Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Deleting Unimportant Companions?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 18, 2013
I know what some are thinking about this thread, "People will just delete all the main companions ahh!!!".
But I have a suggestion, which I think some people would like. You know how you have some companions that are just cluttering your companion list and they are really annoying? Well I think that Pirate101 should add a new feature, a feature that lets us delete unimportant companions. Of course, there will be some companions that you couldn't delete, ( School companions, Bonnie Anne, RatBeard, El Toro, ect). But there are some companions that are just very annoying, like the crazy monkey and the monkey spear man from the Gortez quests. Lets say you got a companion from a side quest, thought he would be good but he is now just taking up room. You could delete him and get set amount of training points back. (I say the amount of points you get back depends on how high of the level). I hope you guys like this idea, and I would love to hear your feedback on this!

Thanks for reading!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FierySilverWolf on Nov 2, 2014 wrote:
I know what some are thinking about this thread, "People will just delete all the main companions ahh!!!".
But I have a suggestion, which I think some people would like. You know how you have some companions that are just cluttering your companion list and they are really annoying? Well I think that Pirate101 should add a new feature, a feature that lets us delete unimportant companions. Of course, there will be some companions that you couldn't delete, ( School companions, Bonnie Anne, RatBeard, El Toro, ect). But there are some companions that are just very annoying, like the crazy monkey and the monkey spear man from the Gortez quests. Lets say you got a companion from a side quest, thought he would be good but he is now just taking up room. You could delete him and get set amount of training points back. (I say the amount of points you get back depends on how high of the level). I hope you guys like this idea, and I would love to hear your feedback on this!

Thanks for reading!
Ok, I really don't know why I'm replying to this; this is maybe the SECOND post regarding deleting or letting go companions.
These features are completely unnecessary! The new companion management allows you to choose which companions appear for combat, the others ( the ones you can't stand, or are otherwise 'subpar' ) you can just put them on permanent tasks for you. Extra gold, gear, nautical exp or companion exp, & most importantly pet wranglin' ( snacks, gear or a new pet ).
Really, there is no need to ask for getting rid of companions! Since a few players now have over a hundred companions, I don't see why we have to worry about running out of space for crew members.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Thanks for reading!
Hi Again Wolf, Well written and I see you really thought about this but my comment on your other post still stands. Just me though.
Keep thinking, It's how ya learn to be a better player.

Commodore
May 31, 2009

Thanks for reading!
Companions don't just, as you say, "take up room". Nowadays with the Advanced Companions update you can put them on task so they bring back gold, training tomes, nautical experience, gear, pet snacks/gear, or even experience for themselves. There is absolutely no need whatsoever to be able to delete a companion. I don't know why people lately have been wanting to do this, I think it's silly to want to get rid of a crew member when they can be useful in other ways than just battling.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Hi SilverWolf and welcome to the message boards

This has been asked before and some players responding to this have said its best to keep all the companions you get, due to the new advanced companion actions once they hit lvl 8+ they can do multiple things for you, from collecting pet stuff to getting you free nautical xp

personally i collect every companion i can and set those "useless" ones on tasks that will improve my pirate

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
I'd love the ability to delete some companions I never, ever use also.

Ensign
Jul 29, 2009
Why would you delete companions when you can make them plunder, sail, pet wrangle, etc.?

Admiral
May 30, 2010

Thanks for reading!
Why bother to delete him if you can just ship him out to wrangle pets or fetch you some money or items or get you a little additional nautical experience? Even the annoying and fairly useless hermit crab companion is good for getting stuff for my pirate.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
No companion just takes up room.
Ever companion can be useful to you if you use them right, I have defeated creatures from Aquila with the aid of Crazy Monquistador, Sky Snake and Water Mole Slingman, didn't lose a single one of them, it all depends on how you use a companion and how you build them up.
I don't think deleting a companion should be an added feature, if you don't like a companion aiding in battle, then you can make them work by getting gold, equipment, pet items, ship xp, xp for themselves or training tomes.
I do understand what you are trying to say that some companions can just take up space, but saying they are useless is more of an opinion than a fact, companions are only useless if you don't use them.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012

Thanks for reading!
well. . . . i completely disagree. I understand that some people get OCD about things, but since we can now send companions off to do tasks to earn us gold, gear, pet items, experience, and training points. why would you want to throw away loot factories?

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Well, building off your idea of taking unimportant companions off of your companion list, I think they could also add a feature where you can put your companions in your house or possibly have a spot for them on your ship, to make space in your list.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Before the Advanced Companion Update, this was very hot topic and I would have agreed with you. Now, we can have Companions that we don't want to use do other things that help our Pirate (earn Gold, earn Naval Experience, find equipment, earn Training Points, earn experience for themselves or do Pet Wrangling). This makes them more useful now and, while they are out on orders, they won't appear in battles. You just have to keep them out on orders since, if they finish the task, they can appear in battle. Of course you can make only the first 3 Companions appear in battle which makes it a lot easier to know who should be in a fight. Just move all Companions you don't like to the end of the Companion List and keep them busy with Orders. So, no I cannot agree with you and am very glad that KI went this way with the Pirate101.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Noble Tyler Strong on Nov 3, 2014 wrote:
No companion just takes up room.
Ever companion can be useful to you if you use them right, I have defeated creatures from Aquila with the aid of Crazy Monquistador, Sky Snake and Water Mole Slingman, didn't lose a single one of them, it all depends on how you use a companion and how you build them up.
I don't think deleting a companion should be an added feature, if you don't like a companion aiding in battle, then you can make them work by getting gold, equipment, pet items, ship xp, xp for themselves or training tomes.
I do understand what you are trying to say that some companions can just take up space, but saying they are useless is more of an opinion than a fact, companions are only useless if you don't use them.
"Companions are only useless if you don't use them"
Very well said.

Community Leader
Since the last big companion update, I went back and completed all the companion side quests I had avoided previously (to keep the crew size down and manageable) because it was no longer necessary. Its actually detrimental to try to cut your crew "down to size" so to speak.

Not having the additional companions with the current system actually limits a player unnecessarily.
Why not send all the companions you don't want battling on tasks to get you gold, gear, pet snacks, to help level your nautical, or to help the companion improve themselves.

Now you cant have too many companions... the more you have, the larger your "work" force, and that's a good thing. And it no longer technically "costs" to train them, send them off on their own training. Keeps them out of your way, and gets them upgraded with little or no effort. ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Nov 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 2, 2014 wrote:
Hi Again Wolf, Well written and I see you really thought about this but my comment on your other post still stands. Just me though.
Keep thinking, It's how ya learn to be a better player.
do you agree with me on this? sorry but i don't like this idea i like to keep all my companions i bought / earned...the reason for allot of companions is for if you need extra backup...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
EpicRapBattlefan90... on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
do you agree with me on this? sorry but i don't like this idea i like to keep all my companions i bought / earned...the reason for allot of companions is for if you need extra backup...
Yes, keeping them makes perfect sense now. If you click on the link in my above response it shares that. I just didn't want to be redundant.