Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Factions?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
Hello, fellow marauders! I was wondering, what if there were factions in Pirate101? Like, if you joined ____faction, it would affect the storyline? This doesn't really make sense so far, does it?
An example- In Skyrim, a war is raging between two factions, an empire and a rebel faction. These are interactive, and the player can join either. The faction the player joins wins, and the winning side affects the overall plot (s) of the game. So, would it be cool if we could join factions such as the Frogfather's Syndicate or the Monquistion? I realize this would be a huge update in the slim chance this idea falls into a producers hands, but I want to know if people agree that this would be cool
Please note your ideas and/or seen flaws on this topic!
Duncan Quinn

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
dk4vision on Oct 7, 2015 wrote:
Hello, fellow marauders! I was wondering, what if there were factions in Pirate101? Like, if you joined ____faction, it would affect the storyline? This doesn't really make sense so far, does it?
An example- In Skyrim, a war is raging between two factions, an empire and a rebel faction. These are interactive, and the player can join either. The faction the player joins wins, and the winning side affects the overall plot (s) of the game. So, would it be cool if we could join factions such as the Frogfather's Syndicate or the Monquistion? I realize this would be a huge update in the slim chance this idea falls into a producers hands, but I want to know if people agree that this would be cool
Duncan Quinn
Veeeerrrrryy Interesting.

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
I may have interpreted this wrong, but that sounded a little sarcastic

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
dk4vision on Oct 7, 2015 wrote:
Duncan Quinn
Honestly at this rate I would just be happy if the story ever progressed. Problem in this game is the learning curve and how expensive it is to reset companions.

They need to make resetting companions cost gold for everyone not just members (I think that item alone drives away free players who WOULD spend money on crown stuff and pack and bundles and pvp...but see that and figure the game is trying to rip them off). The companions are massive part of the learning curve too especially if you wanna be competitive. Yes they lowered the price recently...but its still not enough. Since I have started doing pvp...I have reset my top 10 guys dozens of times. 10 x 12 x the 2000 something crowns it takes to reset them each time = 240,000 crowns. No one is paying that. I bought a membership for one month just so i can reset all my guys and canceling it later since I prefer to buy and thus own each area.

They also need to add a lot more trainers. In wizard101 diego pulls you aside a couple of times ON TOP of ambrose and the others yelling stuff in your ears in order to explain how buffs, shields, critical other things work. Here they need to really pull the pirates aside and go "ok this is how doubloons work, here is how cards work, buffs, anti buffs, how raising a companions will/agility/strength will help and effect things"...and so on. They also need one for ships. Simple things like how to drop anchor in the middle of the sky way and how to stop fighting in order to run around the ship and remove coins are two things that took me forever to figure out cause boochbeard never popped up.

Now dont get me wrong. I think this game is phenomenal!! I love playing it and the characters are a riot! I am in love with my crew and their cheeky personalities. I just wish the poor game had more funding and kids/families and such that like to play it as much as they do wizard.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
dk4vision on Oct 10, 2015 wrote:
I may have interpreted this wrong, but that sounded a little sarcastic
Oh no, not at all, it is as I said, interesting. I just don't know how it could be implemented or if it should be implemented.
There are so many 'things' currently causing divisions, I don't know if something with the potential to cause further divisions should be added.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thomas Sunhammer on Oct 10, 2015 wrote:
Honestly at this rate I would just be happy if the story ever progressed. Problem in this game is the learning curve and how expensive it is to reset companions.

They need to make resetting companions cost gold for everyone not just members (I think that item alone drives away free players who WOULD spend money on crown stuff and pack and bundles and pvp...but see that and figure the game is trying to rip them off). The companions are massive part of the learning curve too especially if you wanna be competitive. Yes they lowered the price recently...but its still not enough. Since I have started doing pvp...I have reset my top 10 guys dozens of times. 10 x 12 x the 2000 something crowns it takes to reset them each time = 240,000 crowns. No one is paying that. I bought a membership for one month just so i can reset all my guys and canceling it later since I prefer to buy and thus own each area.

They also need to add a lot more trainers. In wizard101 diego pulls you aside a couple of times ON TOP of ambrose and the others yelling stuff in your ears in order to explain how buffs, shields, critical other things work. Here they need to really pull the pirates aside and go "ok this is how doubloons work, here is how cards work, buffs, anti buffs, how raising a companions will/agility/strength will help and effect things"...and so on. They also need one for ships. Simple things like how to drop anchor in the middle of the sky way and how to stop fighting in order to run around the ship and remove coins are two things that took me forever to figure out cause boochbeard never popped up.

Now dont get me wrong. I think this game is phenomenal!! I love playing it and the characters are a riot! I am in love with my crew and their cheeky personalities. I just wish the poor game had more funding and kids/families and such that like to play it as much as they do wizard.
I completely agree about the need for a few more tutorials, in the first year of the game, when you had escaped from Deacon's ship, Boochbeard gave a tutorial on steering, fuel boost how to use the tab key and a few other basic ship facts.
This needs to be returned into the game - if not at the beginning, then when we get our first 'ship'.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Kingsisle has made it clear the factions are strictly prohibited in-game. The reason why is because it can exclude players, making them feel alone and for the reason they aren't really needed. However PVP Guilds could seem like a nice idea, even though I myself don't PVP much.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
TheHoodooQueen on Oct 11, 2015 wrote:
Kingsisle has made it clear the factions are strictly prohibited in-game. The reason why is because it can exclude players, making them feel alone and for the reason they aren't really needed. However PVP Guilds could seem like a nice idea, even though I myself don't PVP much.
Well I know that players form "clans" if you will. Which is kind of like that. But as far as changing the story line of the game and all that. I think it might be a little too much work for KI.

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
TheHoodooQueen on Oct 11, 2015 wrote:
I see what you're saying, but I was thinking more like a faction/guild that anyone could join, through a special side quest or something like that. The player could easily join, and it would not be up to others if they could join. I do agree with the PVP guild idea, and I myself have a sort of clan.