Do not reset dungeons when 2 players join

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 13, 2011
45
I am sick and tired of people joining my dungeons resetting massive amounts of progress(usually on the final boss) and completely resetting my progress . Please make it so it doesn't reset and instead continues from where the player who made the most progress left off. Thank you.

Level 65 Buccaneer
Level 16 Swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
What has been confusing me is when someone joins a fight it has been resetting all my fight choices and I have to scramble to re-chose all my companion's and my selections. Is there any way to have the system not totally go back to zero when someone joins during the planing phase?

Administrator
justaguest on Nov 30, 2013 wrote:
I am sick and tired of people joining my dungeons resetting massive amounts of progress(usually on the final boss) and completely resetting my progress . Please make it so it doesn't reset and instead continues from where the player who made the most progress left off. Thank you.

Level 65 Buccaneer
Level 16 Swashbuckler
Hi! The easy solution seems to be turning off your teleports; however, perhaps there's something more here that I'm not aware of. Can you give me the name of an example dungeon where this happened to you so we can do further testing?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Administrator
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
What has been confusing me is when someone joins a fight it has been resetting all my fight choices and I have to scramble to re-chose all my companion's and my selections. Is there any way to have the system not totally go back to zero when someone joins during the planing phase?
The reason for this is that, when someone joins, the new person or their Companions (or the enemies they bring with them) may spawn in at a point where they block access to the enemy/enemies your units have targeted, making your commands not possible any more. In addition, given where the new units may spawn in, this also gives you an opportunity to re-assess where you're putting your Companions' actions now that you have help and possibly more enemies.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
The reason for this is that, when someone joins, the new person or their Companions (or the enemies they bring with them) may spawn in at a point where they block access to the enemy/enemies your units have targeted, making your commands not possible any more. In addition, given where the new units may spawn in, this also gives you an opportunity to re-assess where you're putting your Companions' actions now that you have help and possibly more enemies.
You know, that makes total sense. Thank you for showing me the wiser side of that issue. You guys were thinking way more moves ahead in the chess game than I was.
*Bows respectively*

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2012
55
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
Hi! The easy solution seems to be turning off your teleports; however, perhaps there's something more here that I'm not aware of. Can you give me the name of an example dungeon where this happened to you so we can do further testing?
Hello Jack, surprisingly instead of you answering my questions I am going to answer yours. He means when in the dungeon when you are defeated when you are very far in the dungeon. When you go onto the sigial and other people join you on the sigial all the progess you made is reset when they come with you.

Ensign
Feb 12, 2013
7
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
Hi! The easy solution seems to be turning off your teleports; however, perhaps there's something more here that I'm not aware of. Can you give me the name of an example dungeon where this happened to you so we can do further testing?
I think what Justaguest is referring to is the following:

If you die in a dungeon you have a period of time (presumably 30 minutes) to re-enter the dungeon before it resets.

The problem comes if someone else joins you at the dungeon entrance, if you don't step of the entrance quickly enough you both enter the dungeon and it is reset.

I once spent about 10 minutes stepping on and off the Presido entrance after dying in the boss fight every time I tried to enter someone else would try to join me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Jegpeg on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
I think what Justaguest is referring to is the following:

If you die in a dungeon you have a period of time (presumably 30 minutes) to re-enter the dungeon before it resets.

The problem comes if someone else joins you at the dungeon entrance, if you don't step of the entrance quickly enough you both enter the dungeon and it is reset.

I once spent about 10 minutes stepping on and off the Presido entrance after dying in the boss fight every time I tried to enter someone else would try to join me.
Yes I have encountered this problem before. I really wish there was a way to stop others from joining you on the sigil when you don't want them. Since changing realms to get away from them is impossible, as this would also reset the dungeon you are stuck with staying there and they continue to have fun at your expense when you repeatedly ask then to NOT join you. I don't understand it but there are quite a few players out there that think it is such a fun sport interfering with a player that is just trying to get back to their fight. It has happened to me a lot on Wizard too on dungeons like Tower of Helephant where if one player dies they use a vial and can re enter and continue to help their team but they are ejected from the team if someone else enters with them. Those same type of brats just love to enter with you and say something like "Lol noob" and they exit with evil glee.
We really do need a way to get around this since we cannot get away from them and they are not about to leave what they see as a great bullying opportunity as they get such fiendish delight in ruining another player's game.
I don't understand the mentality, I mean I get it but I just can't understand why that is such good fun for them. Just bully mentality I guess. It sure would be great to figure out a way to avoid this. Maybe just taking away the penalty for porting to another realm. If that would no longer reset the dungeon, then we can chose to get away from them and continue on with our dungeon.
What do you think oh wise developers?

Administrator
I'll be sure to forward your concerns along for discussion. Thanks all!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*