Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Equipment slots and gems

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
I think it should be possible to put equipment slots into equipment much in the same way as players can in wizard101, but I think all slots and gem stones ought to be purchasable through scrips. Scrips aren't the easiest thing to build up, you really have to farm a very long time to save up enough for a ships cabin or a banner. So what I am thinking is that you should be able to add slots to your existing equipment and you could buy these slots with scrips in the pvp rewards section as well as the gem stones you want to use, granted the more powerful stones would cost a lot more scrip than the less powerful ones.

There isn't any real need to ever play ranked pvp as it really doesn't get you anything, all the equipment and weapons offered for scrip and pvp rank are pretty much junk that one would not use, and the weapons offered don't even include mixed weapons such as shooty staffy, shooty stabby, and the like that so very many pirates actually use. If suddenly we could forge gem slots into our equipment and then buy gems for them, we suddenly have a reason to play ranked pvp.

Otherwise I think items with gem slots in them would be a good end reward drop for the pirate's regatta, or hopefully the next part of pirate's regatta since the pirate's regatta that is currently out gives absolutely nothing to players in terms of drops that is at all good.

That is one gripe I do have about this game, side quests can be incredibly long and grueling and yet the rewards are typically non existent, the longer more challenging ones should at least be able to drop something that one could possibly want to obtain and use. Pirate regatta was a great side quest but everyone pretty much hates it cause it is long and gives nothing. Why put in all the effort, time and expense, to create such a dungeon when you don't add any sort of reward or chance of reward for anyone who does it?

Same thing goes with PvP, giving us ranked PvP was a good thing, but kind of falls on the wayside as a failure when the game fails to actually give out any sort of reward for anyone who does it. The PvP items obtainable other than the mounts are a complete joke. Ha, we will give you ranked PvP but we are going to make sure those who do it won't get a thing from it.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
This would be a welcome addition, and I think it has been suggested a couple of times before.