Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

For Ratbeard: Compliments Suggestions and A bug.

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
Recently I came back into the game for a brief period to play on my buccaneer and do some of the smugglers arena.

Compliments
-Glad to see the vengeance strike order issue has been resolved
-I've noticed enemies are targeting my buccaneer more than ever suggesting that the threat has finally been adjusted to a relevant level. Thank you.

Suggestions
-Buccaneers while one of the best classes in PvP suffers in PvE mainly because it has so few ways to protect companions. A buccaneers main companion protection is hold the line and using his own body as a shield .This requires constant movement and defensive buffs. As a result the buccaneer constantly has to make choices between moving or using one of said defensive buffs which leaves either the buccaneer or the companions prone to excess damage.

My suggestion is to modify the leviathans call line of defensive buffs to become the first defensive powers that allow you to move then cast the power. In other words you would add a movement range to these powers(x1) the pirate would move and then the power would activate much like attacks currently function. This would allow the buccaneer to more easily use theit unique companion protection method more easily in PvE while also having a negligible impact on PvP. This would also differentiate the leviathan's call sequence from the otherwise superior in every way-valors armor sequence.

Bug
I noticed while playing the arena that an enemy's quickdraw activated on my swashbuckler who used assassins shroud on said enemy. As assassins shroud is not a ranged attack I am curious as to why quickdraw activated(i suspect this is a bug).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 15, 2015 wrote:
Recently I came back into the game for a brief period to play on my buccaneer and do some of the smugglers arena.

Compliments
-I've noticed enemies are targeting my buccaneer more than ever suggesting that the threat has finally been adjusted to a relevant level. Thank you.

Suggestions
-Buccaneers while one of the best classes in PvP suffers in PvE mainly because it has so few ways to protect companions. A buccaneers main companion protection is hold the line and using his own body as a shield .This requires constant movement and defensive buffs. As a result the buccaneer constantly has to make choices between moving or using one of said defensive buffs which leaves either the buccaneer or the companions prone to excess damage.

My suggestion is to modify the leviathans call line of defensive buffs to become the first defensive powers that allow you to move then cast the power. In other words you would add a movement range to these powers(x1) the pirate would move and then the power would activate much like attacks currently function. This would allow the buccaneer to more easily use theit unique companion protection method more easily in PvE while also having a negligible impact on PvP. This would also differentiate the leviathan's call sequence from the otherwise superior in every way-valors armor sequence.

Bug
I noticed while playing the arena that an enemy's quickdraw activated on my swashbuckler who used assassins shroud on said enemy. As assassins shroud is not a ranged attack I am curious as to why quickdraw activated(i suspect this is a bug).
I have also triggered a Quick Draw when using Gambit of Steel, only First strike should be triggered. It has also happened when I use Gunnery.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Learning to master time and space is the key to this game. You have come to realize that and that is the first step. Your skills are not inferior just different. Learn to adapt what you know and factor it into your choice of placement.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013

Compliments

Suggestions

Bug
PvE is extremely easy for any class with non bazaar gear, think of how it would affect pvp, bucks would instantly be the best class, able to advance and shield, they wouldn't need to vicious over, they could just assassin right off the bat with little prep time due to the very common highlands charge of every companion

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
zuto4011a on Mar 16, 2015 wrote:
PvE is extremely easy for any class with non bazaar gear, think of how it would affect pvp, bucks would instantly be the best class, able to advance and shield, they wouldn't need to vicious over, they could just assassin right off the bat with little prep time due to the very common highlands charge of every companion
Bucc's are already the best class under central PvP rules and arguably one of the top 2 in no rules PvP so this change to the power makes no difference to a buccaneer's standing in PvP. Furthermore while I agree with you that Pirate 101 PvE is generally easy buccaneer is the class that struggles the most in this aspect of the game. The movement is x1 not x2 so it is not comparable to a viscous charge's x2 movement range. Heck if a x1 movement is too much even a x0.5 movement (half your movement range) would be sufficient to significantly improve a buccaneer's ability to defend his team in PvE.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010

Compliments

Suggestions

Bug
About that bug

All of the attacks that hurt more than one enemy at a time appear to be considered either gun or staff attacks. (I don't know why). But I'm pretty sure that assassin's shroud is considered a "sneak attack", so did that enemy have Quick Draw 3?

Captain
Jul 16, 2014

Compliments

Suggestions

Bug
What weapon were you using when the issue with quickdraw happened?

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
Bonnie Anne on Mar 19, 2015 wrote:
What weapon were you using when the issue with quickdraw happened?
Hi there Bonnie Anne I was using the Moo Manchu staff of power swashbuckler version. On an off note is Ratbeard on vacation?