Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Froggo Villa

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I have noticed that Froggo is much quieter than many other crew members. I wondered why and began looking closer at Froggo. What is under that coat? Is that a brown leather skirt? I would love to see Froggo get a promotion quest in the future. I want to know why she ran away from home and took a disguise to be a bandit in macho Cool Ranch. I would like to learn Froggo's story as I help promote her followed by the big reveal in the cellar and I see under the mask. Is she a run away Troggie? A local girl toad? Something totally unexpected?

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Calamity Finch on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:
I have noticed that Froggo is much quieter than many other crew members. I wondered why and began looking closer at Froggo. What is under that coat? Is that a brown leather skirt? I would love to see Froggo get a promotion quest in the future. I want to know why she ran away from home and took a disguise to be a bandit in macho Cool Ranch. I would like to learn Froggo's story as I help promote her followed by the big reveal in the cellar and I see under the mask. Is she a run away Troggie? A local girl toad? Something totally unexpected?
Um ... I'm pretty sure Froggo Villa is a guy lol

Captain
May 02, 2009
Yeah, I'm 100% positive that Froggo Villa is a dude, but I would like to see him have promotions

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
How do you know he is a guy? The voice I heard didn't sound particularly male or female, unless that was changed. By the outfit, can't really tell either. I think on first look, people would guess male because most enemies in Cool ranch are. That's why I think it turning out to be a girl would be a funny surprise, because many wouldn't suspect it. I know there was a famous bandit with a similar name who was a man, but Froggo Villa doesn't look much like him either.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
i must say that when it comes to froggo its hard to say if its a girl or a boy since sometimes he sounds like a guy and sometimes he sounds like a girl... its a mysterious companion!

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Calamity Finch on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:
How do you know he is a guy? The voice I heard didn't sound particularly male or female, unless that was changed. By the outfit, can't really tell either. I think on first look, people would guess male because most enemies in Cool ranch are. That's why I think it turning out to be a girl would be a funny surprise, because many wouldn't suspect it. I know there was a famous bandit with a similar name who was a man, but Froggo Villa doesn't look much like him either.
How can we ever know what he is? he's wearing a mask. I still think he's a guy, but yeah i agree on promotion.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
As VinnyD6 and AstroStorm say, with the mask and voice, we can't really tell. I think whatever Froggo is, it seems like a brown leather skirt, or a brown kilt for those of you convinced he is a guy, is peeking from under the coat. I think we agree she or he is a cool crewmember whom we would like to see get a quest and more good powers. I've head some people saying they wish there were more girl crew available. That is another reason I think Froggo turning out to be a girl would be good.

There are a lot of banditoads running around Cool Ranch, even ones with bad looking wigs. Where do they come from? Has anyone seen a girl banditoad yet? There must be some, but I haven't seen any. Or have I?

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Calamity Finch on Apr 19, 2013 wrote:
As VinnyD6 and AstroStorm say, with the mask and voice, we can't really tell. I think whatever Froggo is, it seems like a brown leather skirt, or a brown kilt for those of you convinced he is a guy, is peeking from under the coat. I think we agree she or he is a cool crewmember whom we would like to see get a quest and more good powers. I've head some people saying they wish there were more girl crew available. That is another reason I think Froggo turning out to be a girl would be good.

There are a lot of banditoads running around Cool Ranch, even ones with bad looking wigs. Where do they come from? Has anyone seen a girl banditoad yet? There must be some, but I haven't seen any. Or have I?
At this point, let's just agree to disagree. I still think it's a guy cause I sure in a quest it said "he." If you can do research on the quests that lead up to it, and find in the dialogue, and if Froggo Villa's name comes up and they say "he" or "him" as in defeat him, then we already know the answer. But honestly, I'm pretty sure we are going to see more female companions as Book 13+. No real need to turn the maybe's (ok the animal companions are you're choice) into definate girls.

Anyway to the major point here: Froggo Villa getting a promotion. Honestly, I think they're already on it. He'll just see his later.

Ensign
Dec 03, 2010
Since Froggo Villa is modeled after the real life mexican revolutionary Francisco "Pancho" Villa, it's safe to assume that Froggo is a guy. I do think he is a bit quiet, which is interesting because the real Pancho was quite a showman (he actually let people film his battles). To me it would make more sense if he was a little bit less quiet and talked a bit more. I wouldn't mind hearing what he has to say

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
That voice is very masculine considering the accent he has.

Also I don't see what people are calling a skirt. I see some very baggy pants.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I think there might have been some changes made to Froggo's voice. It was quiet and neither really masculine or feminine sounding. In the beginning it was very hard to tell what he was wearing and it did seem more like a skirt to me. They might have been fine tuning this character since then.

Captain
May 02, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Apr 19, 2013 wrote:
At this point, let's just agree to disagree. I still think it's a guy cause I sure in a quest it said "he." If you can do research on the quests that lead up to it, and find in the dialogue, and if Froggo Villa's name comes up and they say "he" or "him" as in defeat him, then we already know the answer. But honestly, I'm pretty sure we are going to see more female companions as Book 13+. No real need to turn the maybe's (ok the animal companions are you're choice) into definate girls.

Anyway to the major point here: Froggo Villa getting a promotion. Honestly, I think they're already on it. He'll just see his later.
I hate having to rain on your parade, but I doubt Froggo Villa is going to get a promotion anytime soon. As most of you may know, when a companion promotes they get a new outfit, maybe a new power, an additional Epic and a new attack animation. When Swashbucklers receive Froggo Villa, he already has 3 attack animations. So if he does promote, it most likely won't be until we're near the story's end.

Ensign
Sep 29, 2010
Actually Froggo has a mexican accent. I've heard many mexican guys have one matching his accent. He sounds like a teenager considering how high pitched his voice is. But yes I agree on him having a promotion. Probably him getting a eloquently designed coat with your pirate crest on his back. And instead of one knife he wields 2.
And his ability could be the one you learn that attacks all enemies in a circular raduis.

Ensign
Dec 08, 2012
Well, I' am not sure if Froggo Villa is part of the story line quests but even if he is I would call him one of those "lazy" companions where their just companions just to appease you until you recieve a new companion."Lazy" companions are generally not that good in spite of the other main story companions and thus doesn't really deserve a role in having promotion quests. Perhaps, he could still have a promotion but just pay gold instead of doing a quest for him. Again, I' am not sure if he is a main story companion so don't be mad at me if I' am wrong.

Ensign
May 07, 2013
I don't think we're supposed to know if Froggo is a dude or a chick. The first time the character is referenced, Froggo is called "he". But the voice does have more of a female pitch.

I think it's just one of those things you decide for yourself. Unless KI comes up with something that makes it definite ...

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
Yes Froggo Villa is a guy... It's a masculine name..
Also, he is a salamander

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
How do you know Froggo's a salamander? Or that he's male and not female? S/he's wearing a mask, and we all know how masks work in Pirate101!

If Froggo were a female, and hiding that fact from her macho froggy minions, then she would use a male-sounding name and pitch her voice deep...

I think of Froggo as male, but you never know.

-Indigo

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
I'd very well bet that Froggo Villa is a guy, but I would enjoy seeing him have a promotion quest in the future. He's a very cool side companion in the vein of the Unicorn duelist and the Magnificent Seven. Very snazzy, I might say.