Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Drop rates on Equips

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 10, 2008
I'm going to pre-face this by saying that Pirate 101 is far from my first mmo. I'm an old hand when it comes to the grind. That being said:

My witchdoctor character is currently level 38. I am approximately 8 levels over the normal level for the section of the main quest line that I'm on. I've capped my gold twice. And I'm wearing a level 5 outfit.

Why?

It gives 7 will. Nothing I've seen in the NPC shops comes even remotely close to 7 will. I have been farming for a new outfit here and there, following rumors and the famous Non-Auction guide over on CentralForums, for ages. AGES. Sit for a moment and think how many hours of farming bosses would get you 8 levels at if you started at 32.

For the love of Pete, please increase the drop rate for the classed outfit, hat and shoes of the person who began the battle by a smidge. Just a smidge.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I think I know how you feel lol.

I am level 50, and just started Haunted Skyway.

Duck with no Name is a VERY good, quick, and simple boss to farm that gives lots of nice (and weird) pieces of equipment, with spell cards attached to them.

I actually do not know the next boss that is really good to fight and that is similar to the Duck with no Name. I will meet that boss eventually as I progress through the story line, slowly but surely.

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
Totally agree, My level 50 is outfitted with level 20 shark pack gear and havent seen anything better at higher levels. My level 40 musketeer is still using level 1 crown shop gear that is better than any of the higher level game drop gear. This is really disappointing considering im from wizard 101 and at least you get better gear dropped than you can buy in the crown shop. I really hope they adjust the gear in pirate 101 to match the capacity of gear in wizard 101 so we can get better drop gear than we can buy in the crown shop.

Developer
I've doubled the amount of loot items that bosses drop, and increased loot drops for a great number of "sub-bosses" as well.

And I expect the picture to change considerably as soon as we have the Bazaar online.

Rest assured: I'm watching and listening!

Ensign
Dec 10, 2008
Well, I've gotten a decent outfit and boots in the last 3 days. From drops? No.

Minigames.

The Wind Runner (or whatever the name is) is relatively easy, and quick. If you hit 12,000 points, you get prizes for all 4 prize slots. Instead of trying to run to the finish line, treat it as a shooter and try to kill EVERYTHING instead. Don't ignore the gems flying around, those give roughly a quarter of the points you should get. I've usually gotten 3,000 points on the first level, 7,000 points on the second level, and12,000 points by the middle of the 3rd level. Then I can die and claim my prizes.

While these don't have skill cards on them, the stats are very nice.

Community Leader
Ratbeard on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
I've doubled the amount of loot items that bosses drop, and increased loot drops for a great number of "sub-bosses" as well.

And I expect the picture to change considerably as soon as we have the Bazaar online.

Good to know! Getting new gear is one of the best parts of this type of game. While I look forward to the bazaar, it's nice to know there are steps taken in the mean time.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
Ratbeard on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:

TY very much Ratbeard for your attentiveness.

I was getting very frustrated with the whole loot and empty chests (or chests with 1 gold) thing. It has butressed my determination to plow through the rough times while holding out for greener pastures.

Ensign
Dec 10, 2008
Thanks Ratbeard. It's nice to know that KI is actively involved in this game!

Ensign
Apr 25, 2012
I agree it's actually disappointing buying crown gear sometimes because you can never find better gear . Before with wizard I would stitch which would help keep up the appearance . No body wants to wear the same thing every week ;p looking forward to bazaar . I to believe that clothing is one of the most important and fun parts every 5 levels it keeps it interesting !!! Level 26 musketeer!

Developer
You may have noticed that the shops don't offer Class-Restricted gear-- and class gear is always going to have the biggest bonuses for your primary stat.

You can farm class-restricted gear from bosses (the really good stuff will have power cards on it) and a goodly number of "sub-bosses" throughout the game (their stuff will tend to be class-restricted, but lacking power cards).

I don't want to jump on Jack's upcoming patch notes too much, but I have just done another pass on loot, adding in a bunch more rare items (over 100), and distributing the drop rates a little better.

Again, I can't give away too much, but I think you'll really like the new systems in development!

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Found more disappointing to have 2 pages of my shared bank of about only swashbuckler gear and one page and half of privateer gear meantime my characters are a musketeer and a buccaneer and of these 2 classes i could have just one page of equip , ok you love swashbuckler and privateers but comon!! The gear drop needs a little more balancing!