Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crown shop New Staff weapon dissapointment

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 09, 2011
I just purchased, for over 5,000 crowns, the new level 60 staff weapon from the crown shop to replace the staff I was using which was base 129 to 215 damage. The new level 60 staff indicates base weapon damage at 139 to 231. It seemed to be an attractive purchase.

I am VERY disappointed to see that my actual damage went down when I equipped the new staff. My damage was 331-417 with the old weapon. The new weapon shows damage 169-261. That is a significant drop in damage for a major purchase.

Did I just waste those crowns with my purchase? Where is the bug, in the old weapon or the new?

Also, it would be wonderful to see the effect of equipping a weapon or item before a purchase. I am sure there could be a way to show a preview of the new stats.

Please advise....

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
base damage on staffs only effects NORMAL attacks like mojo echo hits.

If your doing around 300-400 its not coming from a normal staff attack unless your counting hits together like when you get a triple hit.

Wonder why so many of us pvp high end players use staffs like moo's wand and phule's wand which has really low base damage. Not only is there long range on these 2 staffs but the base damage on them doesn't really effect our skill damage.

Cruel Darius Blake(65)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
isagittarius on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
I just purchased, for over 5,000 crowns, the new level 60 staff weapon from the crown shop to replace the staff I was using which was base 129 to 215 damage. The new level 60 staff indicates base weapon damage at 139 to 231. It seemed to be an attractive purchase.

I am VERY disappointed to see that my actual damage went down when I equipped the new staff. My damage was 331-417 with the old weapon. The new weapon shows damage 169-261. That is a significant drop in damage for a major purchase.

Did I just waste those crowns with my purchase? Where is the bug, in the old weapon or the new?

Also, it would be wonderful to see the effect of equipping a weapon or item before a purchase. I am sure there could be a way to show a preview of the new stats.

Please advise....
Oh I really Like that. It is hard sometimes to try to figure out what stats you have that would boost a certain purchase. I would Love to be able to see how the purchase would affect me Before I buy it.

Administrator
isagittarius on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:

Please advise....
There is a bug currently that is showing double damage for some weapons on the statistics for the weapon, but in actual application, the extra damage isn't (rightfully) being applied. I'd request you try a couple of fights with both weapons and see if this is the case and let us know.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Apr 09, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
There is a bug currently that is showing double damage for some weapons on the statistics for the weapon, but in actual application, the extra damage isn't (rightfully) being applied. I'd request you try a couple of fights with both weapons and see if this is the case and let us know.

Thanks!
Verified....

Ok, so the posted damage for the 'lesser' wand is not as shown on the character stat screen. It is a more reasonable, and consistent 195-217 damage (to a single square).

However, the damage of the purchased crown shop item is still a lesser and consistent 208 (area). From what I can see, there should have been an increase of 15 points damage when equipping the weapon, not a decrease of 9-10 points.

So, I will restate that there needs to be a way to see the effects on a character's stats when adding a weapon or item before purchase. And I believe that the stats of the level 60 staff item need to be adjusted.

I think I wasted 5,200 crowns....