Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crown Shop and Bundle Companions.

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
I have a suggestion. Well you know how we can't switch companions between our characters. Now hold up. Don't start saying NO, that won't work. Here me out. How about we keep the no switching companion thing as it is, but take some of the limitations off it. How about it was to where you can only switch crown shop companions and bundle companions. After all, all of my characters fall under my one account, so I don't see why we can't. Of course when you switched companions that would adapt to your flag colors.

Hope this happens!

Catherine Reade
Isabella Reade

Admiral
May 30, 2010
An interesting premise, but how would you handle the difference in levels among all your pirates? It would be uncool to have a brand new pirate sporting a maxed out companion. How would the levels be tracked for the companion? Say I pass my 65th level cat corsair off to my 16th level musketeer. When he goes back to the privateer I'd like him to be 65th again, but how can I be sure that I get the same stats back? I'm sure not going to remember what Ted had at 65, so unless KI had a system to track those levels every time I wanted to reset Ted's stats I could palm him off on a lower pirate and take him back. Am I going to be charged crowns every time I pass Ted back and forth?

How are you going to account for differences in play styles among each class of pirate? What I need Ted to do for a privateer is not exactly what I'd need from Ted as a witchdoctor or buccaneer.

I get that it's not nice to have to pay for X bundles to be sure X pirates all get the cool companion/pet/house/ship. (Because hey, if we can trade companions from the bundles, why NOT the ship or the house?) Sadly, a key part of life is to deal with these minor disappointments and budget accordingly. If I can only afford one Hoodoo bundle it makes sense to me to distribute the goodies therein to the pirates who will best benefit from what's offered.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Nov 18, 2014 wrote:
An interesting premise, but how would you handle the difference in levels among all your pirates? It would be uncool to have a brand new pirate sporting a maxed out companion. How would the levels be tracked for the companion? Say I pass my 65th level cat corsair off to my 16th level musketeer. When he goes back to the privateer I'd like him to be 65th again, but how can I be sure that I get the same stats back? I'm sure not going to remember what Ted had at 65, so unless KI had a system to track those levels every time I wanted to reset Ted's stats I could palm him off on a lower pirate and take him back. Am I going to be charged crowns every time I pass Ted back and forth?

How are you going to account for differences in play styles among each class of pirate? What I need Ted to do for a privateer is not exactly what I'd need from Ted as a witchdoctor or buccaneer.

I get that it's not nice to have to pay for X bundles to be sure X pirates all get the cool companion/pet/house/ship. (Because hey, if we can trade companions from the bundles, why NOT the ship or the house?) Sadly, a key part of life is to deal with these minor disappointments and budget accordingly. If I can only afford one Hoodoo bundle it makes sense to me to distribute the goodies therein to the pirates who will best benefit from what's offered.
Well I don't know why I didn't include this but let's say you were to switch companions between characters, what it would probably automatically do is bring the companion back to lvl 1 but you know If your like lvl 40 and you switched a companion over to the lvl 40 character, it would be easy to raise that companions level, because you know if that were to actually happen just one training point would go quite far so yeah. I haven't completely thought it out yet but hopefully someone else sees this post and comes up with something even better.