Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

El Kaboing and his guitar

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 11, 2008
Hi there.
I recently fought El Kaboing in Tormenta Oscura, Santo Pollo Skyway and was wondering if he has his guitar weapon as a possible drop. If not, it think it would be really cool if he did. As far as I know, he is the only boss who uses a guitar for a weapon. It would be awesome to have such a cool drop from a side quest boss.
Thanks.

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
I heartily approve of this idea! I may be a musketeer, but swinging around a GUITAR would be awesome!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
The Privateer on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Hi there.
I recently fought El Kaboing in Tormenta Oscura, Santo Pollo Skyway and was wondering if he has his guitar weapon as a possible drop. If not, it think it would be really cool if he did. As far as I know, he is the only boss who uses a guitar for a weapon. It would be awesome to have such a cool drop from a side quest boss.
Thanks.
I would play a lullaby to my enemy's as I knock them out

Commodore
May 31, 2009
The Privateer on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Hi there.
Thanks.
I would love to have a guitar as a weapon!

Me (to enemy): Take that! x guitar makes awful out-of-tune noise as it smacks into whatever I'm fighting x

Enemy: Owwww my ears!! x is defeated by horrible noise x

Me: Well, that was easy. x strums guitar x

My crew: STOP THAT! You can't play guitar!

Me: Or can I?

LOL I really want a guitar weapon now.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yes! Now what I want to know is - is it a smashy or slashy weapon? And it has to make music when it hits!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Excellent idea!

I would absolutely love it if more music instruments could be obtained from either drops or housing vendors. Using them as a weapon is interesting but I would so enjoy it if I could take about 5 or 6 companions each with an instrument and set up some type of makeshift band in my pirate's home. Every time you teleported there you would be greeted by the sweet sounds of the Spiral! Maybe there could even be a Housing Item such as a Jukebox that you could interact with and choose a tune for your Misfit Melodious Music Makers to play.

Make it interesting by acquiring different instruments throughout the Spiral and adding new ones to the band. Yeah, I sure would enjoy having some of my fine crew greet me with song every time I came home! (I would sure rather listen to some of them play music than to hear them talk)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Excellent idea!

I would absolutely love it if more music instruments could be obtained from either drops or housing vendors. Using them as a weapon is interesting but I would so enjoy it if I could take about 5 or 6 companions each with an instrument and set up some type of makeshift band in my pirate's home. Every time you teleported there you would be greeted by the sweet sounds of the Spiral! Maybe there could even be a Housing Item such as a Jukebox that you could interact with and choose a tune for your Misfit Melodious Music Makers to play.

Make it interesting by acquiring different instruments throughout the Spiral and adding new ones to the band. Yeah, I sure would enjoy having some of my fine crew greet me with song every time I came home! (I would sure rather listen to some of them play music than to hear them talk)
Ohhh, Idea flash.......Lol I can see it now, The Dos Amigos Y Uno standing in your house but they play a variety of songs and you can buy or get sheet music drops so they can expand their repertoire. That would make parties really fun. Then you and your companions can do solo performances when the "Band" is on break.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
One Eyed Jack, this would be the PERFECT 'Pirates de Mayo' item for the Crown Shop! Please, please make this a reality!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
Ohhh, Idea flash.......Lol I can see it now, The Dos Amigos Y Uno standing in your house but they play a variety of songs and you can buy or get sheet music drops so they can expand their repertoire. That would make parties really fun. Then you and your companions can do solo performances when the "Band" is on break.
That's a fantastic idea, sign me up- let's make this happen. Never again would I feel let down by the Drop Gods not playing too nice, if I could always come home to the sights and sounds of those grinning stallions or some of our crew playing a song of the Spiral. And you bet it would add some much needed flavor to help spice up a party....not to mention we now have some pets in our homes that sure would enjoy some music making.

I surely could see Lucky Jack using Scratchy's ribcage as a xylophone and Toro plucking away a tune on ol' Ratty's whiskers, with Bonnie on the bagpipes and Goronado on percussions. Maybe "The Son of a God" on the oboe, since he is quite full of hot air. Sarah could be on, well....maybe a Steele guitar, Dead Mike on the tambourine and Mormo on some Maracas.

Not that would be music to my ears.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
That's a fantastic idea, sign me up- let's make this happen. Never again would I feel let down by the Drop Gods not playing too nice, if I could always come home to the sights and sounds of those grinning stallions or some of our crew playing a song of the Spiral. And you bet it would add some much needed flavor to help spice up a party....not to mention we now have some pets in our homes that sure would enjoy some music making.

I surely could see Lucky Jack using Scratchy's ribcage as a xylophone and Toro plucking away a tune on ol' Ratty's whiskers, with Bonnie on the bagpipes and Goronado on percussions. Maybe "The Son of a God" on the oboe, since he is quite full of hot air. Sarah could be on, well....maybe a Steele guitar, Dead Mike on the tambourine and Mormo on some Maracas.

Not that would be music to my ears.
OH my GOODNESS Valkoor you have once again taken the hilarity to new heights.
The mental pictures you just generated will be triggering giggle fits for weeks to come. Just BRILLIANT. *Still laughing out loud, not just saying "lol" to be polite, but really laughing out loud.*

Developer
I won't be satisfied until we add a Zeusaphone.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
I won't be satisfied until we add a Zeusaphone.
FANTASTIC!!! Looks like Hawkules has just been promoted from the Oboe! Or maybe the Serpent Augur should get this one.......due to the "coil" and all.

Nah, anything with Zeus in it just has to go to "The Beaked Buffoon"!