Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Daily Wheel

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
23
Hmm i was thinking it would be awesome that there is alot of people who log in each day well there should be a daily spin kind of thing

Like on the wheel you can get gold, pet gear , pet snacks , gear, pets and riders.

You only spin 1 per day and everyday you log in like the next day is 2 then 3 then so on and so forth. Then on the 7th day you can get more rare stuff like the week special like get a item from the crown shop if your lucky enough :D.

Would be pretty cool if that starts to happen

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9546
RetroWolf2134 on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
Hmm i was thinking it would be awesome that there is alot of people who log in each day well there should be a daily spin kind of thing

Like on the wheel you can get gold, pet gear , pet snacks , gear, pets and riders.

You only spin 1 per day and everyday you log in like the next day is 2 then 3 then so on and so forth. Then on the 7th day you can get more rare stuff like the week special like get a item from the crown shop if your lucky enough :D.

Would be pretty cool if that starts to happen
Did you play Free Realms? Because that's exactly what that MMO had. ( Another MMO that no longer exists ).
I don't think Ki should be copying unsuccessful games.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
23
free realms my favorite game like forever until it sunsetted i am very sad they closed the game
But this idea occurred to me not because of free realms but seeing how almost all mmo games out there have a daily spin or daily gift or something it would be awesome if pirate101 did the same

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2013
68
anecorbie on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
Did you play Free Realms? Because that's exactly what that MMO had. ( Another MMO that no longer exists ).
I don't think Ki should be copying unsuccessful games.
FreeRealms also had quests. Pirate101 should stay away from quests because that will make their game unsuccessful right? Just because a game that shut down had X element does not mean X is a bad thing. I think this would be cool, as long as the drop rates on the crowns stuff were low enough that it didn't cut into KI's bottom line too much.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9546
Robobot1747 on Jan 10, 2015 wrote:
FreeRealms also had quests. Pirate101 should stay away from quests because that will make their game unsuccessful right? Just because a game that shut down had X element does not mean X is a bad thing. I think this would be cool, as long as the drop rates on the crowns stuff were low enough that it didn't cut into KI's bottom line too much.
They didn't have a continuing story quest line, the quests were mostly 'job' related and as soon as you reached level 20 in a 'job' that was it. Face it , Free Realms was a very social, 'party' driven MMO, without the great writing that makes P101 so exciting to play. I would hate to see KI going down that road.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
23
Admiral
May 30, 2010
1132
RetroWolf2134 on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
Hmm i was thinking it would be awesome that there is alot of people who log in each day well there should be a daily spin kind of thing

Like on the wheel you can get gold, pet gear , pet snacks , gear, pets and riders.

You only spin 1 per day and everyday you log in like the next day is 2 then 3 then so on and so forth. Then on the 7th day you can get more rare stuff like the week special like get a item from the crown shop if your lucky enough :D.

Would be pretty cool if that starts to happen
Save up your gold and buy the Smuggler's Cove house. Your wishing well will give you gold or scrip once a day. If KI follows the W101 model we might get houses that have some sort of gift-giver in them once crafting or tinkering or engineering or whatever they're going to call it comes in.

While free stuff is nice, I sometimes think we're far too demanding. They give us a small thing we asked for and we demand more, gratis, and often don't bother to say please for what we want or thank you for what they've already done. They work to give us something to do while they're dealing with the next book and we whine about how long it's been since they raised the level cap or gave us a promotion for a favorite companion and why can't we stitch ships and how come I can't just trade my house to another pirate rather than having to buy a house for him separately and I got great no trade gear that doesn't work for the pirate that found it and FIX THAT NOW! And why doesn't the developer respond to my every post AND get all the coding done because it's been forever since I've had new content and now my head is going to pop and I'll never play this game again but I'll come to the forums and whine and....

Sorry, kind of went off on a tangent there. A daily gift would be nice, but we have a chance to get it if we buy the Smuggler's cove. Sure it'll cost you either 1,000,000 gold or real money in crowns, and it'll only give you scrip or (more usually) gold, but it's free. I'm not having to quest for it. I can get it for any one of my pirates every day as long as that pirate bought the house. It doesn't require new code, so the developers can do their actual job and try to get that new book so many are complaining about done.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9546
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 11, 2015 wrote:
Save up your gold and buy the Smuggler's Cove house. Your wishing well will give you gold or scrip once a day. If KI follows the W101 model we might get houses that have some sort of gift-giver in them once crafting or tinkering or engineering or whatever they're going to call it comes in.

While free stuff is nice, I sometimes think we're far too demanding. They give us a small thing we asked for and we demand more, gratis, and often don't bother to say please for what we want or thank you for what they've already done. They work to give us something to do while they're dealing with the next book and we whine about how long it's been since they raised the level cap or gave us a promotion for a favorite companion and why can't we stitch ships and how come I can't just trade my house to another pirate rather than having to buy a house for him separately and I got great no trade gear that doesn't work for the pirate that found it and FIX THAT NOW! And why doesn't the developer respond to my every post AND get all the coding done because it's been forever since I've had new content and now my head is going to pop and I'll never play this game again but I'll come to the forums and whine and....

Sorry, kind of went off on a tangent there. A daily gift would be nice, but we have a chance to get it if we buy the Smuggler's cove. Sure it'll cost you either 1,000,000 gold or real money in crowns, and it'll only give you scrip or (more usually) gold, but it's free. I'm not having to quest for it. I can get it for any one of my pirates every day as long as that pirate bought the house. It doesn't require new code, so the developers can do their actual job and try to get that new book so many are complaining about done.
Oops, Fiorenza! You missed a comma there; the house is 10,000 crowns or 100,000 gold, not a million.
But that's a very good point you made, be thankful for what you have. FreeRealms, as fun as it was, still never gave away free Station Cash, the way KI gives away free crowns, and you can do this daily by either playing the trivia games or watching videos for crowns in game.
So, really, KI is giving us much more than other MMOs!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1132
anecorbie on Jan 12, 2015 wrote:
Oops, Fiorenza! You missed a comma there; the house is 10,000 crowns or 100,000 gold, not a million.
But that's a very good point you made, be thankful for what you have. FreeRealms, as fun as it was, still never gave away free Station Cash, the way KI gives away free crowns, and you can do this daily by either playing the trivia games or watching videos for crowns in game.
So, really, KI is giving us much more than other MMOs!
Indeed, thanks for catching that anecorbie! I can only plead excessive stuffedness, since Indigo and I had gone out to a very nice Brazilian restaurant for lunch and I have so much trouble saying 'no' to the nice meat-bearers.

Yes, the house isn't nearly as expensive as I claimed when you're spending gold, so all the better reason to buy it!

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
162
Robobot1747 on Jan 10, 2015 wrote:
FreeRealms also had quests. Pirate101 should stay away from quests because that will make their game unsuccessful right? Just because a game that shut down had X element does not mean X is a bad thing. I think this would be cool, as long as the drop rates on the crowns stuff were low enough that it didn't cut into KI's bottom line too much.
Oh, I loved FreeRealms That game had so much...well...freedom; and awesome graphics as well. I was devistated when it was shut down . From what I read, the reason that FreeRealms shut down was because, as said by the producers, people had started to grow out of it. In other words, people were growing up and probably decided that it was too childish for them, resulting in decreasing player numbers. I really don't think KI has to worry about this issue; as I've heard that adults of all ages play too. As for the spinning wheel idea, it's a bit of a tough call. In FreeRealms, the wheel rewards consisted of clothing, housing items, trading cards, pet gear, gold, potions, and more spins (if I remember right). Our companions can already collect nautical XP, gold, equipment, pet gear, and their own XP, we have the "Earn Crowns" button, plus we now have the wishing well in Smuggler's Cove that drops gold or scrip daily. Most of the receiving content have been covered so I'm not sure what else could be added to qualify for a spinning wheel.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
23