Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

El Dorado stormgates!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
Hello my friends! Cookie? No? Eh, I don’t blame you... Ratbeard is not the best cook the spiral has ever seen... So, straight to the point. Where’s the stormgate to El Dorado going show up for us piratey types? I’ve been mulling this over for a while, and I finally have an idea!

So when you get all seven pieces of the map, the PC discovers that the place that the stormgate is going to open is.... the world where their parents’ ship either wrecked/got attacked by a squid/got caught in a storm/mutinized (I know that’s not a word, but I like typing it.)/whatever the last one is, cause I can’t remember it.

The Pirate will open the stormgate, but when they reach the Shining City, Kane is there waiting for them!

As a bunch of people have said, I second the the opinion that the final battle should be like a chess game. Kane will be King, Rooke will be....Rooke (Surprised, aren’t you?), Bishop will be...well, what do you think he’ll be? Queen will be....you guessed it, Queen! I still haven’t figured out who Deacon will be, but that’s not important.

Once you’re done with that battle, you get to meet your parents’ ghosts, and they tell you about how their ship was sabotaged to make them die for whatever reason you chose in the beginning.

Tell me if reading this was at all worth your time!

Merciless Olivia Roberts, who REALLY doesn’t like seagulls.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I think the 'Shining City' was somewhere in Aquila. I remember doing a quest that was saying something along the lines of "The Shining City of Nova Aquila" (or something to that effect). I think (THINK) we might be closer to El Dorado than we believe...

Perhaps the Stormgate to El Dorado is somewhere in Aquila, and we'll have to come back later in time? Or... (our parents said, "Shining City... El Dorado... The key to El Dorado... Find us! We are waiting! Go to the...")
Maybe, somewhere in Aquila, our parent's were killed?

I don't know how we'd find their "graves," since they've probably fell through the sky when they were attacked by the squid, had to walk the plank, the Armada attack, or Storm. They've could had washed up on a island somewhere when they went looking for treasure and never came back, but still... the other 4 will be hard to explain...

Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
Parents: Son hear us hear us find our grave waiting for you shining city le dorado... the key el dorado... go to the..

their is an unknown stormgate in skyways avernus

hint hint

Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
it said find... the ...key that must be in Aquila if the rest of map is there

Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
truesaviorofthespi... on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
Parents: Son hear us hear us find our grave waiting for you shining city le dorado... the key el dorado... go to the..

hint hint
I have never considered that! But it's cool! Maybe one of the bone drakes is carrying the key, or even better yet, perhaps instead of a windstone, we need to make a spiral key out of one of their bones, like the Wizard City to Krokotopia one in W101!

Oh! Mentioning Krokotopia just gave me a BIG lightbulb!
Gotta go type that down!

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Ihateseagulls on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
I have never considered that! But it's cool! Maybe one of the bone drakes is carrying the key, or even better yet, perhaps instead of a windstone, we need to make a spiral key out of one of their bones, like the Wizard City to Krokotopia one in W101!

Oh! Mentioning Krokotopia just gave me a BIG lightbulb!
Gotta go type that down!
I guess once we get all the map pieces; we gotta get a Spiral Key from Merle Ambrose. And when we do; EL DORADO where you can get your daily gold! But Wizard City's storyline would be protecting it so the last of the Armada won't conquer Wizard City but they won't since Wizards have epic powers and Romulus is the friends of the Gods on Mount Olympus which is in Aquila ... HINT HINT So I guess Mount Olympus is the place where El Dorado is. And then we go to the dragons area which we couldn't in Wiz and we would see our parents Ghosts and they will team up with you. And then for the 2nd part of the storyline; you got 2 choices. One is to go to Earth or 2 is to stay in the SPIRAL! I would really want to see Earth in the 101 games but to miss out on the Spiral? NO WAY! I'm staying! I'll make a post to how you can get the key in Wizard City. Expect a chain of posts so I'll put at the end of my first post; "KI, can you make sure people can't comment on this post until I say so. I want people to see my idea first,". Good day!

Ensign
Jan 04, 2013
Ihateseagulls on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
Hello my friends! Cookie? No? Eh, I don’t blame you... Ratbeard is not the best cook the spiral has ever seen... So, straight to the point. Where’s the stormgate to El Dorado going show up for us piratey types? I’ve been mulling this over for a while, and I finally have an idea!

So when you get all seven pieces of the map, the PC discovers that the place that the stormgate is going to open is.... the world where their parents’ ship either wrecked/got attacked by a squid/got caught in a storm/mutinized (I know that’s not a word, but I like typing it.)/whatever the last one is, cause I can’t remember it.

The Pirate will open the stormgate, but when they reach the Shining City, Kane is there waiting for them!

As a bunch of people have said, I second the the opinion that the final battle should be like a chess game. Kane will be King, Rooke will be....Rooke (Surprised, aren’t you?), Bishop will be...well, what do you think he’ll be? Queen will be....you guessed it, Queen! I still haven’t figured out who Deacon will be, but that’s not important.

Once you’re done with that battle, you get to meet your parents’ ghosts, and they tell you about how their ship was sabotaged to make them die for whatever reason you chose in the beginning.

Sounds awesome. Though, i'd had to learn how to play chess. But one thing, we killed, or destroyed, or turned off, whatever Deacon in Cool Ranch. Plus you forgot Phule.

Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
ChrisUnderwood11 on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Sounds awesome. Though, i'd had to learn how to play chess. But one thing, we killed, or destroyed, or turned off, whatever Deacon in Cool Ranch. Plus you forgot Phule.
Thank you! I don't know how to play chess either, but hey, couldn't be TOO hard...

And yeah, I realized as I was pushing the 'submit' button that we'd terminated Deacon, but oh well. And I don't know where I'd put Phule, so I didn't even bother. It would be phulishness.

O.R

Ensign
Oct 26, 2009
The stormgate to el dorado might be in two new worlds that are coming out in a couple months grizzleheim and darkmoor

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
Ihateseagulls on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, Rooke is dead, as well as Deacon. And they'd probably have to build a mechanical horse to play Knight.

Otherwise, this is a good idea.( I think.)

But... I think it would be better to have your parents ghosts fight alongside you(barfs cookie)and have one of the elites join you. Yar!

SwashyAvenged

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Ihateseagulls on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Thank you! I don't know how to play chess either, but hey, couldn't be TOO hard...

And yeah, I realized as I was pushing the 'submit' button that we'd terminated Deacon, but oh well. And I don't know where I'd put Phule, so I didn't even bother. It would be phulishness.

O.R
Hehehe cheesy pun gotta love those. XD

Ensign
Jan 28, 2013
truesaviorofthespi... on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:

hint hint
that's a good idea that may be it

Tarlac Percy 65

Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
Just Add Bacon on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
Hehehe cheesy pun gotta love those. XD
I know, right?

Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
Swashy0716 on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, Rooke is dead, as well as Deacon. And they'd probably have to build a mechanical horse to play Knight.

Otherwise, this is a good idea.( I think.)

But... I think it would be better to have your parents ghosts fight alongside you(barfs cookie)and have one of the elites join you. Yar!

SwashyAvenged
Ooooohhh. Yeah. I forgot. Sorry. That was one of my kinda spacey days.

Oh my goodness! Fighting with our parents ghosts!? AWESOME! (Barfs rainbow) You, my friend, have good ideas!

-

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Not to poke a hole in all the fun, but to quote Avery from the "El Dorado and Marco Pollo's Map" puppet show, "'...but you cant just sail there. The stormgate never opens in the same place twice, and it doesn't stay open for long."'
I don't think the Stormgate will be a Stormgate. El Dorado would most likely be an area players would want to re-visit after finding it, and having it move around all the time would get VERY annoying. I bet the map gives directions to a hidden portal or something. Marco Pollo was clever. I doubt he would let the map lead to something as simple as a location...

Ensign
Oct 30, 2012
I just wanted to say Deacon and Rooke were never alive, so how can they be killed? Somewhere in the storyline I believe I heard they were rebuilding Deacon into something even stronger than he was before. Also, if you look at the definition of the word deacon you could see that it is also called a fairy piece that isn't used in regular games.
Not trying to be rude here, I love a discussion.

Silver Luis Cog L65
Griffin Kidd L38

Ensign
May 31, 2009
FlamingApollo on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
I just wanted to say Deacon and Rooke were never alive, so how can they be killed? Somewhere in the storyline I believe I heard they were rebuilding Deacon into something even stronger than he was before. Also, if you look at the definition of the word deacon you could see that it is also called a fairy piece that isn't used in regular games.
Not trying to be rude here, I love a discussion.

Silver Luis Cog L65
Griffin Kidd L38
I listened to every word and didn't hear that

Ensign
Oct 30, 2012
Well I wouldn't expect you to hear because I typed it.

Silver Luis Cog L65
Griffin Kidd L42

Ensign
Oct 30, 2012
Are mechanical robots built on gears alive? No. So if something is alive, it cannot possibly be killed. Again, NOT trying to be rude.

Silver Luis Cog L65
Griffin Kidd L42

Ensign
Jun 26, 2013
our parents arent dead, we where just told that for some reason, probably for our own protection. we arent going to their graves, were going ton their house

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
FlamingApollo on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
Are mechanical robots built on gears alive? No. So if something is alive, it cannot possibly be killed. Again, NOT trying to be rude.

Silver Luis Cog L65
Griffin Kidd L42
I believe the words Blind Mew used were 'damaged beyond repair'. So no improved Deacon or Rooke on the horizon.

However, I do question whether the clockworks are merely mechanical robots. Avery certainly thinks so, stating clearly that the Armada are puppets, not alive. And certainly they seem to operate on gears and wire, as far as we can surmise. But Avery, although well informed, can not know everything. Certainly, the clockworks aren't alive in the sense that they are flesh and blood, and the lesser ones probably are robots or close enough. But although we have not yet met Kane (thankfully), we have encountered several of his Elite, and they are not logical enough for something you would expect out of a robot or cyborg perhaps. (That they are not logical, and full of arrogance, hatred, and spite, makes them far more interesting.) And the coded message given at the end of Aquila has some very interesting associations which makes me further think that the making of Kane was not mere science (or as would have been said in the age of Piracy, 'natural philosophy'). Just a thought. I expect we will all know, eventually.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Chase Donnely on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
our parents arent dead, we where just told that for some reason, probably for our own protection. we arent going to their graves, were going ton their house
I-... I wouldn't hold your breath, mate...

Ensign
Nov 17, 2012
Just something to think about:

Possibly Dragonspyre has the entrance stormgate or whatever it is to El Dorado. I mean, have any of you seen any landing points in Dragonspyre, I'm not sure I forgot if there is more than one skyway.

This is something we should find out

Smart Horace Reade
Level 58

Ensign
Nov 17, 2012
Artemis49 on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
Just something to think about:

Possibly Dragonspyre has the entrance stormgate or whatever it is to El Dorado. I mean, have any of you seen any landing points in Dragonspyre, I'm not sure I forgot if there is more than one skyway.

This is something we should find out

Smart Horace Reade
Level 58
I don't know if it's still called Dragonspyre or if it is called Avernus by the way.