Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gallant Defense Upgrades!: Stages 2 and 3

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
Gallant Defense, in my opinion, has a very nice concept. Unfortunately, due to some early glitches, risking playing, and just little use in battle, it's rarely used in battle (from what I can see any way). Yet, I think it should get 2 new power upgrades in the future as updates come out. I thought of these possible ideas:

Noble Protection

-Intercept attacks directed at all allies. +25% Dodgy
Lasts for 10 Rouds.
(Currently, Gallant Defense only Gaurds when enemies are in front of you as in they are on the enemy and nuetral ground, but when enemies are on your side, it will not activate. Noble Protection bypasses this)

Couragious Stand

-Intercept attacks directed at all allies +50% Dodgy +25% Armor and Resistance
Lasts for 10 Rounds.
(Has the same effects as Noble Protection).

Tell what you think!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Finnigan, I like your ideas! I use gallant defense a lot, mostly to protect injured companions or allies (true, it may seem silly to say "Hey, you over there! With the ugly hat! [they all have ugly hats] Bet you can't get me!" and draw all the enemies' ire, but it is what D'Artagnan would do, no?"). But I am often dismayed when the enemy steps around me to successfully hit one of my protected companions. I would indeed like to more effectively protect the companions standing right next to me. Having a bonus dodge would be very nice. After all, gallant defense not infrequently ends rather badly... (Anne dizzily comes to, her face smooshed in the dirt where she fell, and Bonnie Anne saying gently "Captain, maybe you were being a wee bit overprotective..."

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
I like this idea a lot too! I use Gallant Defense to protect companions like Sarah Steele because she has low hp, good damage, and the enemies only want to attacl HER. I think having improved defense powers would help everyone on my team (including me). the only thing i might want to see that you don't have already is maybe protecting a bigger radius than just adjacent allies. cool!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
Finnigan, I like your ideas! I use gallant defense a lot, mostly to protect injured companions or allies (true, it may seem silly to say "Hey, you over there! With the ugly hat! [they all have ugly hats] Bet you can't get me!" and draw all the enemies' ire, but it is what D'Artagnan would do, no?"). But I am often dismayed when the enemy steps around me to successfully hit one of my protected companions. I would indeed like to more effectively protect the companions standing right next to me. Having a bonus dodge would be very nice. After all, gallant defense not infrequently ends rather badly... (Anne dizzily comes to, her face smooshed in the dirt where she fell, and Bonnie Anne saying gently "Captain, maybe you were being a wee bit overprotective..."

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Ahh Anne, I can always count on an unexpected giggle from you ( hmm total oxymoron there ) . Thank you.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I like the idea of this too. I find Gallant defense a useful tactic, and not just to defend injured crew. If El Toro or a privateer has cast a critical hit and accuracy boost and you cast Shadow dance, this epic can be an offensive move. You dodge their attacks and go epic on reposte. Sometimes it does feel risky, adding more dodge and accuracy sounds good for the risk you are taking using it with the attacks hitting you in the upper worlds.

Ensign
Sep 02, 2012
Their needs to be rank 4 which should be in the level 100s But I have a good name for the rank 4

Iron Phalanx:

It guards players in a 5x5 area and have a 75% Dodgy and 50% Increased armor and resist if the ranged people attempt to shoot another guy in the Phalanx range but the phalanx caster is far from the shooter their turn will automaticlly end with no attack

Chase

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Calamity Finch on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
I like the idea of this too. I find Gallant defense a useful tactic, and not just to defend injured crew. If El Toro or a privateer has cast a critical hit and accuracy boost and you cast Shadow dance, this epic can be an offensive move. You dodge their attacks and go epic on reposte. Sometimes it does feel risky, adding more dodge and accuracy sounds good for the risk you are taking using it with the attacks hitting you in the upper worlds.
Great tip. Thank you . My up and coming level 20 swashbuckler will have such an easier time now with all this wisdom you guys are sharing and I truly appreciate it.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
GD needs to up grade because it killed me this morn