Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Doubloon System Improvements

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 22, 2009
I know many veteran players have probably said this before, and I'm sure it will be said again: We need a new way to rid ourselves of unwanted doubloons.

I understand that Pirate101 went neglected for an unfortunate number of years, but now that it's getting some attention, I would like to kindly request that this issue be addressed in the first quality-of-life update, or as soon as possible. Currently, you can only receive doubloons as a reward in combat, but only when there's more than one player. You can also receive them via trading, but I for one have never been offered doubloons and it's like trading treasure cards in Wizards; you have to know the person and it takes active participation. There is no way to get doubloons passively, and the only way to rid yourself of them is to trade them away or use them. I've had to resort to loading up a mule account, creating a random character, loading them up with my unwanted doubloons, then deleting the character. That's a lot of work to trash extra doubloons that I don't want. I'd rather sell them to a vendor or auction them on the Bazaar so someone else can use them.

Doubloons are the equivalent of treasure cards, but we can't trash them, we can't sell them, we can't auction them, we can only use them or trade them, and you have to be in battle with another pirate or have someone give you doubloons if you want any. I solo a lot, and lately have been double boxing for the sole purpose of getting doubloons. We NEED a way to purchase them.

I'd love to hear what others have to say on this, especially from Professor Falmea or another dev. I love this game and have never given up hope that it would be revived one day. Happy questing, everyone!

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
We've been asking for YEARS for a Doubloon vendor or some such.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I know I'm tired of getting that warning saying I have too many treasure baths and can't pick up anymore. Yet, even though I have treasure baths placed in the number 1 spot, (meaning they should show up more frequently) they never show up in battle.

I agree, we need a way to get rid of excess doubloons. How about a doubloon shop, similar to the Bazaar where we can sell the common unwanted ones?

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
CdeWinter on Jun 29, 2021 wrote:
I know I'm tired of getting that warning saying I have too many treasure baths and can't pick up anymore. Yet, even though I have treasure baths placed in the number 1 spot, (meaning they should show up more frequently) they never show up in battle.

I agree, we need a way to get rid of excess doubloons. How about a doubloon shop, similar to the Bazaar where we can sell the common unwanted ones?
I know, right? Treasure Baths are the hardest ones to get to show up for high level pirates, so I keep trying to trade them to lower levels. All of my other account pirates are getting full, too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Jun 29, 2021 wrote:

Or even use doubloons in crafting...? (Or even let us trash them? (like the Egg Timer ones that have no use in PVE or PVP?)

Ensign
Dec 22, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 30, 2021 wrote:
Or even use doubloons in crafting...? (Or even let us trash them? (like the Egg Timer ones that have no use in PVE or PVP?)
Oh my goodness those dang Egg timers! GAH. Hate when I get those and you can really only use them in PvP but it's not worth it. Yet another reason to make a random "delete" character.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 30, 2021 wrote:
OMG Egg Timers -- I forgot about those!