Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dragonspyre in pirate101?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 19, 2010
So basically what happens is that Captain Avery tells you one of his old crew members found a stormgate in Avernus that leads to what is described as "...just like Avernus, but with Aquilan architecture and inhabited by ghosts...". Also during the Dragonspyre quest line, a "great and powerful wizard" is mention alot, and the old crew member had his map piece stolen by none other than, Malistare Drake. The wizard is met about 5/8 into the quest line, and recruited at 7/8. (Before the final instance.) Before the boss fight, Malistare will reveal that he cursed the Emperor, and gave the Valencians the idea to build clockworks. I also cannot resist asking to have El Toro and Hawkules have an argument with him. The final instance will be an almost exact copy of the Wizard101 Crown of Fire. Instead of having the undead as minions, he will have what little remains of the Armada with him. To add dramatic flare, Silvia will again come to try to stop him by casting -10% damage wards on him that last 5 rounds, every 7 rounds. Thank you if you consider this.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Silver Wolf on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
So basically what happens is that Captain Avery tells you one of his old crew members found a stormgate in Avernus that leads to what is described as "...just like Avernus, but with Aquilan architecture and inhabited by ghosts...". Also during the Dragonspyre quest line, a "great and powerful wizard" is mention alot, and the old crew member had his map piece stolen by none other than, Malistare Drake. The wizard is met about 5/8 into the quest line, and recruited at 7/8. (Before the final instance.) Before the boss fight, Malistare will reveal that he cursed the Emperor, and gave the Valencians the idea to build clockworks. I also cannot resist asking to have El Toro and Hawkules have an argument with him. The final instance will be an almost exact copy of the Wizard101 Crown of Fire. Instead of having the undead as minions, he will have what little remains of the Armada with him. To add dramatic flare, Silvia will again come to try to stop him by casting -10% damage wards on him that last 5 rounds, every 7 rounds. Thank you if you consider this.
Mmmm, when I saw the title of your thread, I was under the impression that you were wondering why Dragonspyre is in Pirate101 or if Avernus is Dragonspyre or Dragonspyre is Avernus.

I'll be honest, I don't think an idea like this would work. The reason for it is that Malistaire is a prominent villian for Wizard101. To take him away from that game, and stuff him in Pirate101, really doesn't float well. Unlike other characters from Wizard101, Malistaire was a main villian and crucial character for their story. To take that away from them, is like making Kane the next major of Wizard101's Arc. It could happen, but the way Kane is designed just wouldn't make sense.

I would love to see some Dragonspyre Companions and another Skyway in Dragonspyre that gives us more experience to the culture of the realm, but this particular way in't settling with me. Like why would Malistaire give Kane the idea to build an Armada if all Malistaire cared about was resurrecting his wife? Also the option of "wards" does not appear in Pirate101 gameplay. We have defensive Epics (like Leviathan's Call), but no wards.

Also, KI and the Pirate101 team would be more likely to build their own spin-off of Dragonspyre rather than borrowing and reusing areas hear and there. While they've done it multiple times, it's just easier to go fresh and Pirate101 original. I don't think they would reuse any Aquilan architecture. It's more likely they would build off of or allude to Wizard101 Dragonspyre.

Maybe a better side quest would be a ghost Conqueror Pirate from Dragonspyre arrived on a ghastly Dragonspyre ship to Skull Island asking the Pirate to help fix strange occurances in a different Skyway of Dragonspyre. Plus everyone could get a Dragonspyre Companion.

-P.S. While similarly themed, Aquila and Dragonspyre are very different. Aquila is heavily Roman and Greek inspired. They used Hoplites, Greek gods, and other allusions that are very noticable to Roman and Greek culture. Despite being it a ruined state, there was more life in Aquila than Dragonspyre. They're Gladiator fights and musicians and artists and poets everywhere. Plus they had King who still leaved
Dragonspyre is slightly alike, but different. Dragonspyre has architecture that's Byzantine Empire inspired as well as graphic's alluding to the eruption on Pompeii. Dragonspyre had a Knowledge and War like culture. They focused on advanced war tactics and learning. There were quarrells and many Civil Wars between the Wizards and Knights/Warriors, but they got along. They also worshiped the Dragon, while Aquila, the Immortals, as it was the Dragons who helped build their empire. Dragonspyre later built an Academy, where Aquila just trains Warriors.
Both Aquila and Dragonspyre spread knowledge across the Spiral until internal problems forced them to become solitary and ruined

-P.S.S. Now you've gotten me excited about a Dragonspyre expansion in Pirate101 lol