Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fizzling

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 02, 2009
One of the worst things about fizzling is that your attack could fizzle, but if it doesn't it still has a chance to miss the enemy. Its really a pain cause now Witchdoctors and Witchdoctor Companions now have twice the chance of missing than before.
Wicked Jack Deveraux
Hoodoo Guru

Community Leader
The chances of an attack hitting or missing are still the same, it's just called a different thing. What used to be Blocked or Dodged wand/staff attacks now look like Fizzles instead.

The only thing that changed was the animation.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Ensign
Dec 23, 2009
Sierra Starsong on Mar 28, 2013 wrote:
The chances of an attack hitting or missing are still the same, it's just called a different thing. What used to be Blocked or Dodged wand/staff attacks now look like Fizzles instead.

The only thing that changed was the animation.
? why am I still seeing enemies block and dodge if the animation changed?

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
CraZeeZee on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
Fizzles only appear if the initial hit fails. After that the normal dodge/block animation will be shown for any and all subsequent failed attacks (i.e. attacks that failed to hit after the initial hit landed), so there's that at least.

Administrator
CraZeeZee on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
You will only see blocks and dodging when Mojo Echo (not the original spell) fires since it targets a single, specific target and is not an AoE power.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*