Dissapointed

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
183
I am very happy. I defeated the Nefarious Five...I have defeated them more times than I can recall. However, this fight was special. Want to know why? One of our members, who I may remark had the nefarious five badge and did NOT take off his gear, drank the potion. He wanted us to be defeated. He didn't say a word he just drank the potion. And his companion? Level thirty eight Romba. As if that wasn't worse he made his companion fight our charmed summons. But my team of a half health Musketeer, and a Witchdoctor (Which is what I am also), were able to defeat the nefarious five. As happy as I am that we were able to defeat them I am very disappointed. I would like to request that KI makes it to where if you are wearing the badge, or if you have already drank the potion and you're not wearing the badge that you are prohibited from drinking the potion. It is unfair to the players, some who might be new or some who might be farming, that they have to fight another full health all gear and weapon Nefarious. Please make this happen. Thank you.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
629
TheHoodooQueen on Nov 7, 2015 wrote:
I am very happy. I defeated the Nefarious Five...I have defeated them more times than I can recall. However, this fight was special. Want to know why? One of our members, who I may remark had the nefarious five badge and did NOT take off his gear, drank the potion. He wanted us to be defeated. He didn't say a word he just drank the potion. And his companion? Level thirty eight Romba. As if that wasn't worse he made his companion fight our charmed summons. But my team of a half health Musketeer, and a Witchdoctor (Which is what I am also), were able to defeat the nefarious five. As happy as I am that we were able to defeat them I am very disappointed. I would like to request that KI makes it to where if you are wearing the badge, or if you have already drank the potion and you're not wearing the badge that you are prohibited from drinking the potion. It is unfair to the players, some who might be new or some who might be farming, that they have to fight another full health all gear and weapon Nefarious. Please make this happen. Thank you.
like wow and how rude of him >.< i was gonna second this motion wholeheartedly then i had to pause.. other than the fact that he was random teamer and DRANK WITHOUT WARNING.. this could be a cool challenge if PLANNED..kinda like a mini battle royale but while getting gold gear etc...though i believe this isn't something that is a common troll(hopefully) nor would this be very popular not sure if it'd be fair to fully disallow it if someone was to try to plan it...
on the point of you defeating him anyways, wooo hoooo!!!! well done well done :3 glad you taught him a lesson.
stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9195
I have, out of 100 + runs, met three "double dippers", they're a special breed of troll, and have wrecked runs by drinking the potion while fully equipped, choosing a less than good companion and some also use doubloons while under the influence of the elixir.
It would be a great idea if KI makes it impossible to drink the elixir if you've been awarded "The Nefarious Sixth" badge, regardless of whether its equipped or not.
Good for you on trouncing that troll and showing him the true glory of a team that works together!

Bosun
Dec 24, 2009
394
TheHoodooQueen on Nov 7, 2015 wrote:
I am very happy. I defeated the Nefarious Five...I have defeated them more times than I can recall. However, this fight was special. Want to know why? One of our members, who I may remark had the nefarious five badge and did NOT take off his gear, drank the potion. He wanted us to be defeated. He didn't say a word he just drank the potion. And his companion? Level thirty eight Romba. As if that wasn't worse he made his companion fight our charmed summons. But my team of a half health Musketeer, and a Witchdoctor (Which is what I am also), were able to defeat the nefarious five. As happy as I am that we were able to defeat them I am very disappointed. I would like to request that KI makes it to where if you are wearing the badge, or if you have already drank the potion and you're not wearing the badge that you are prohibited from drinking the potion. It is unfair to the players, some who might be new or some who might be farming, that they have to fight another full health all gear and weapon Nefarious. Please make this happen. Thank you.
I'm speechless...

Oh, here are some words.

No... those wouldn't get past the moderators. Give me a moment...

Ok, here we go.
That dude, is a complete, and utter, jerk. If he had warned you, that would be one thing. If he had taken off his equipment, that would be another thing. If he at least chose a companion that was competent and had a buff, that would be another. However, this guy, deserves to be reported. He basically said, "Forget you guys, forget it all, deal with my... (clears throat) baloney". Thankfully you took him down. If I ever encounter a person like that in tower, I'm going to stay silent, but I will report them.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
732
Good work team, that showed that troll a thing or five. It's unfortunate someone went rouge and nearly cause the whole team a victory. Good job team, on your victory. That's what I'm talking about " fight on ', and defeat the troll.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
242
One time I accidentally drank the Potion and forgot to take my gear off, and I felt awful about it. I did choose a good companion though (I think it was either Bonnie or El Toro) and made sure to target whoever I thought would be best targeted. I think we still won but I still kinda felt bad. I'm sorry you had to play with someone who purposely sabotaged the run :(

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
183
anecorbie on Nov 9, 2015 wrote:
I have, out of 100 + runs, met three "double dippers", they're a special breed of troll, and have wrecked runs by drinking the potion while fully equipped, choosing a less than good companion and some also use doubloons while under the influence of the elixir.
It would be a great idea if KI makes it impossible to drink the elixir if you've been awarded "The Nefarious Sixth" badge, regardless of whether its equipped or not.
Good for you on trouncing that troll and showing him the true glory of a team that works together!
Funny you posted here because I remember your post, "Tower Personalities." I was going to end my "rant" I may call it I guess with, "You can add this to Anecorbie's list of Tower Trolls."


Petty Officer
Jun 10, 2013
87
Long shot here but did his name have Pedro in it? Wondering if it's the same one who did it to my group.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
183
ThriftyTiffanyWebb on Nov 10, 2015 wrote:
Long shot here but did his name have Pedro in it? Wondering if it's the same one who did it to my group.
I can't remember his name but he was a musketeer with Aquilla swashbuckler gear.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9195
FireMorgan13 on Nov 10, 2015 wrote:
I'm speechless...

Oh, here are some words.

No... those wouldn't get past the moderators. Give me a moment...

Ok, here we go.
That dude, is a complete, and utter, jerk. If he had warned you, that would be one thing. If he had taken off his equipment, that would be another thing. If he at least chose a companion that was competent and had a buff, that would be another. However, this guy, deserves to be reported. He basically said, "Forget you guys, forget it all, deal with my... (clears throat) baloney". Thankfully you took him down. If I ever encounter a person like that in tower, I'm going to stay silent, but I will report them.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
I do believe that this is a hostile act, but is it a reportable offense? You can hardly report someone for drinking the Elixir of Power even if they were completely equipped.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
629
anecorbie on Nov 11, 2015 wrote:
I do believe that this is a hostile act, but is it a reportable offense? You can hardly report someone for drinking the Elixir of Power even if they were completely equipped.
now if someone had charmed his funky tail he'd been forced to fight ON your side regardless of his intent? lmbo SO glad your team defeated him hoodoo queen..btw did you ask him why he thought this behavior was acceptable? gotta agree with anecorbie that it might not be a reportable offense, love to figure out some counterattacks if this was to happen to others.. purge magic? sluggish? charm? glacier? be good to have a plan if KI team cannot(because busy on other new dungeons/bosses) nerf the nefarious fight..
stormy jen silver

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
183
stormyjensilverdra... on Nov 12, 2015 wrote:
now if someone had charmed his funky tail he'd been forced to fight ON your side regardless of his intent? lmbo SO glad your team defeated him hoodoo queen..btw did you ask him why he thought this behavior was acceptable? gotta agree with anecorbie that it might not be a reportable offense, love to figure out some counterattacks if this was to happen to others.. purge magic? sluggish? charm? glacier? be good to have a plan if KI team cannot(because busy on other new dungeons/bosses) nerf the nefarious fight..
stormy jen silver
He had text chat so we could not speak to him, but I could tell from the previous levels he knew what he was doing. From the way he strategized and used his companions, he had done the tower many, many times. It's obvious he drank the potion just to stop us from progressing. Very displeasing. And I agree that banning people from drinking the potion if you already have is hostile, but I can't see another solution to it. However Stormy when you said purge magic I thought, "Well, technically isn't the Nefarious Potion a magical boost/charm?" therefore wouldn't Purge Magic rid the player of the Nefarious Charm? It sounds like a good solution but then another troll could submerge from this. New players looking to get the badge might drink the potion, but an unfriendly witchdoctor or someone with gear that grants Purge Magic, might use it on the player, ridding them of the charm and the badge. Now, a good solution to this is maybe after two or maybe three of the nefarious are defeated only then could Purge Magic have an effect on the player. Or maybe once the charmed player is defeated but then revived, only then could Purge Magic have an effect on them.

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
135
TheHoodooQueen on Nov 7, 2015 wrote:
I am very happy. I defeated the Nefarious Five...I have defeated them more times than I can recall. However, this fight was special. Want to know why? One of our members, who I may remark had the nefarious five badge and did NOT take off his gear, drank the potion. He wanted us to be defeated. He didn't say a word he just drank the potion. And his companion? Level thirty eight Romba. As if that wasn't worse he made his companion fight our charmed summons. But my team of a half health Musketeer, and a Witchdoctor (Which is what I am also), were able to defeat the nefarious five. As happy as I am that we were able to defeat them I am very disappointed. I would like to request that KI makes it to where if you are wearing the badge, or if you have already drank the potion and you're not wearing the badge that you are prohibited from drinking the potion. It is unfair to the players, some who might be new or some who might be farming, that they have to fight another full health all gear and weapon Nefarious. Please make this happen. Thank you.
What a savage

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9195
TheHoodooQueen on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
He had text chat so we could not speak to him, but I could tell from the previous levels he knew what he was doing. From the way he strategized and used his companions, he had done the tower many, many times. It's obvious he drank the potion just to stop us from progressing. Very displeasing. And I agree that banning people from drinking the potion if you already have is hostile, but I can't see another solution to it. However Stormy when you said purge magic I thought, "Well, technically isn't the Nefarious Potion a magical boost/charm?" therefore wouldn't Purge Magic rid the player of the Nefarious Charm? It sounds like a good solution but then another troll could submerge from this. New players looking to get the badge might drink the potion, but an unfriendly witchdoctor or someone with gear that grants Purge Magic, might use it on the player, ridding them of the charm and the badge. Now, a good solution to this is maybe after two or maybe three of the nefarious are defeated only then could Purge Magic have an effect on the player. Or maybe once the charmed player is defeated but then revived, only then could Purge Magic have an effect on them.
Unfortunately, Hoodoo Queen, the Elixir of Power doesn't work that way - the effects are permanent through the battle. Charm doesn't work on the Five or the elixir user. The elixir confers complete immunity to charm and purge. And I must say using purge in that battle will lose the user every buff on them.
You can't revive a defeated elixir user, the Nef - 5 will do that. The only way to return the low-down, backstabbing troll to normal ( if you can call being a troll normal ) is to win the battle.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
548
Who are the neferious 5? And can someone explain why his action was bad?

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
31
anecorbie on Nov 9, 2015 wrote:
I have, out of 100 + runs, met three "double dippers", they're a special breed of troll, and have wrecked runs by drinking the potion while fully equipped, choosing a less than good companion and some also use doubloons while under the influence of the elixir.
It would be a great idea if KI makes it impossible to drink the elixir if you've been awarded "The Nefarious Sixth" badge, regardless of whether its equipped or not.
Good for you on trouncing that troll and showing him the true glory of a team that works together!
Yea I have encountered a couple myself once we were going against the five and he just goes and drinks the potion without any warning we won it was just a hassle

-Stubborn diego kidd

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9195
darkmoordude on Jan 2, 2016 wrote:
Who are the neferious 5? And can someone explain why his action was bad?
I don't really want to spoil anything for you, but an honest question deserves an answer.
The Nefarious Five are five ( each class ) pirates who have come under the influence of Moo Manchu, an evil sorcerer from MooShu. The reason that player's action was bad is this: if you drink the Elixir of Power, you become "evil" and join the Nefarious Five against your team mates. If the team defeats the drinker and the Nefarious Five then the drinker is awarded "The Nefarious Sixth" badge, this badge has an effect of giving red, glowing eyes. Usually a play asks for permission and unequips their gear before drinking; that this player ( who already had the badge ) drank the Elixir shows that he was wanting to destroy that team-up.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
619
darkmoordude on Jan 2, 2016 wrote:
Who are the neferious 5? And can someone explain why his action was bad?
They're one of the mini boss battles in the tower of moo manchu. You fight 5 people, which are every class in the game. They're a real challenge since you can only pick one companion to fight with, plus the Privateer has charming gaze. There is an elixir made by moo himself that he tempts you to drink, hence the battle. If you do drink it, you become a nefarious one. When the battle's won, you get the nefarious sixth badge, which when you equip it your eyes glow. Usually when a player wants to drink the potion they'll unequip their gear so they're easy to defeat. This guy drank without warning.

Pretty frustrating.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
anecorbie on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
Unfortunately, Hoodoo Queen, the Elixir of Power doesn't work that way - the effects are permanent through the battle. Charm doesn't work on the Five or the elixir user. The elixir confers complete immunity to charm and purge. And I must say using purge in that battle will lose the user every buff on them.
You can't revive a defeated elixir user, the Nef - 5 will do that. The only way to return the low-down, backstabbing troll to normal ( if you can call being a troll normal ) is to win the battle.
Also to add once you go to nefarious side a witch or anyone with sprocket key coukd bring you back making the badge way too easy to get

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
548
anecorbie on Jan 2, 2016 wrote:
I don't really want to spoil anything for you, but an honest question deserves an answer.
The Nefarious Five are five ( each class ) pirates who have come under the influence of Moo Manchu, an evil sorcerer from MooShu. The reason that player's action was bad is this: if you drink the Elixir of Power, you become "evil" and join the Nefarious Five against your team mates. If the team defeats the drinker and the Nefarious Five then the drinker is awarded "The Nefarious Sixth" badge, this badge has an effect of giving red, glowing eyes. Usually a play asks for permission and unequips their gear before drinking; that this player ( who already had the badge ) drank the Elixir shows that he was wanting to destroy that team-up.
Oh that's fine. I have completed the game on my privateer, Ty.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
anecorbie on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
Unfortunately, Hoodoo Queen, the Elixir of Power doesn't work that way - the effects are permanent through the battle. Charm doesn't work on the Five or the elixir user. The elixir confers complete immunity to charm and purge. And I must say using purge in that battle will lose the user every buff on them.
You can't revive a defeated elixir user, the Nef - 5 will do that. The only way to return the low-down, backstabbing troll to normal ( if you can call being a troll normal ) is to win the battle.
Isn't the nefarious charm a negative effect thus dispel would work instead of purge

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1115
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 5, 2016 wrote:
Isn't the nefarious charm a negative effect thus dispel would work instead of purge
That's an interesting question. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to experiment and let us know.

I suspect, though, that there is no way to mitigate the effect of the potion once it's taken.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 9, 2016 wrote:
That's an interesting question. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to experiment and let us know.

I suspect, though, that there is no way to mitigate the effect of the potion once it's taken.
I agree with you saying it can't be removed but the team could have overlooked it, I am willing to test this with someone who has the techno glasses