For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Discussion: PvP Champion Gear sets

1
AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
69
Please add back the pvp champion weapons, and remove the dark sea gear. The former Champion weapons are in every way superior, and are an essential part of the games pvp system (since they are the best weapons in the game for most classes) A response from one of the developers would be GREATLY appreciated. It is my belief that this is an integral part of the game, and it is a necessary incentive for maxes to continue to play
I also believe that most of my fellow pirates would appreciate this as well, and that this is something that won't take a major amount of time or effort to implement. So I would like to simply as KI to change what the weapon vendor sells back to its prior seasonal weapons.I have made similar posts in the past but I intend to continue to pursue this goal until it is completed since this is something that I adamantly believe in.

Have a great day and see you in the spiral!

-valdus level 70

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
69
Once again a response from a developer would be appreciated!

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
69
I completely understand that the KI team is very busy, but I am curious as to if they will respond or not.

Administrator
Hi valdus! Apologies about taking so long to get back to you.

I'm sending your feedback on the gear to our lead designer to have a look. We'd be curious to see if anyone else has this same consideration too.

Thanks for the feedback!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1206
Truthfully, I don't do PvP and I don't care about the seasonal weapons. It won't affect me if they bring them back; it won't affect me if they don't.

Not sure how PvP (a small part of the game) can have any URGENT issues, but if it's keeping players in game I guess it's important enough.

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
69
Thank you very much. The active role that you have taken in the community as of late has been greatly appreciated, and there have been numerous posts on the spar chamber forum from myself and many like minded pirates discussing this very topic. Have a wonderful day and stay healthy

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
69
Additionally, some specific examples of other pirates that are in favor of adding back the previous set of weapons are as follows:
www.pirate101.com/forum/the-spar-chamber/pvp-weapon-vendor-8ad6a42b70ecace70170feb6eeb676f5?page=1

www.pirate101.com/forum/the-spar-chamber/new-pvp-weapons-8ad6a4256f18405c016f2129c9d50ce9?page=1

www.pirate101.com/forum/the-spar-chamber/new-pvp-rewards-8ad6a424699a21ac01699b1843e31716?page=1

www.pirate101.com/forum/the-spar-chamber/pvp-weapons-need-to-all-be-on-pvp-vendor-8ad6a42b6cdc80d0016d05357ede42b6?page=1

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-spar-chamber/the-spring-season-8ad6a42b6abaa788016ad8539e86053f?page=1

www.pirate101.com/forum/the-spar-chamber/dont-discontinue-pvp-weapons-8ad6a42668c263980168ca25233e3b47?page=1

Note: Across these 6 topics you should find close to 40 unique posts made by active members of the community who have all voiced there opinions in favor of adding the weapons back. I assure you that you will be hard pressed to find a single person who is opposed to this idea. It is almost universally supported by the community.

I look forward to the return of these iconic pieces of gear, and if you need anymore examples I will be more than willing to provide!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
470
Bat Masterson on Apr 10, 2020 wrote:
Hi valdus! Apologies about taking so long to get back to you.

I'm sending your feedback on the gear to our lead designer to have a look. We'd be curious to see if anyone else has this same consideration too.

Thanks for the feedback!
Bat Masterson,

This complaint has been voiced numerous times over the last year, some by now former prominent PvP players.

In March

In September 2019

In March 2019

In February 2019

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
Oran from Urz on Apr 11, 2020 wrote:
Bat Masterson,

This complaint has been voiced numerous times over the last year, some by now former prominent PvP players.

In March

In September 2019

In March 2019

In February 2019
It's because they're not really paying attention to us - all their focus is on W101. ( Who's tired of this? Raise your hand! )

@ Fiorenza, There are many players who don't care about PVP, but it is part of this game. There are quite a few who would love to engage in this activity, but without a desirable reward, who would make the effort? ( might as well just PVP in the Spar Chamber. )
Rewards are what drives farming, too. Isn't the problem in the newest dungeons that the rewards are subpar?

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
69
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Apr 10, 2020 wrote:
Truthfully, I don't do PvP and I don't care about the seasonal weapons. It won't affect me if they bring them back; it won't affect me if they don't.

Not sure how PvP (a small part of the game) can have any URGENT issues, but if it's keeping players in game I guess it's important enough.
It's urgent because of the fact that pvp is the primary incentive for most pirates to keep playing the game after they reach max. Additionally, due to a number of recent world events there has been a spike in the player base as of late, and therefore if ki would like to retain some of these returning players it would be in the best interests of both the Pirate101 community and ki themselves to add the weapons back as quickly as possible.

Also pvp is no small part of the game, it is by far the most advanced and tactical form of combat that a player can experience. Simply because you don't participate in something (which is perfectly fine) doesn't minimalize its significance.

Valdus level 70

Ensign
Dec 04, 2012
1
valdus15797 on Apr 5, 2020 wrote:
Once again a response from a developer would be appreciated!
I support this

Ensign
Jan 14, 2019
1
Ya I wouldn’t mind having the champ weapons coming back.

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
69
Bat Masterson on Apr 10, 2020 wrote:
Hi valdus! Apologies about taking so long to get back to you.

I'm sending your feedback on the gear to our lead designer to have a look. We'd be curious to see if anyone else has this same consideration too.

Thanks for the feedback!
The community clearly has shown overwhelming support for this idea (in this thread as well as several others.) If you don't mind me asking, should we expect any immediate action from the lead gear designer or other members of the kingsisle staff on this topic?

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
470
valdus15797 on Apr 14, 2020 wrote:
The community clearly has shown overwhelming support for this idea (in this thread as well as several others.) If you don't mind me asking, should we expect any immediate action from the lead gear designer or other members of the kingsisle staff on this topic?
Valdus,

This game only receives one or two updates a year, so even if the lead designer is made aware (and agrees), expect to wait several months for a fix/change to go live (the earliest would probably be in October based on the current trend of updates).

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
69
Bat Masterson on Apr 10, 2020 wrote:
Hi valdus! Apologies about taking so long to get back to you.

I'm sending your feedback on the gear to our lead designer to have a look. We'd be curious to see if anyone else has this same consideration too.

Thanks for the feedback!
We appreciate your willingness to cooperate with the community, and therefore I am wondering if you included the fact that there is an overwhelming amount of support for the topic at hand when you informed the lead developers of this issue. (or the fact that all that would need to be done is changing what one weapon vendor sells, making it a remarkably low effort and relatively simple improvement that would have a vast positive impact on overall game play) Additionally, I am curious as to what the lead developers said.
Thank you!

Note: I am greatly anticipating a response, and I hope that you stay happy and healthy in these challenging times!

Have a wonderful day

-valdus level 70

Ensign
Jul 11, 2019
2
i agree, i think bringing champ weapons back would positively impact the game

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
zoedoll296 on Apr 20, 2020 wrote:
i agree, i think bringing champ weapons back would positively impact the game
Welcome to the message boards, zoedoll296!

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
69
After viewing the recent ki live, I am happy to inform all of you that the weapons will return. (eventually) The only question that remains is when will they be returning? (Perhaps Bat can shed some light on this since Decius said that they would be added back when the seasons finished going through their cycle but idk if the cycle ends at the start of summer or the end of winter) Additionally, in regards to replacing some of the champion weapons, I would like to say that the fall and spring weapons are fair rewards for attaining the elite status of champion, but the summer and dark sea/winter weapons are in desperate need of replacement in order to bring the rewards for those seasons up to par with the other champion weapons.I am very happy to see that the KI staff has made a commitment to continuing to support this game, and I believe that if we rally as a community around a single post in the same way that we rallied around mine we have a genuine chance of breathing new life into this game!

Valdus- level 70

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
69
Once again a follow up response from bat or rat beard would be greatly appreciated

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
69
Oran from Urz on Apr 18, 2020 wrote:
Valdus,

This game only receives one or two updates a year, so even if the lead designer is made aware (and agrees), expect to wait several months for a fix/change to go live (the earliest would probably be in October based on the current trend of updates).
Oran,

Decius already confirmed that he would be adding the weapons back, and he said that he would also consider replacing some of them with new weapons. Hopefully he only replaces the winter weapons, and gives us a more powerful reward for that season (I hope that he uses the original models since the original look of the champion weapons was great imo) The only question that remains is when will they be added back.

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
69
A follow up would be greatly appreciated!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
valdus15797 on May 19, 2020 wrote:
A follow up would be greatly appreciated!
Valdus, KI doesn't care, we're not their priority, W101 is.

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
69
anecorbie on May 20, 2020 wrote:
Valdus, KI doesn't care, we're not their priority, W101 is.
Even if we aren't their primary focus they still put a decent amount of time into a game that earns much less than wiz, so any time that people like bat or decius put into the game is greatly appreciated. The reality of the situation is that p101 is a game that doesn't have enough funding or manpower to deliver the things that people like you naively expect to receive from a game with a dwindling player base. (that's why my request was to simply change what one vendor sells which is a relatively easy change to make)

Side note: I sincerely hope that the original summer weapons are back in the brawling hall once the next season of ranked starts.

-Valdus level 70

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
valdus15797 on May 30, 2020 wrote:
Even if we aren't their primary focus they still put a decent amount of time into a game that earns much less than wiz, so any time that people like bat or decius put into the game is greatly appreciated. The reality of the situation is that p101 is a game that doesn't have enough funding or manpower to deliver the things that people like you naively expect to receive from a game with a dwindling player base. (that's why my request was to simply change what one vendor sells which is a relatively easy change to make)

Side note: I sincerely hope that the original summer weapons are back in the brawling hall once the next season of ranked starts.

-Valdus level 70
We paid for it - we should get what we pay for. Zero content for our dollars is unacceptable. I see that you don't even have a solid time frame for those weapons, so don't hold your breath.

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
69
anecorbie on Jun 1, 2020 wrote:
We paid for it - we should get what we pay for. Zero content for our dollars is unacceptable. I see that you don't even have a solid time frame for those weapons, so don't hold your breath.
1 it would take a minuscule amount of effort to add a set of weapons with existing assets and animations (maybe bump up the weapon power a few points and make a level 70 variant)

2 if you expect ki to invest all of the revenue it gets from the p101 back into the game you're completely and utterly delusional ki has had a host of internal problems from leadership changes to limited funding

3 it makes perfect sense that they would prioritize wiz over pirate since wiz is a much more consistent and reliable source of income for them as a company (since at the end of the day they are a business and their main goal is to make money)

4 when people (such as yourself) complain the second that they actually do put any form of effort into the game and say "iT's nOt eNoUgH i WaNt cRaFtInG" it only discourages them from developing the game further (take the nautical xp or skeleton bosses as examples)

a follow up from ki would be appreciated

- Valdus level 70

1