Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

El Toro's Health and Critical Strike

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 21, 2012
I was asking if El Toro is going ever to get a Critical Strike card? like a Super hit or a Mega Hit card? Like the ones we choose to attack our enemys? I thought it would be good since El Toro is so Strong and one of my favorite Companions I've ever owned! Really great job getting that companion in the Game!

Also i was wondering if his health could be increased a bit? El Toro at level 65 his health is almost 1900, I think his health can be raised a bit? At least to 2400? He doesn't really stay that long in combat with his current low health

Thanks again for seeing my topic and amazing great work! Hopefully waiting for a reply

Smart Logan West Level 37

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Smart Logan West on Sep 18, 2014 wrote:
I was asking if El Toro is going ever to get a Critical Strike card? like a Super hit or a Mega Hit card? Like the ones we choose to attack our enemys? I thought it would be good since El Toro is so Strong and one of my favorite Companions I've ever owned! Really great job getting that companion in the Game!

Also i was wondering if his health could be increased a bit? El Toro at level 65 his health is almost 1900, I think his health can be raised a bit? At least to 2400? He doesn't really stay that long in combat with his current low health

Thanks again for seeing my topic and amazing great work! Hopefully waiting for a reply

Smart Logan West Level 37
all companions can train health now, go check it out

note: max health el toro lvl 65 will be 2465

Ensign
May 21, 2012
Oh, Gotta reset his Talents and see the health! Thanks! Still, He needs Critical Stirke card or Mega hit card with the Espirit de Corps buff card, He'd be more useful than ever with this!

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Nah, he is already INSANELY powerful

a crit strike card would set him over

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Also, with his Espirit de Corps, team Accuracy and Dodge Boost/Buff power-- it as if he already possesses Critical Strike capability for himself and for your crew. Combining the Accuracy boost with Strength/Will/Agility buffs, it will more than likely ensure that El Toro himself or 1 or more members of your crew will receive a Critical Hit (or multiple ones) at some point, in any given battle.

Using multiple Primary Stat buffing powers in combo with an Accuracy Buff like El Toro's is a pretty powerful damage inflicting combination. Throw in the buff to Dodge from El Toro's Espirit de Corps, and with his already high dodge, boosted accuracy and possible Agility buffing from your pirate's own powers.....chances are El Toro will receive a Critical Strike on an already powerful Riposte, plus quite a few Critical Hits on other attacks/counter attacks/preemptive strikes as well.

In this way, I think El Toro already has his Critical Strike, just not in the form of an actual power card. And he lends to other allies receiving their own Critical Hits on attacks as well.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 7, 2014 wrote:
Also, with his Espirit de Corps, team Accuracy and Dodge Boost/Buff power-- it as if he already possesses Critical Strike capability for himself and for your crew. Combining the Accuracy boost with Strength/Will/Agility buffs, it will more than likely ensure that El Toro himself or 1 or more members of your crew will receive a Critical Hit (or multiple ones) at some point, in any given battle.

Using multiple Primary Stat buffing powers in combo with an Accuracy Buff like El Toro's is a pretty powerful damage inflicting combination. Throw in the buff to Dodge from El Toro's Espirit de Corps, and with his already high dodge, boosted accuracy and possible Agility buffing from your pirate's own powers.....chances are El Toro will receive a Critical Strike on an already powerful Riposte, plus quite a few Critical Hits on other attacks/counter attacks/preemptive strikes as well.

In this way, I think El Toro already has his Critical Strike, just not in the form of an actual power card. And he lends to other allies receiving their own Critical Hits on attacks as well.
And one other thing about El Toro having lower health....with his high dodge, he doesn't necessarily need it. As with most Swashbucklers, if you max Toro's dodge, use his Espirit de Corps, any reduced accuracy buff or power on enemies and try to avoid Toro being 'ganged up on' and exposed to focused attacks from multiple enemies, his dodge/block will kick in more oft than not. The tradeoff for lower health is both making enemies miss and inflicting higher damage, to get those enemies off the board faster in order to not allow them as many chances to do their own damage.

A Buccaneer and/or Privateer companion may have more health, but they dodge/block less and thus take on more damage. El Toro's high dodge/high damage combination ensures that he will take less abuse and clear the board faster-- that combination is his version of 'boosted health'. Plus as others have noted, now all are able to train in health. But even so, I find it difficult to take training points away from Toro's other class oriented talents to train him in higher health.

One thing that he could benefit from is dodging and blocking more ranged attacks. If he gets hit by a couple criticals and bonus attacks afterwards, he won't last long...even with all that high dodge. My Buccaneer pirate and companions dodge ranged musketeer and witchdoctor attacks on par or better than El Toro does, even with his dodge fully trained. But I suppose it is much more difficult to dodge 'bullets and bad mama-jama mojo', than it is to dodge a blade.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Nah, he is already the only companion (that I know of) that has spirit de corps, so while he is already powerful, train him health and dodge.