Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crab hermit needs some love

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
I know that we swash receive the crab hermit so we have a member on are crews who uses witch hunter and he works for that it's just I feel sorry for him he has been in the same rags and I do mean rags since we received him even if he can't have new powers at least give him a make over because if he was on my crew I would make sure he looked the part .

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
demonic47 on Jul 22, 2015 wrote:
I know that we swash receive the crab hermit so we have a member on are crews who uses witch hunter and he works for that it's just I feel sorry for him he has been in the same rags and I do mean rags since we received him even if he can't have new powers at least give him a make over because if he was on my crew I would make sure he looked the part .
Me: Frankly I think that he's useless.

Bart Jones ( My crab hermit): Who are ye talkin' about?

Me: Get me more pet snacks ye lubber! Thar's a reason why you're still level 16!

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
There's only one crab hermit they all have different names but there all the same one . Have you tried putting some points in to him. All and I have a lot all of my companions are at max level if they have a pirate at 65 they are at 65 you shouldn't write off a companion so fast most don't start till they get a few points in them that's when they get good. He may not have flashy attacks but he can save your butt in mooshu against dragons and witchdoctor pigs unless you like to get smacked around buy the pigs. Swash have the best assortment of crew of all the other pirates you should learn to use them that's what there for .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Jul 23, 2015 wrote:

Me: Get me more pet snacks ye lubber! Thar's a reason why you're still level 16!
Oh please, Finnagan, level that poor Crab! ( at least he'll get you better snacks/equipment or maybe an egg! )

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Yes, I agree. The crab hermit should get some more love. It makes me sad to see him as a useless companion, and still in rags, looking all sad. -hugs hermit-

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 23, 2015 wrote:
Oh please, Finnagan, level that poor Crab! ( at least he'll get you better snacks/equipment or maybe an egg! )
Oh I will eventually.(even though i still don't think i should waste the points on him) But first I just have to level up EVERY OTHER COMPANION I HAVE!

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
What do you mean waste of points the more points a companion has the more they can do be it more damage in a fight or just hunting for snacks I have received over over 30 eggs from all of my companions I have to sell all the extra eggs I just don't have room just from having them at there max level and training points are so easy to get now I have extra I can't use tell we get a update most of my pirates have 12 to 15 hanging around they can't use. so max those poor companion out you will be grateful later when you hit max level.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
demonic47 on Jul 25, 2015 wrote:
What do you mean waste of points the more points a companion has the more they can do be it more damage in a fight or just hunting for snacks I have received over over 30 eggs from all of my companions I have to sell all the extra eggs I just don't have room just from having them at there max level and training points are so easy to get now I have extra I can't use tell we get a update most of my pirates have 12 to 15 hanging around they can't use. so max those poor companion out you will be grateful later when you hit max level.
x sigh x OK, there something I don't think you're grasping here. I'M JOKING!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
That Crab hermit is the worse companion in the game, does anyone use him in a serious battle? ( except for Finnagan, as a joke in Moo's Tower. And BTW, the Crab is level 60 ).
Why do we swashbucklers have the 3 worse companions in the game? Nurse Quinn ( useless ), Crab Hermit ( weak ), Crazy Monquistidor Crossbowman ( ugly, weak and useless ) .

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Jul 26, 2015 wrote:
That Crab hermit is the worse companion in the game, does anyone use him in a serious battle? ( except for Finnagan, as a joke in Moo's Tower. And BTW, the Crab is level 60 ).
Why do we swashbucklers have the 3 worse companions in the game? Nurse Quinn ( useless ), Crab Hermit ( weak ), Crazy Monquistidor Crossbowman ( ugly, weak and useless ) .
Because, if you read any of the PvP threads, Swashbucklers are "over-powered". Clearly we get the worst companions to help slow us down.

Maybe the reality is they know swashies have softer hearts than the other classes, so we'll feel sorry for the poor, useless waifs and give them a nice home on our crew, where they can play with pets and look for new snacks and toys all day long...

Ensign
Aug 31, 2013
Fearless Finnagan on Jul 23, 2015 wrote:

With the new epics, you can give him Mojo Rising x2 and Jobu's ruse, and he criticals very nicely, and his animations are soooo fun to watch.

Ensign
Aug 31, 2013
He's not that bad, Anecrobie. When he's over level 55, give him Mojo Rising 2 and Jobu's ruse. You'll find him getting sweet criticals with amazing animations and good offensive and defensive attributes. His crab is sooooo low on level and weak, yet he's a good distraction. :) I was shocked to see him have over 70 resistance AND armor, yes, both. His shell accompanied by his magical abilities are splendid, right?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I've always thought the Crazy Monquistador was cute...

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
With the new update some companions acquire up to 3 more epics and a few extra talents
Check him out see if he is good
I have gained six new companions to use because of this new update