Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Early Max Level

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I have found that I will be level 65 before the end of Marleybone and I just wanted to ask everyone's opinion on what I should do when that happens. Should I continue on with doing the storyline and sidequests? or should I wait until the next update?, or maybe just do storyline quests?

Thanks for any feedback!

Noble Tyler Strong61

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Noble Tyler Strong on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
I have found that I will be level 65 before the end of Marleybone and I just wanted to ask everyone's opinion on what I should do when that happens. Should I continue on with doing the storyline and sidequests? or should I wait until the next update?, or maybe just do storyline quests?

Thanks for any feedback!

Noble Tyler Strong61
There are different schools of thought here. While the gurus at KingsIsle always make sure we have enough Xp in our quests to get through a world (hence you reaching 65 in Marleybone, as I have too) I don't like to "waste" my Xp even though I know it won't be needed to get me to the next level cap it DOES make my pirate stronger and more powerful when I DO get to the tougher areas. I finished the story line with my privateer mainly because I just had to see how the story played out. Now when the new areas open she will be a the strength and level of a 65. My other pirates I had wait. Those that maxed out in Marleybone will be MUCH stronger and higher leveled when they get to the new areas and will thus have a bit easier time going through. I proved this theory when my level 50's went through Marleybone and those that had not maxed out in Mooshu had a much easier time through both Marleybone and Aquila.
So, although you don't actually need to worry about wasting that xp and questing without getting that Xp bonus, it sure has many benefits when you do become frugal with your Xp.

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
If you wait until the next world expansion, you will have to play catch up. That would probably take a few days of complete all the pure storyline quests leading up to the next world.

Since you're already maxed, I advise you to do the main storyline only. When the next world expansion is released, you're free to do whatever you want.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010

Thanks for any feedback!

Noble Tyler Strong61
I say finish the storyline and then pick another class to work on (Unless you already used your 6 character slots)

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013

Thanks for any feedback!

Noble Tyler Strong61
The same thing happened to me I was on Rooke's ship then I completed a quest in that dungeon and then I was level 65 I didn't even have Catbeard on my crew.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I would recommend waiting for the update so that experience won't be lost. You could do side quests that result is little experience gained.

When I reach the max level, I intend to stop questing and start farming for items (Ship Equipment and Gear) and Gold. I might use the Gold for upgrading my Companions and enhancing my houses.

Developer
The moral of this story is this:

Side quests don't seem like a lot of XP individually, but they do add up.

If I recall correctly, if you skip all the side quests, you'll finish Marleybone at about 57th level.

I think Tyler is really going to enjoy having all those extra 65th level stats and abilities when he starts Aquila.

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
I had the same problem I do all the quests on every world and hit 65 in marleybone. Just have to sit in aquila till we get a update.Hint!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013

Thanks for any feedback!

Noble Tyler Strong61
I finished Marelybone at level 63.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
I think you should just continue on with the storyline. Each update there is always enough experience to get to the max level, and while a higher level does help to me it wouldn't be a necessity. You could always do the main quest and save the side quests for extra experience.

Noble Ryan Thompson