Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Easier Way To Get Scrip?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 16, 2013
I have an idea, where we could do some hard quests once a day, where you get a little scrip from them, you get some depending on your level, the quests also differ by level. (Quests get harder as you level up).

1-10= 10 Scrip

11-20= 25 Scrip

21-30= 50 Scrip

31-45= 75 Scrip

46=65= 100 Scrip

Monday= Collecting Quest

Tuesday= Defeating Enemies Quest

Wednesday= Ship Battling

Thursday= Dungeon

Friday= Boss Battle

Saturday/Sunday= Random

Ensign
Aug 22, 2011
I like this idea, considering at the moment I need to save up to 10,000 odd scrip to get what I want from the black market.

Progress so far? About 257 scrip.

This would definitely be fun, however, if you have the new house you can get scrip from there.
Go to the little cave and near where the skeleton is in the water there is a cog you click "x" on it and then turn around there is a cave entrance with a well in it, go to it and click "x" and you will either get scrip or gold from it and you can do this once a day.

Quite a nice feature.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Getting 'easy' scrip defeats the purpose for scrip in the first place. Ratbeard has even denied the idea of sending companions out to gather scrip. So, any get-scrip-fast schemes are doomed.
However, before you wail "But it'll take too long, I'll never get enough!" Let me point out that when I first started this game, I never thought I would gather enough gold to buy a house, yet here I am with two in game houses! It'll just take time, go out and get a few friends together and hunt ships like there was no tomorrow, and the scrip will flow.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This is a great ideia to collect scrips easier, however a pirate's life is often challenging and very seldom get cash the easy way.Keep in mind scrips are the most valuable item in the spiral as pirates.Earning these paper currency in large amount requires sinking the most powerful boss ships in each world,often with other players for larger rewards. The only other way to earn scrips is to buy the smuggler's arena,or find a friend who has this item and arrange a battling session.From what i heard it's hard to solo in the smuggler's arena.
Until then, good luck earning scrips and see you at the spiral.

Ensign
Feb 16, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 21, 2014 wrote:
Getting 'easy' scrip defeats the purpose for scrip in the first place. Ratbeard has even denied the idea of sending companions out to gather scrip. So, any get-scrip-fast schemes are doomed.
However, before you wail "But it'll take too long, I'll never get enough!" Let me point out that when I first started this game, I never thought I would gather enough gold to buy a house, yet here I am with two in game houses! It'll just take time, go out and get a few friends together and hunt ships like there was no tomorrow, and the scrip will flow.
The quests are meant to be very hard, its not "get scrip fast" but its "get scrip in some other way besides paying 7,000 crowns and farming ships only to get about 6 scrip every time you are lucky enough to actually get scrip" The only way you can get lots of scrip in one load is to do the wishing well at the new house (My friend got around 59 Scrip)

Admiral
May 30, 2010
redroast253 on Dec 24, 2014 wrote:
The quests are meant to be very hard, its not "get scrip fast" but its "get scrip in some other way besides paying 7,000 crowns and farming ships only to get about 6 scrip every time you are lucky enough to actually get scrip" The only way you can get lots of scrip in one load is to do the wishing well at the new house (My friend got around 59 Scrip)
You can get scrip from the wishing well in the smuggler's cove house, from the smugglers' arena, and from sinking ships. You increase the chances of getting scrip by sinking the boss ships farther out from Skull Island, and at the same time you get money and often some decent ship equipment.

Often the only way to get what we want in real life is hard work. I'm good with having to transfer that same work ethic over to the game. We shouldn't be able to get everything we want easily, or where is the reward from working hard?

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Dec 25, 2014 wrote:
You can get scrip from the wishing well in the smuggler's cove house, from the smugglers' arena, and from sinking ships. You increase the chances of getting scrip by sinking the boss ships farther out from Skull Island, and at the same time you get money and often some decent ship equipment.

Often the only way to get what we want in real life is hard work. I'm good with having to transfer that same work ethic over to the game. We shouldn't be able to get everything we want easily, or where is the reward from working hard?
No one is bashing hard work but scrip collecting is different. For example, I would like to purchase a black market banner that costs 12000 scrip. My first time in the Arena took around 2 1/2 to 3 hours completing the whole 9 or 10 fight series netting me a whopping 436 scrip, so I would have to spend approx 30 hours doing this over and over and over. I then tried ship farming in Aquila killing ships over and over again for 3 hours and got 700 scrip, so that's a little better but it's still mind-numbingly boring. What the OP is suggesting is just another way to get scrip that doesn't want to make you tear your hair out.

Developer
Grintch on Dec 27, 2014 wrote:
No one is bashing hard work but scrip collecting is different. For example, I would like to purchase a black market banner that costs 12000 scrip. My first time in the Arena took around 2 1/2 to 3 hours completing the whole 9 or 10 fight series netting me a whopping 436 scrip, so I would have to spend approx 30 hours doing this over and over and over. I then tried ship farming in Aquila killing ships over and over again for 3 hours and got 700 scrip, so that's a little better but it's still mind-numbingly boring. What the OP is suggesting is just another way to get scrip that doesn't want to make you tear your hair out.
Ten times through the dungeon to get exactly what you want.

That's a much better drop rate than any boss in the game, by way of comparison.

You might even think of the Black Market as a custom loot table where you get to pick what you want after a certain number of runs, or a certain amount of time, as opposed to relying on chance alone.

The most desirable items in the game-- this game, any game-- typically require a time investment. Scrip is no different in that regard.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Ratbeard on Dec 28, 2014 wrote:
Ten times through the dungeon to get exactly what you want.

That's a much better drop rate than any boss in the game, by way of comparison.

You might even think of the Black Market as a custom loot table where you get to pick what you want after a certain number of runs, or a certain amount of time, as opposed to relying on chance alone.

The most desirable items in the game-- this game, any game-- typically require a time investment. Scrip is no different in that regard.
i don't have a problem with a time investment, what I have a problem with is the long perpetual grind of the same enemies to get the scrip, if I wanted to grind for hours i'd play destiny

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Grintch on Dec 27, 2014 wrote:
This game is an MMO and is not meant to be played like a console game in which you can beat the entire thing and acquire everything in that game in mere months, weeks and in some cases, even days. These kinds of game here are meant to keep us entertained and busy for a great duration, while the developers work towards bringing us future updates and increase our entertainment value. In an MMO it wouldn't be very appealing if we could acquire every, much sought after new types of gear, in mere days or weeks or even months, after the new gear makes it's new appearance.

I still, and many others out there as well, don't have every single piece of gear I desire for my sole, maxed player....and it's been 1 1/2 years since I created him. We can't forget how long it took to us to get to the point in which we are at. Tons of farming, lots of Crowns used, fleets of ships sunk, oodles of time spent, frustration a plenty-- but guess what, we did it and made it work through determination and perseverance, until the next new batch of "must haves" came, and will most certainly come, along. Then we begin the journey anew and before we know it we will be possessing all of that greatness too, all while finding new hybrids, gaining new friends, enjoying soon-to-be new worlds and anything else that slaps us in the face along the way.

I was able to acquire nearly 1000 Scrip in about a total of 3 hours trying to reel some in. But, I think I prospered more in the fun department, than I did in the actual hauling in of Scrip...almost that is! About 500 from 1 run in the arena, nearly 200 from pack ship sinking, about the same from 2 wishes in the well and the free 125 from good ol' Dockmaster Dan. I'll keep at it, slowly but surely, and just as we all have in the past-- we'll get our mitts on the goodies and still have a great time getting there and enjoying all the Spiral has to offer.

Sometimes if you really, reaaaaally want it.....you really, realllllly gotta earn it-- in the Spiral and in life. And that's not a bad thing at all, kind of builds our character...literally and figuratively.