Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Give Deacon a Second Chance Chest (take 2)

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy there!

Now, I do apologize for bringing this up again, but I've done some thinking & reading, & now, I'm certain I'm ready to ask you once again to give Deacon in Cool Ranch's Motherlode Mine his Second Chance Chest after his defeat, & this time, I've got the proof you need in this SCC survey, Ratbeard! Hear this well.

1. Is the boss in question the end of a long instance? Sure enough that he is at the end of a reasonably long instance for level 35+ Pirates, so, yes, he is. Check!

2. Does the boss in question have unique loot? I've done a little reading about his unique loot drops, this time, & found out that there is unique loot Deacon drops. The Dragon Mountain Sugegasa & the Warring Province Helmet do count as Deacon's unique loot drops, if some of you Pirates don't remember what unique loot Deacon drops after farming him again. The proof has been delivered, so, now, this time... YES! He does have unique loot! Check!

That's the SCC survey filled out for this request! Now, I hope you can grant Deacon a Second Chance Chest sometime soon.

Thank you once again for listening!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy there!

Now, I do apologize for bringing this up again, but I've done some thinking & reading, & now, I'm certain I'm ready to ask you once again to give Deacon in Cool Ranch's Motherlode Mine his Second Chance Chest after his defeat, & this time, I've got the proof you need in this SCC survey, Ratbeard! Hear this well.

1. Is the boss in question the end of a long instance? Sure enough that he is at the end of a reasonably long instance for level 35+ Pirates, so, yes, he is. Check!

2. Does the boss in question have unique loot? I've done a little reading about his unique loot drops, this time, & found out that there is unique loot Deacon drops. The Dragon Mountain Sugegasa & the Warring Province Helmet do count as Deacon's unique loot drops, if some of you Pirates don't remember what unique loot Deacon drops after farming him again. The proof has been delivered, so, now, this time... YES! He does have unique loot! Check!

That's the SCC survey filled out for this request! Now, I hope you can grant Deacon a Second Chance Chest sometime soon.

Thank you once again for listening!
Sorry, he does not fulfill requirement #1 his is the only battle in that dungeon, and the part leading up to that dramatic confrontation is incredibly short.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
Sorry, he does not fulfill requirement #1 his is the only battle in that dungeon, and the part leading up to that dramatic confrontation is incredibly short.
You know, I faced him the first time I went into Motherlode Mine, and that battle with Deacon is considered reasonably long enough for Pirates at level 35. That battle did take about 30 minutes or so to defeat him, even with other lower-level Pirates, you know. It's true. Besides, he was waiting for the perfect moment to have his battle with us Pirates after we have done whatever it took to clear our obstacles in order to get Clark's stolen piece of Marco Pollo's Map that Captain Blood took.

Some final boss confrontations with unique loot drops in W101 are merely battles in one singular chamber in some instances, but this doesn't mean they don't have their SCCs. Remember Lord Nightshade, the Harvest Lord, & General Akilles in Wizard City? They have SCCs, even though their boss confrontations are short, but they're final bosses in the zones of Haunted Cave, Triton Avenue, & Cyclops Lane, & their battles are considerably reasonably long enough for low-level Wizards in Wizard City & they have their unique loot drops to even consider them receiving SCCs. Even Prince Gobblestone in Colossus Blvd. got his SCC, some time after Avalon's launch.

Plus, he is Book 10's last boss & I'm still bored of waiting for the latest story update to come, not just including new bosses that do, or don't, have SCCs, so I'm seeking something to keep myself out of boredom for a while.

Developer
Those are not unique loot drops.

You can almost always count on bosses' unique loot being named after the boss (eg, Deacon's Fantastic Face Towel) or at least something relatively close (Armada Swagger Stick).

(No, those are not real items. For if they were, they'd be in a second chance chest.)

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ratbeard on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
Those are not unique loot drops.

You can almost always count on bosses' unique loot being named after the boss (eg, Deacon's Fantastic Face Towel) or at least something relatively close (Armada Swagger Stick).

(No, those are not real items. For if they were, they'd be in a second chance chest.)
Aw... DRATS! I looked at Deacon's page on the P101Central Wiki & thought I would find some item in his table that counts to be Deacon's unique loot so he could give his Second Chance Chest, & the items I presented as proof doesn't count as real items? Aw, darn it! Did somebody forgot to update his drops on that page? I think someone did. Well... this bums me out... just not too much. I'm sorry, Ratbeard. I thought I found some proof on that. Now I know that these items I spoke of are non-existent loot items. I guess they were from beta or something & were removed at some point or other. Well, I did say that his shattered mask would be his unique furniture drop added to his table. Would be nice to see Deacon's mask shattered from too much damage to have as a housing item... or maybe his own spark guns he used before... those would be good unique loot drops for Deacon.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
Has anybody ever thought about giving deacon special loot? Also Deacon was our true enemy before we knew about kane. You give a second chance chest to a shrimp (Prawn) but not the armada's spymaster. Maybe you could extend the dungeon add one more fight or something. Think about it ......

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ryanbold2 on Feb 13, 2015 wrote:
Has anybody ever thought about giving deacon special loot? Also Deacon was our true enemy before we knew about kane. You give a second chance chest to a shrimp (Prawn) but not the armada's spymaster. Maybe you could extend the dungeon add one more fight or something. Think about it ......
There are his guns... maybe they could work as Deacon's unique weapon loot drop... would be interesting to get his weapons. Honestly, in my excitement through each update, I didn't think of giving him unique loot before. D'OH! Should have done that right from the start. How forgetful of me to do that. I'll do that sometime soon. However, as for the P101Central Wiki contributors out there, there's some revision work for you to do. We can't have misinformed information on loot drops left untouched.

From the game's beta, & a few months after it went live, we thought that Deacon was the true enemy, however, as we got to a particular quest, we find out that Kane is the true main villain in the first arc, not Deacon, so the tutorial got changed in our first major story update. Had Cool Ranch been left as the recent world before MooShu got into the game at launch, he would have been the game's cliffhanger boss. Thank goodness MooShu got into Pirate101 before launch.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yes, people have been asking why our first battle with an Elite yields no unique drops. While in Valencia ( where we don't even fight Phule ) Phule has unique drops. Deacon could easily drop gear unique to him as his clothes, that cane or his amazing spark shooter ( which has a Barrage power ).

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
You mean like one last round against Captain Blood's undead crew after his ghost fleet was decimated? That could do well... if there's enough room in that dungeon for an additional mob fight. If so, where would that take place before the battle against Deacon?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Feb 13, 2015 wrote:
Yes, people have been asking why our first battle with an Elite yields no unique drops. While in Valencia ( where we don't even fight Phule ) Phule has unique drops. Deacon could easily drop gear unique to him as his clothes, that cane or his amazing spark shooter ( which has a Barrage power ).
Yeah... you do have a point on that. I did wonder how our battle with Deacon doesn't yield unique drops, right now. I thought he did after looking at one of the P101Central Wiki pages about his loot drops, but I guess I got misinformed. That's... a little disturbing, to say the least. Maybe he should have unique drops added to his table so that he will properly receive a Second Chance Chest. Honestly, his loot table appears to be a little dry on unique items, other than just gold, so I say his guns should be his unique loot drop.

To be accurate, the Servus Commanders in the Bruno Chapel have unique drops (though the instance could still use more story, improvements on our first encounter with Phule, new chambers & some bosses there), so we don't really fight Phule yet. We will, though... someday.