that coming." I actually said aloud, "Neither did I." You, on the other hand, may have said something else or nothing at all. It would involve a MASSIVE amount of coding and time, taking our KI creators' attention away from the storyline and onto our voices. I would personally love to hear my character's voice, but I don't believe this will happen.

~Elizabeth, level 44 ~

Captain
May 13, 2011
the only way that would be added is recording the voice yourself. KI doesnt know how you talk or behave

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Im gonna say how h my voice is to determin what my pirate's voice is because really silver joseph vane is the same as me just from a diffrient universe,history and career choices. and i will do it by the voice level from low to high
as high as a chipmunk
Pikmin/insect with voice
female ghost
regular kid.
regular person around 11-13-me
adult
british person
black person
male ghost
satan

Petty Officer
Jun 17, 2013
maybe you record yourself when you start playing

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
I love the idea, maybe it could be based off where you grew up in. My main character grew up in Mooshu, so maybe it could have a Mooshu-like accent. Of course, the boy and the girl voices would be different. I love it, love it, love it!!!!!! But KI hands are probably full right now with adding new updates. People think it wouldn't take long, but try making a game with voices( not for the character ) AND graphics as good as the ones in pirate 101!!!