"Cut your Colossus" thoughts

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
1891
I enjoyed the instance quest "Cut your Colossus" on Aquila's Talos, but I have a few thoughts about the instance's quest.

1. When Bonnie Anne and Hawkules are trying to open the Temple Door to the Temple of Hephaestus, there are no accompanying sound effects. And when all of the 8 Gems were gathered from defeating the Colossus, and placed on the door's sockets, the Temple Door doesn't open cinematically.

2. About the boss in the instance's end, Talos, Hawkules said Bronze Talos was bronze, but from the looks of it, Bronze Talos doesn't actually look bronze than Hawkules said he would be. I recommend you update his look to make him look much more bronze, to match the appearance in accordance to Hawkules' speech description of Bronze Talos.

3. Grant Bronze Talos a Second Chance Chest after we defeat him in the end of the instance.

I ask of you to please implement these changes in the instance quest.

Thanks for listening!

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
229
Good idea. The small things make everything better.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
183
Trimond297 on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
I enjoyed the instance quest "Cut your Colossus" on Aquila's Talos, but I have a few thoughts about the instance's quest.

1. When Bonnie Anne and Hawkules are trying to open the Temple Door to the Temple of Hephaestus, there are no accompanying sound effects. And when all of the 8 Gems were gathered from defeating the Colossus, and placed on the door's sockets, the Temple Door doesn't open cinematically.

2. About the boss in the instance's end, Talos, Hawkules said Bronze Talos was bronze, but from the looks of it, Bronze Talos doesn't actually look bronze than Hawkules said he would be. I recommend you update his look to make him look much more bronze, to match the appearance in accordance to Hawkules' speech description of Bronze Talos.

3. Grant Bronze Talos a Second Chance Chest after we defeat him in the end of the instance.

I ask of you to please implement these changes in the instance quest.

Thanks for listening!
I saw this too. But I like to send positive reports of the awesome game called Pirate101

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Trimond297 on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
I enjoyed the instance quest "Cut your Colossus" on Aquila's Talos, but I have a few thoughts about the instance's quest.

1. When Bonnie Anne and Hawkules are trying to open the Temple Door to the Temple of Hephaestus, there are no accompanying sound effects. And when all of the 8 Gems were gathered from defeating the Colossus, and placed on the door's sockets, the Temple Door doesn't open cinematically.

2. About the boss in the instance's end, Talos, Hawkules said Bronze Talos was bronze, but from the looks of it, Bronze Talos doesn't actually look bronze than Hawkules said he would be. I recommend you update his look to make him look much more bronze, to match the appearance in accordance to Hawkules' speech description of Bronze Talos.

3. Grant Bronze Talos a Second Chance Chest after we defeat him in the end of the instance.

I ask of you to please implement these changes in the instance quest.

Thanks for listening!
I'll have to observe instances 1 & 2 a bit more thoroughly next time, Trimond. But I 100% agree with #3. That entire dungeon/instance is very, very, very long. I think either a SCC or shortening of the entire dungeon (after you complete the quest in the storyline) would be a fantastic and very welcomed addition. I wrote about the length and tedious nature of the Talos dungeon in this thread a couple of weeks back. That is the only dungeon that I have come across that can easily take a lot longer than what the 'dungeon timer warning' suggests.

I would, as well as many others, so welcome the addition of a SCC for Talos or at least if the dungeon was 'cut in half' (time wise), it would make farming him so much more bearable. I noticed that on the wiki there are very few drops recorded for him and I am willing to bet that it is because players don't have the time or want to trudge through that long dungeon.

And after all, a SCC, is sure to make the kind folks at KI a bit more green and many players a bit more happy- so it could be a win/win situation.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
1891
1Of1Musketeer on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
I saw this too. But I like to send positive reports of the awesome game called Pirate101
My thoughts on that instance were to give Talos a new look to make him look more bronze, because he looks like the other regular Colossus, in terms of color appearances, but not like the others such as Rusty Colossus and Quicksilver Colossus.

And I do get that the game is great.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
1891
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
I'll have to observe instances 1 & 2 a bit more thoroughly next time, Trimond. But I 100% agree with #3. That entire dungeon/instance is very, very, very long. I think either a SCC or shortening of the entire dungeon (after you complete the quest in the storyline) would be a fantastic and very welcomed addition. I wrote about the length and tedious nature of the Talos dungeon in this thread a couple of weeks back. That is the only dungeon that I have come across that can easily take a lot longer than what the 'dungeon timer warning' suggests.

I would, as well as many others, so welcome the addition of a SCC for Talos or at least if the dungeon was 'cut in half' (time wise), it would make farming him so much more bearable. I noticed that on the wiki there are very few drops recorded for him and I am willing to bet that it is because players don't have the time or want to trudge through that long dungeon.

And after all, a SCC, is sure to make the kind folks at KI a bit more green and many players a bit more happy- so it could be a win/win situation.
They did trim down some time in that dungeon by reducing the number of Colossi to defeat and making getting the Gems from them much easier by increasing their drop rates. And honestly, I like this much better.

Still, granting Bronze Talos a Second Chance Chest would be nice because he's at the end of that long dungeon.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Trimond297 on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
They did trim down some time in that dungeon by reducing the number of Colossi to defeat and making getting the Gems from them much easier by increasing their drop rates. And honestly, I like this much better.

Still, granting Bronze Talos a Second Chance Chest would be nice because he's at the end of that long dungeon.
Ok, thanks Trimond. Did they trim that dungeon some time in April then? Because when I typed that post from the other thread I had just farmed him about a week prior. One attempt took just under 2 hours with the other one taking about 2 hours 20 minutes. The individual battles themselves were short (10-12 Mins.) but it took a lot of them to obtain the Gems. If it has been reduced since then (and drop rates increased), I will definitely have to go check it out and see the 'trimming' first hand. That's exciting to know, if they did indeed increase their Gem drop rates- not to mention quite a relief.

I wholeheartedly agree with the Second Chance Chest. Like I said it would be a win/win situation for KI and players alike. More revenue for KI and much more satisfied customers. After all the SCCs are optional and even if you have some crowns you don't have to spend them on the chests. But a lot of players would willingly dish some out, to save some valuable time acquiring loot. I like the idea...I like it a lot!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
1891
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
Ok, thanks Trimond. Did they trim that dungeon some time in April then? Because when I typed that post from the other thread I had just farmed him about a week prior. One attempt took just under 2 hours with the other one taking about 2 hours 20 minutes. The individual battles themselves were short (10-12 Mins.) but it took a lot of them to obtain the Gems. If it has been reduced since then (and drop rates increased), I will definitely have to go check it out and see the 'trimming' first hand. That's exciting to know, if they did indeed increase their Gem drop rates- not to mention quite a relief.

I wholeheartedly agree with the Second Chance Chest. Like I said it would be a win/win situation for KI and players alike. More revenue for KI and much more satisfied customers. After all the SCCs are optional and even if you have some crowns you don't have to spend them on the chests. But a lot of players would willingly dish some out, to save some valuable time acquiring loot. I like the idea...I like it a lot!
You're quite welcome. And you know, that dungeon took about nearly long as Miranda before, but these changes helped trim down the time it takes to complete that dungeon because it's for high level Pirates and the enemies are tough to defeat and all.

You know, and a bit off-topic for this, mind you, developers of Pirate101, but the one problem to solve for players enduring longer dungeons is for them to place a new system for longer dungeons that take more than 2 hours to finish called Dungeon Checkpoints. I sent my descriptive idea about them a while ago. I sure hope Ratbeard could take the time to read about my idea and consider this because system designing is pretty much likely his thing. It would be really nice to have checkpoints in longer dungeons so we wouldn't have to worry about being forced to complete them in about a day or so. Wizard101 also has a few Dungeons that take about 4 hours to finish and I sent my similar idea to them. Hope they could implement the idea in this game and the W101 team do that to Wizard101, someday.

Anyways, you're welcome once again.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
183
Trimond297 on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
My thoughts on that instance were to give Talos a new look to make him look more bronze, because he looks like the other regular Colossus, in terms of color appearances, but not like the others such as Rusty Colossus and Quicksilver Colossus.

And I do get that the game is great.
You have a very good point.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
1891
1Of1Musketeer on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
You have a very good point.
Indeed.

If Ratbeard is asking the two questions for the P101 team to answer before considering the team to give Bronze Talos a Second Chance Chest, like before with other bosses that didn't have them before, the answers are as follows, in that order...

1. Yes, the last boss, Bronze Talos, truly is located at the end of that long Dungeon, Talos.

2. Bronze Talos may positively have unique loot in his loot drop table.

Captain
May 27, 2009
560
Agreed on all points. This should go on someone's "to-do" list.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
1891
Willowydream on May 11, 2014 wrote:
Agreed on all points. This should go on someone's "to-do" list.
I think that would be for Ratbeard's to-do list.

Ratbeard, if you're around to hear this, I got your Second Chance Chest survey for Bronze Talos you were asking for, both questions in which are checked out with both questions answered "YES" in them.

1. Yes, Bronze Talos is at the end of the long instance. Check!

2. Yes, Bronze Talos does have unique loot. I think his sword counts as his unique boss loot, from what I've read. Check!

You got all this?