Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fighting Ships and... the windlanes.

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
This is a trouble everyone dislikes. You fight an extremely hard ship that you almost kill and then it sails away because you just touched the tip of the gravitational pull of the windlane. I think that it should give you a warning saying "If you don't sail out of the windlane in ___ seconds, the enemy will escape." And then what happens later is pretty obvious. If you sail out, you can still fight. If you stay in, then it will flee.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Not another pop up window I hope. How many times has this happened to you...you leave the windlane to go to a specific destination and all a sudden a friend requests pops up blocking your view and as you try to get rid of it you hit an enemy in the skyway and are forced into an unwanted engagement......aw! That makes me say so many unsavory things.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
This is why I try to orient my ship parallel to the windlane, if I am close to it while in combat. That way, I don't accidentally back too far while trying to avoid being boarded.

Perhaps this tip will help others avoid the accidental cessation of hostilities? I don't think we need a popup warning.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Aye, just watch where your ship is. My opinion: all this back and forth and turning around of ships is poor tactics. Why are you afraid of being boarded? I have never been defeated by enemy boarders, even before the 'wounded ship- wounded enemy' addition!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Mar 9, 2015 wrote:
Aye, just watch where your ship is. My opinion: all this back and forth and turning around of ships is poor tactics. Why are you afraid of being boarded? I have never been defeated by enemy boarders, even before the 'wounded ship- wounded enemy' addition!
Me neither I actually board on purpose just for the fight. I was saying when your not fighting just trying to get somewhere and an unexpected pop-up window blocks your view and the windlane turns and you don't because you can't see and you run into a battle with a sky critter that you didn't want to waste time on. Actually I think our crew should suffer damage from enemy fire on ships too just like they do.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 9, 2015 wrote:
In my case, it's not fear of being boarded, it's just that I'd prefer to get the ship loot rather than individual loot at that point. Not to mention that getting boarded and having to do a shipboard battle takes another five minutes or so that I could be sinking another ship if I hadn't gotten caught. There's nothing wrong with maneuvering, so long as -- as you say -- you watch where your ship is.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
I know what you mean there should be a 5 second warning. there is no problem with being boarded its just it takes longer in most cases so I don't always feel like boarding unless I want to.